T Nation

Vitamin D and Fish Oil Help.

Hey T-Nation, just a couple of questions here.

I am currently taking 6 1200mg soft gels of fish oil daily. Is this too much or too little? I weight 170 pounds.

I also just purchased a bottle of vitamin D3. I have heard a lot of respected members recommending it but i'm not sure i should be taking d3 or d2? I also have no idea about the dosages.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

Hey, you may want to read this

also, you could check out Flameout in the store and base it off that. Before I started taking Flameout though, I used to base my fish oil intake by taking enough until I got the runs and than backing off a few capsules. I prefer to just take my 4 Flameout a day though.

D3, and you are fine taking 6 fish oil pills per day.

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
I used to base my fish oil intake by taking enough until I got the runs and than backing off a few capsules. [/quote]

Can you go too far with this? I stopped adding more when I got to 15 capsules/day and still didn’t get the runs.

The ones I take are 180mg EPA & 120mg DHA per softgel.

[quote]JLone wrote:
D3, and you are fine taking 6 fish oil pills per day. [/quote]

x2.

I personally take 4,000 IUs of D3 a day

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
I used to base my fish oil intake by taking enough until I got the runs and than backing off a few capsules. [/quote]

Can you go too far with this? I stopped adding more when I got to 15 capsules/day and still didn’t get the runs.

The ones I take are 180mg EPA & 120mg DHA per softgel.[/quote]

Shoot for 1800mg of EPA and 1200mg of DHA per day.

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

x2.

I personally take 4,000 IUs of D3 a day[/quote]

Do you notice the benefits of this?

I take around 2000 IUs of D3 and a few grams of fish oil to support my HDL levels and because zraw says so lol.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

x2.

I personally take 4,000 IUs of D3 a day[/quote]

Do you notice the benefits of this?

I take around 2000 IUs of D3 and a few grams of fish oil to support my HDL levels and because zraw says so lol.[/quote]

No, can’t really say I notice anything. I’m not out in the sun all that often, so I figured I should supplement with it.

Zraw gives some excellent advice on the use of fish oil and d3 :wink: Sorry buddy I couldn’t help it!