Vladimir Putin Running for Third Term as President of Russia

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
In 2008, Medvedev had an amendment to the Russian constitution made that extends the Presidential term of office from 4 to 6 years. Obviously a deal was made whereby Putin allowed Medvedev to run so long as Medvedev agreed to make the constitutional amendment and stand aside after one term. Putin likely intends to remain in office until 2024. I predict disaster.[/quote]

MOSCOW–Vladimir Putin, the man who will become Russia’s president for a third term next month, indicated Wednesday he would back a law that bars others from doing what he did, ruling as president more than twice.
But Putin also suggested such a law would not apply to himself, leaving open the possibility that he could run for a fourth presidential term in 2018.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/international/europe/2012/04/12/337618/Putin-claims.htm

I wrote a 5 page paper on Putin and how he deceptively controls both the head of state and the head of government. I got an A.

I don’t think we’ll see another representative in his position for at least the next 10 years because he’s not going to step down lightly.

[quote]Kakarat wrote:
I wrote a 5 page paper on Putin and how he deceptively controls both the head of state and the head of government. I got an A.

I don’t think we’ll see another representative in his position for at least the next 10 years because he’s not going to step down lightly.[/quote]

Could you PM me your paper? I’d be very interested in reading it.

CS

Yeah I wouldn’t mind checking that out either, if you don’t mind.

Jon Stewart did a interview with the author about Vladimir Putin “The Man without a Face, The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin.”

While she is some what bland in the interview it still talks about Putin and the circumstances in which he came to power.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]Kakarat wrote:

I don’t think we’ll see another representative in his position for at least the next 10 years because he’s not going to step down lightly.[/quote]

Could you PM me your paper? I’d be very interested in reading it.

CS[/quote]

I looked over my paper and it’s actually a method of leadership paper comparing Obama to Lao Tzu and Putin to Machiavelli. It seems my fascination with Putin and Russia misguided me to believe it was all about Putin.

My memory is also not as good as I thought because it’s also only 3 pages (I wrote it 3 semesters ago).

It still briefly outlines his role as a Russian leader and his deceptiveness, but i apologize if i was misleading. And, you’re both of course welcome to still read it if you’d like.

I think the word “running” is misused in this title. I think that implies that there is some chance he isn’t going to win and actually needs to campaign/run to win this election.

Freedom house is a great source for issues like this.

Putin, is trouble.

Granted we probably don’t get the full story or latest news in the states, but ive read about shit like Putins political rivals disappearing.