Vitamin D and Vitamin K

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I had a client taking 4,000 IU/day for 2 months, her levels were at 97, doctor freaked out told her to stop taking and 6 weeks later retest.

She was down to mid 40s that fast.[/quote]

For the doc to “freak out” over 97 is just absurd; there’s no benefit over 50, but there’s no danger until you get past 100 (for most people). Reducing it some is sensible, but it should be at least 50.

Im going to start on 4000ius, so You reckon I shouldnt worry about vit K as long as my levels arnt in the toxic region

[quote]SuperFast wrote:
For those supplementing: remember that D is fat-soluble, so you need to have ingested some dietary fat recently when taking the pill(s).

Also, you need D to absorb and utilize calcium, so if you significantly increase your D intake (or sun exposure, now that it’s warmed up), you may not need as much calcium.

Re: Sun for D
Full spectrum sunlight is only available in temperate zones from 11am - 1pm spring and fall, and 10am - 2pm summer; 15 - 20 minutes per day on bare skin (not just face and arms) will give you as much D as you can make. Outside of those windows, because of the angle of the sun, you can get enough UVA to get melanoma w/o getting any UVB to make vit D; so, avoid the sun like the plague other than the 15 - 20 min during the window of opportunity.

Midnight. Mongo sleep now.[/quote]

thanks for that.