T Nation

Vista vs Windows 7

Sooooooooo

I installed Vista like a month ago and it was fine, right? yes, it was.

About an hour ago I got a box asking to put in a product key…wtf. brah?

I don’t have one of those stupid things because I borrowed the Vista reinstall disc from some dude my gf knows…we don’t talk to him anymore because he looks weird.

Anyway, now I don’t know what to do

look for a product key…how?

just buy Windowsa 7…pros/coms?

That’s pretty much it…if I have to buy a whole new os then it might as well be the newest one, right?

or throw me a key?

help is appreciated.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
we don’t talk to him anymore because he looks weird.
.[/quote]

you are not very rationnal individual aren’t you ?

Windows 7 is far and away superior compared to Vista, and I would highly suggest it. Personally, I’d rather use XP than Vista.

Vista’s problems have been well documented, and Microsoft really went overboard to make sure that Windows 7 went above and beyond. If cash isn’t a problem, get Windows 7 now. NOW. RIGHT NOW.

I’d second getting 7. I love it, never had any problems with it and it’s nice to look at.

I have both, vista at work an windows 7 at home.
Vista Sucks. It Sucks(period).

Get a mac =)

Windows 7 is their best desktop OS yet. If you can, buy it or download it.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
Get a mac =)[/quote]

x2

(or is that x3 because spence posted it twice? lol)

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
Get a mac =)[/quote]

Well, that require him to buy a whole new computer. You see, Apple is so full of shit that you can’t even legally install OS X on a PC. Windows doesn’t have that problem and neither does linux.

VistA sucks, if you must open your window, pick up PC thow out window run downstairs, piss on it, let dry and repeat.

Are you a college student? If so you can get a discounted price on windows 7. I would go with windows 7 professional or ultimate. I love windows 7, I went from XP to 7 on both of my machines.

I so regret getting Vista. Most of the games I try to play crash, even some old ones. It annoys the shit out of me.

[quote]rickbenn wrote:
Are you a college student? If so you can get a discounted price on windows 7. I would go with windows 7 professional or ultimate. I love windows 7, I went from XP to 7 on both of my machines. [/quote]

$55 and I had a copy of Windows 7 Professional from my local university. This is the way to go in my opinion.

XP has a RAM cap of under 4GB. If you’re computer has more than that, you are better switching to a newer OS.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Sooooooooo

I installed Vista like a month ago and it was fine, right? yes, it was.

About an hour ago I got a box asking to put in a product key…wtf. brah?

I don’t have one of those stupid things because I borrowed the Vista reinstall disc from some dude my gf knows…we don’t talk to him anymore because he looks weird.

Anyway, now I don’t know what to do

look for a product key…how?

just buy Windowsa 7…pros/coms?

That’s pretty much it…if I have to buy a whole new os then it might as well be the newest one, right?

or throw me a key?

help is appreciated.[/quote]

If only my FTP server was functional right now… retail MS OSes are a rip, even if it is worth it. If your university lets you get a copy, go for that. Otherwise there are always more… unscrupulous means.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]rickbenn wrote:
Are you a college student? If so you can get a discounted price on windows 7. I would go with windows 7 professional or ultimate. I love windows 7, I went from XP to 7 on both of my machines. [/quote]

$55 and I had a copy of Windows 7 Professional from my local university. This is the way to go in my opinion.

XP has a RAM cap of under 4GB. If you’re computer has more than that, you are better switching to a newer OS. [/quote]

Actually I forgot to mention that I got a laptop as a Christmas present because I was going back to school. Laptop specs 4 gigs of ram 320 Gig hard drive, both machines are 64 bit. My college also gave me a refund check from not using all of the financial aid so I bought a new desktop computer with that money. My last PC was a four year old XP machine. The computer was good but it was time to retire XP. The desktop has 8 Gigs of ram and a 1 TB hard drive (since it was a tax write-off, since I would be using it for school off, so why not go all out). Back in 2008 I used vista for a little bit and I did not like it.

I upgraded both PC’s from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional (should I upgrade to ultimate?) and I love it.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
we don’t talk to him anymore because he looks weird.
.[/quote]

you are not very rationnal individual aren’t you ?[/quote]

This question makes no sense, Canadian Brah1!!!

Now that you all are mentioning it, Vista was awful. I really only use my computer for studying (fitness,psych stuff) so anything beyond that is useless to me. But, I have two computers in my apartment and one is wireless…the wireless one NEVER connected to the network although it did on XP.

It looks like I’ll be getting Windows 7 soon…you say schools have it? Where the bookstores?

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Sooooooooo

I installed Vista like a month ago and it was fine, right? yes, it was.

About an hour ago I got a box asking to put in a product key…wtf. brah?

I don’t have one of those stupid things because I borrowed the Vista reinstall disc from some dude my gf knows…we don’t talk to him anymore because he looks weird.

Anyway, now I don’t know what to do

look for a product key…how?

just buy Windowsa 7…pros/coms?

That’s pretty much it…if I have to buy a whole new os then it might as well be the newest one, right?

or throw me a key?

help is appreciated.[/quote]

If only my FTP server was functional right now… retail MS OSes are a rip, even if it is worth it. If your university lets you get a copy, go for that. Otherwise there are always more… unscrupulous means.

[/quote]

I have no scruples, PM me your dark means!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

To anyone who says Mac, don’t listen to them.

Definitely go for Windows 7, I got my copy free so I was lucky but you won’t be disappointed.