Vitamin D & ECGC

So with some recent studying on these two supplements; I’ve decided to give them a try.

With the amount of looking-up-information of these I’ve done; I haven’t found any real information on the dosage required for someone.

So, has anyone else had success with either/both of these? If so…how tall are you and what do you weight and how much of the supplement did you take?

I’ve taken one or two 2000 I.U. Vitamin D tablets per day for the past couple months and I notice a mood enhancement effect. I also don’t crash and burn around 4pm like I used to.

Height: 6’2" Weight: ~215 depending on the day.

Thanks Doug; that’s the kind of response that I was hoping for!

Anyone else?

…?

Wow, one or two 2000 IU per day?

I take maybe 2-3 1000 IU tabs per meal, so about 3x per day. Don’t know what a good dosage is but I have only taken it for just under a month. Have not noticed any changes…

I want to start taking it with Calcium D-Glucarate, though, and maybe some grapefruit juice. With meals.

I take 1500 IU/day along with my calcium supplement. I’ve definitely noticed a mood enhancement as well, very rarely do I have a day where I’m feeling down. I’m 6’1" - 185 pounds

I also drink or supplement Green Tea (ECGC) constantly when dieting. I was able to get leaner faster…but I can’t vouch that this was due to the Green Tea. I’m still relatively new to dieting so I gain more experience/become more effective each time I diet down.

I get in roughly 3000 iu’s per day- from cod liver oil and my calcium/vit d supplement. I can’t say I notice anything, however all of the evidence points to vitamin d being extremely important so I just make sure to get it in. I also take about 500 mg of green tea about four times a day. These are from pills. I don’t seem to notice anything really I just take them for health. I’m 6 foot 2, about 250 lbs.

I read on intensemuscle that table from vitamin D is almost useless. Seems that OIL based capusles are much better.

Interesting stuff so far.

I’ve been taking 2000 IU of Vit D for the past 2 weeks; no “mood” difference…but I always feel like a f*cking rockstar (hence the name!).

I have also been taking 1.5-2g of EGCG in the morning on an empty stomach. I just upped it to 2g today because I hadn’t seen a difference and figured I’d up it to finish the bottle off and see if I saw/felt any difference, time will tell.

Not sure if the EGCG will show right now because I’m in a caloric surplus right now. But all the info (like Vit. D) show that it’s really good for the body.

I’m 6’-1" and 195lbs.

Over 2,000 daily and you should have blood levels checked ocassioanly. No one does this.

Less than 10,000 daily should not not lead any toxicity for most healthy individuals. Above that definitely get blood levels.

It is fat soluable so you do not want to get too much. You do not just piss it all out.

I take about 5,000 D3 daily with no blood work.

Where did you read that at over 2,000 IU a person should get blood levels checked? What issues could arise with that dosage?

I get maybe 4-6,000 IU a day. I just pop the tabs when i feel like it, every time with a meal.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Where did you read that at over 2,000 IU a person should get blood levels checked? What issues could arise with that dosage?

I get maybe 4-6,000 IU a day. I just pop the tabs when i feel like it, every time with a meal.[/quote]

I took that comment to mean you should take at least that much per day AND get the test done to see if you need any more.

So, will you go in 50/50 with me on the following:

Sorry, I don’t have half a cent lying around. Maybe when it goes on sale.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

I get maybe 4-6,000 IU a day. I just pop the tabs when i feel like it, every time with a meal.[/quote]

life extension

Given the vast benefits of vitamin D for cardiovascular and whole-body health, ensuring optimal vitamin D status is an essential part of every wellness program.

The best way to know your vitamin D status is to have your doctor measure the blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (not to be confused with 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D). The minimum level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D required for health is controversial, and can also vary by the method used for measurement.

However, most authorities have argued that a rock-bottom minimum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level of 30 ng/mL, or 75 nmol/L, is the point at which phenomena associated with deficiency begin to be corrected.

40 Noted vitamin D authority Dr. Reinhold Vieth of the University of Toronto has argued that a blood level of 40 ng/mL (100 nmol/L) should be achieved.7 Dr. Michael Holick of the University of Boston proposes that serum level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D is in the range of 30-50 ng/mL (75-125 nmol/L).

34 Another study showed that elderly men and women were at an increased risk of bone loss when their levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D fell below 45 ng/mL (110 nmol/L), suggesting that maintaining 25-hydroxyvitamin D above 45 ng/mL may be crucial for all aging adults.

41 If vitamin D levels are low, consider supplementation to help reverse a vitamin D deficiency. Re-checking your vitamin D status after several months of supplementation is prudent to ensure that a deficiency has been averted.

New studies are showing that the dose required to achieve a healthy blood level of vitamin D is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000�??4,000 IU per day in the absence of sun exposure.42

That�??s more than five times the Institute of Medicine�??s recommended adequate intake, though still less than obtained through several minutes of midday sun exposure.

Vitamin D toxicity does not usually develop unless vitamin D intake exceeds 10,000 units per day or blood levels exceed 80 ng/mL (200 nmol/L).1,7 In fact, some scientists believe that the tolerable upper intake level of vitamin D intake should be revised from 2,000 IU/day to 10,000 IU/day.43

icecold; while your words might bring some intellegence to the site…that avatar is about to either make me puke (not b/c it’s a hot ass) or have a seizure.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
icecold; while your words might bring some intellegence to the site…that avatar is about to either make me puke (not b/c it’s a hot ass) or have a seizure.[/quote]

happy now?

[quote]icecold wrote:
B rocK wrote:
icecold; while your words might bring some intellegence to the site…that avatar is about to either make me puke (not b/c it’s a hot ass) or have a seizure.

happy now?[/quote]

8=====D

you tell me.

haha