Vitamin Use By Dates

I’m wanting some advice from those more knowledgeable than me…

I have the chance to get some Life Extension Foundation products ( probably the best for multivitamins around )at very low prices. However, they are past their use-by-date (thus the cheap price).

What I don’t know is how long past the use-by-date they remain potent.

Here’s what I have the chance at:

Life Extension Multi Nutrient Formula caps Exp. 01/04

LIFE EXTENSION SUPER BOOSTER oil-based multi complement Exp. 02/04

CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) Exp. 01/04

Carnosine Exp. 04/03

LIFE EXTENSION HERBAL MIX ultimate green health powder Exp. 03/04

so, any thoughts?

Thanks a lot

I have a thought: Do not buy expired $+!+.

If you want a good multivitamin get something from Twinlab. Their stuff is fairly inexpensive and of good quality.

I would forget about all of the other stuff on your list as well. If you are looking for health, maybe get some extra vitamin C but most of your vitamins and minerals you will get from real food, so I would not worry too much about it.

[quote]MentalMuscle wrote:
I would forget about all of the other stuff on your list as well. If you are looking for health, maybe get some extra vitamin C but most of your vitamins and minerals you will get from real food, so I would not worry too much about it.[/quote]

With respect, I have to disagree with you there. Most vegetables and fruits today have been selected and bred for uniformity of size and appearance, shelf life and transportability, and their nutrition profiles have been completely ignored.
Studies have shown that fruit and vegetables now are far inferior to those of even 20 years ago in regards to vitamins, minerals and micro-nutrients.
Meat has also been altered in regards to it’s nutritional value- with much being grown under indoor, intensive systems with the use of anti-biotics and hormones.

At the same time our environmental load is far greater with pollution, chemical “loads” and general stress resulting in much greater needs for nutrients.

Basically I believe that for optimal health, unless you live in the countryside, away from cities and industries and eat organically raised, fresh, heirloom fruit and vegetables and organic, pasture-raised meat you will need extra nutritional help.

I intend to die young, at an old age :slight_smile: