Vocal Tips Needed.

I’d just like to know, if anyone has some helpful hints to increase range/octaves in singing. Just making it easier to hold and sustain higher notes. Secondly, any warm ups anyone has to offer that works, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LOL

wtf

…gay?

So, being in a band is gay?
Yeah, I expected many replies like this. Thanks. Appreciate it.

mark baxter’s book will tell you just about everything you need to know. well worth the 20 bucks he’s asking for it.

this series on youtube is a good warmup and cool down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5CWsFaVnWM

Thanks swivel, I’ll check it out.

Geddy laughs at you.

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
So, being in a band is gay?
Yeah, I expected many replies like this. Thanks. Appreciate it.[/quote]

No problem.

Get a classically trained voice teacher. Apply the concepts to rock.

check out the “Zen of Screaming” dvd. my son has a 3 octave range and wants to sing opera but will also do some Deicide. This dvd will help train you in the proper warmups and exercises so you can scream or growl with power and not blow out your vocal cords.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Geddy laughs at you.[/quote]

Brooding in the tower
Watching o’er his land
Holding ev’ry creature
Helplessly they stand
Gaze into his prisms
Knowing they are near
Lead them to the dungeons
Spectres numb with fear
They bow defeated

WTF is gay about singing?

Google “vocal warmups” and “vocal exercices”, then do the same on YouTube, etc. You’ll get tons of info.

Do check for a good teacher in your area, even if it’s for a just a few courses followed by checkups. Skilled singers’ eyes and hears will help you a great deal.

Sometimes in singing it’s not “adding techniques” but learning to loosen up. Just look at how babies can scream for hours like possessed banshees day after day…

Drop a 45 on one of your pinkies?

Helpful advice: take a night school/community college course for about $80 bucks. The feedback’s better than a book/CD. and no, not that kind of feedback.

Somewhere, Simon Cowell is thinking of an a new reality singing show called American Iron.

[quote]Mad_Duck wrote:
Drop a 45 on one of your pinkies?

Helpful advice: take a night school/community college course for about $80 bucks. The feedback’s better than a book/CD. and no, not that kind of feedback.[/quote]

Good advice. You could most definitely end up banging some artsy chicks.

[quote]sen say wrote:

Good advice. You could most definitely end up banging some artsy chicks.[/quote]

Really? At night school or a community college.

Me thinks not.

Unless you consider a middle-aged woman with an ex-husband and 4 kids artsy.

Vocal Range huh?

Call up your local girl guides and get them line up single file. Spread your legs apart and have each one kick you hard right between the legs. I am sure you will be able to get a couple octaves higher. Not to sure about lower though.

Helium balloons are another good suggestion. You can sing to the girl guides and give out balloons at the same time.

Well for everyone that was serious, thanks. I have googled and youtubed them, but I usually get bits and pieces telling me to buy their product. I’m just weary of how much helping it’ll do. I’ve heard of the Zen of Screaming… I’m not sure. Thanks to all though, who were serious.

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
Well for everyone that was serious, thanks. Thanks to all though, who were serious.[/quote]

Sense of humor > Vocal range

Taking things too seriously = Priceless