T Nation

Vita-Mix...Stuff we like?

Has anyone heard of the vita-mix? Its like a super blender. I saw a demonstration on it and was extremely impressed. It looked very useful for bodybuilding purposes. You can make all kinds of things with it. You can make really healthy soups and other meals that taste incredible using vegetables most of us can’t stand. The blade is so fast that the friction actually cooks your soup. Its got a good warranty. Only problem is its about 400 bucks. Anyone else have any comments. I thought this would be a good product for a ‘Stuff We Like’ article. What do you think t-mag?

Awesome device and I use it every day to make protein shakes, juices, nut milks etc. Very high quality and mine will probably last 10 years. I used to have cheasy blenders break down on me every 6 months.

Best thing I ever bought. Use it like 3 times a day.

Thanks for the responces. What are your favorite things to make? I bet you could turn some advanced protein into a tasty treat with an ice cream consistency. I’m probably going to order one soon.

My Vita-Mix was purchased in the early '80s, and it’s still roars into life every morning, making my breakfast shake (oatmeal, peanut butter, protein) and a couple of shakes to carry to work in my cooler. It’s also made a few margaritas in its day. Good idea about reviewing it for “Stuff We Like” though; I’ll see if I can get a new model to play with for the column.

Well we design commercial restaurant kitchens at my workplace and the vitamix is what we spec out for the bars if they have blended drinks. Great features and quality.

Mine’s not quite as old as John K’s, but I got my Vitamix in the mid-80’s and it’s still going strong. If you can afford one it will be a good investment for years to come.

I’ve had one for 7 yrs. One word: AWESOME! Buy it, you won’t regret it!

My Vita-mix has been around for 8 years. It is great. The only thing I had to replace was the blade. It will last as long as I live. I bought into the hype about all that it can make but I have really only used it as a blender. They use to make everything out of stainless steel but I think everything is plastic now.