Vocal Tips Needed.

Well I wouldn’t have posted this in the first place if I wasn’t seeking a real solution…

30+ year old posting on a 17 year old’s subject, and trying to make fun of me = priceless.

BTW silverblood, thanx for the cue on the Zen of Screaming. Looks very interesting!

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
30+ year old posting on a 17 year old’s subject, and trying to make fun of me = priceless.

[/quote]

This is not funny or original.

glad I could help. shoot me a message so I can find some of your music.

[quote]IronWarrior24 wrote:
flipHKD_6 wrote:

This is not funny or original.[/quote]

I was mocking him, not waiting for your approval of my reply. Shh.

…You did try posing this thread on a music forum, right?

Try playing around with your voice while in the car. Sing “Master of Puppets” with a Kermit the Frog voice. Stuff like that. That’s a real tip from a professional voice actor. Plus, it’s the privacy of your car, so if you realize it sucks, no one will make fun of you.

My friend, there are many breathing exercises that singers will tell you to employ. You have to basically relearn how to breathe. Something you have been doing your whole life, you have to do it differently. They say. Have there been singers that have not one lesson in their lives and are the best? Yes. Have there been classically trained singers that are successful? Yes. Both is the answer.

Personally, I think singing comes from within, and when you know how, you know how… from day one. Nobody can tell you how to sing. It’s impossible. The people that will tell you how to sing, they forgot who they are. They listened to some dumbfuck tell them how to sing. Don’t ask for advice, just do as you do. Sing what is inside of you, and don’t hear or listen to anybody who claim to know the secrets of singing.

Yeah, get a teacher. Well worth it.

Also my voice seems to perform best when I drink hot liquids (especially green tea) regularly, and particularly before and after practice/shows. And if you have any sort of cold or stuffiness, some extremely strong mints before singing can really help clear it up (think altoids or icebreakers gum).

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
flipHKD_6 wrote:

I was mocking him, not waiting for your approval of my reply. Shh.[/quote]

Iron Warrior was correct; you’re attempt at mocking me was neither funny or original. However, now that you’ve revealed your age to be 17, your thread makes more sense.

Question: Which one of the douchebags playing Rock Star in your avatar is you?

The Perfect Voice “system” works quite well…the book is fairly cheap on Amazon, if I remember correctly, so my recommendation would be to look into that.

It’s a simple concept that takes a little work. The good news is that you will hear it the moment you get it.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
flipHKD_6 wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
flipHKD_6 wrote:

I was mocking him, not waiting for your approval of my reply. Shh.

Iron Warrior was correct; you’re attempt at mocking me was neither funny or original. However, now that you’ve revealed your age to be 17, your thread makes more sense.

Question: Which one of the douchebags playing Rock Star in your avatar is you?[/quote]

The guy is on stage displaying his talents. I haven’t seen someone this obviously jealous on these forums in a few weeks. I’m sorry you wish you could have gotten on stage in highschool and missed out, but flip is doing something awesome and you’re trying to shit on him for it.

Grow a pair, you little bitch.

I would be the one on the left. Not that it’s relative to anything.

[quote]theAnj wrote:

Also my voice seems to perform best when I drink hot liquids (especially green tea) regularly, and particularly before and after practice/shows. And if you have any sort of cold or stuffiness, some extremely strong mints before singing can really help clear it up (think altoids or icebreakers gum). [/quote]

mmmmm, I can make you sing…with pleasure. :wink:

[quote]theAnj wrote:

Also my voice seems to perform best when I drink hot liquids (especially green tea) regularly, and particularly before and after practice/shows. And if you have any sort of cold or stuffiness, some extremely strong mints before singing can really help clear it up (think altoids or icebreakers gum). [/quote]

I was doing sound for a play a few years ago and the female lead was having problems so I brewed up some herbal tea with honey and told her to sip it before the shows and whenever she was off stage. She sounded a lot better for the remainder of the shows. Something about hot liquids and honey.

Double posting in your own thread just to fire off a weak insult: priceless

Me posting just to contribute to the “mastercard joke” faggotry: tasteless

I took vocal lessons a long time ago.

The advice I give every aspiring singer: DO NOT SMOKE.

[quote]saroachman wrote:
Double posting in your own thread just to fire off a weak insult: priceless

Me posting just to contribute to the “mastercard joke” faggotry: tasteless[/quote]

Amen, why’d you do it for then.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
My friend, there are many breathing exercises that singers will tell you to employ. You have to basically relearn how to breathe. Something you have been doing your whole life, you have to do it differently. They say. Have there been singers that have not one lesson in their lives and are the best? Yes. Have there been classically trained singers that are successful? Yes. Both is the answer.

Personally, I think singing comes from within, and when you know how, you know how… from day one. Nobody can tell you how to sing. It’s impossible. The people that will tell you how to sing, they forgot who they are. They listened to some dumbfuck tell them how to sing. Don’t ask for advice, just do as you do. Sing what is inside of you, and don’t hear or listen to anybody who claim to know the secrets of singing. [/quote]

Those breathing techniques are often the same ones that you do to fix premature ejaculation.
Random comment I know, good luck with it though man. ignore those that think its gay to sing. Just about everyone likes to listen to some kind of music and respects the musicians that they’re into, but its gay to like singing?
That’s like saying you think wat Andy Bolton and Dexter Jackson do is realy cool and you respect them but then saying that anyone wh lifts wieghts is lame.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:

Question: Which one of the douchebags playing Rock Star in your avatar is you?[/quote]

[photo]15903[/photo]

Livin the dream, man, livin’ the dream…