T Nation

Vitamin C

Does any one here like opening up a Vitamin C capsule into their hand and eating it, because it is really really bitter sour and kinda tastes nice? Or am i just plain weird? Try it and see, i love the stuff.

I roll them around in my mouth a little bit, mostly to help get rid of the cod liver oil taste, but I dont chew em up!

Back when I just got out of High School, I worked at GNC. They had these 500 mg Vit C Tablets that we use to suck on like candy, they were good! Probably taking down 5,000 mgs a day! That probably wouldnt go along with Lonnie Lowery’s recomendations in his new (Evil Antioxidants) article. Ahhh, to be young and dumb! Obviously that would be the case if i was working at GNC…

[quote]Murphy the seal wrote:
Does any one here like opening up a Vitamin C capsule into their hand and eating it, because it is really really bitter sour and kinda tastes nice? Or am i just plain weird? Try it and see, i love the stuff.[/quote]

I use Emergen-C. It’s a flavored powder that mixes with your water, and it has 1,000 mg of Vitamin C, plus many other B vitamins, and other basic minerals you’d find in your multi. Google it, it’s good stuff. I drink it when lifting or playing basketball.

Ok, so i am normal. Kinda.

I like to take supplements out of the capsules and just suck on the clear plasticy thing.

It’s like the placebo effect without actually having a placebo.

Ok, so i am normal. Kinda.[/quote]

No you’re not. Tell them what you did with the stimulants.

Murphy the Seal has just opened this 1000mg vit c pill (according to him) and put the powder on the palm of my hand and told me to try eating it.

Extreme as I am I just sucked the whole thing in one go and as it dissolved in my mouth I felt this INCREDIBLE BUZZ shooting of energy rushing all the way through my cranium going out at the crown of my head…

…WHAT A FANTASTIC BUZZ!
I realized after words he meant to eat it bit by bit, I think, not all the 1000mg powder in one go. But hey!..who wants to be normal, normal is boring. : )

Oh, you may have got the LSD capsule.

I tried opening a capsule of TRIBEX once, and that was the end of that.

I had this crazy idea to put it in my nutrition shake, but I thought I’d take a little dab on my tongue. Needless to say I recapped it and that was the end of that. It was beyond bitter.

Sometimes I get a wild hair and I try to uncap the Alpha Male caps, but they don’t come apart very easy.

Oh, you may have got the LSD capsule.[/quote]

LOL,

THAT is why I like you! : )

[quote]BrentM wrote:
I tried opening a capsule of TRIBEX once, and that was the end of that.

I had this crazy idea to put it in my nutrition shake, but I thought I’d take a little dab on my tongue. Needless to say I recapped it and that was the end of that. It was beyond bitter.

Sometimes I get a wild hair and I try to uncap the Alpha Male caps, but they don’t come apart very easy.[/quote]

Don’t use wild hair, try the scissors. : )

…or play doctor and get a blade and make a small incision with maximum precision…

But I will stick with Murphy on the vit C. It’s the concentration of the bitter sweet ride - just like life, eh?