Visiting Toronto?

I asked some people at work for some suggestions, here’s what they said:

Indian - Nataraj (directions on the previously linked website).

They also mentioned that if you are in the Entertainment district (King W.) there are a number of good medium priced restaurants. These generally cater to the theatre crowd.

Thai - There are a ton of small ones al over downtown. The one that was recommended to me was Golden Thai. I ate there once a few years ago and as I recall it was good.
Golden Thai Restaurant (Restaurant) in Toronto - (416) 868-6668 - Information, Map, Pictures, & Reviews

Italian - This was a tough one as it wasn’t there preference. Soul of the Vine is good (upstairs is Far Nainte which is fine dining, good but expensive). Soul of the Vine caters more to the casual dining /lunch and is priced at the higher end of casual, but the food is good.

You could also enquire about going to the Little Italy part of the city. there would be lot’s of small authentic places to eat.

One recommendation they made was “Rosebud” but it’s a little farther away from downtown. These women had recently been there and highly recommend it.

As for things to do, you could try the harbour cruise (it is close to your hotel Jillybob).

Take a look at this website as well:

http://www.toronto.com/attractions/article/516918

I linked it to the festivals tab (Jillybob you may be here for Pride week, that is, ahhh…interesting…shall we say).

If your into theatre you can find the shows on either of the websites. If you are interested take a look and post any questions, I’ll ask around for reviews.

There is also the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) if you are into that.

What else…shopping - For some trendy stores check out Queen West (the street) or if you like Greek then Little Greece.

I’d recommend that you get a subway map (it’s pretty straight forward) as it may help get around.

Hopefully some of that helps.

You should try a make an effort to get to the CN Tower. I’m still amazed everytime I go up. Whether you try restaurant or just go for the afternoon, it’s well worth the money.

[quote]joeab wrote:
You should try a make an effort to get to the CN Tower. I’m still amazed everytime I go up. Whether you try restaurant or just go for the afternoon, it’s well worth the money.[/quote]

IT COSTS MONEY!?

Ok how much?

[quote]joeab wrote:
You should try a make an effort to get to the CN Tower. I’m still amazed everytime I go up. Whether you try restaurant or just go for the afternoon, it’s well worth the money.[/quote]

NVM Found it.

Thanks again, Ruggerlife! Good stuff.

Anyone know any good blues bars in Toronto?

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
Thanks again, Ruggerlife! Good stuff.

Anyone know any good blues bars in Toronto?
[/quote]

Check out Queen Street West, west of University. A place called Chicago’s Diner, though I admit its been awhile. Toronto is more of a jazz town, as far as venues go, seems to me.

[quote]themonthofjun wrote:
joeab wrote:
You should try a make an effort to get to the CN Tower. I’m still amazed everytime I go up. Whether you try restaurant or just go for the afternoon, it’s well worth the money.

IT COSTS MONEY!?

Ok how much?[/quote]

Yeah!.. thats how we afford the polar bear repellent hahaha…

anyway, I think its about $20, or maybe $12, around there.

I’ll be staying in Brampton. The only gym google returned was Bally’s. Anything else anyone knows of in Brampton?

Edit: Found a Premier Fitness one (but no 1 week free pass), and a GoodLife Fitness

You could check out the science center while you’re in town. It’s pretty neat!

I’m back and I had a great time! Thanks for all the recommendations and tips. I didn’t really do a ton of sightseeing and I feel like there’s a lot of stuff I missed, but I did relax quite a bit, eat some good food and drink quite a bit more than usual.

The hotel gym was small, but had a power rack, so it was great. Honestly, I was sadly surprised not to see a single other person use it the 4 days I was in the gym. The cardio equipment got a lot of use, but the rack and all the freeweights not so much…

Harbor 60 Steakhouse - formal & expensive, really great meal
Fred’s Not Here - funky & delicious
The Irish Embassy - good fish & chips
Philthy McNasty’s - had to go there just because of the name, decent sports bar & pub food

There’s a little gyro shack right next to the hotel that is actually quite yummy.

Hockey Hall of Fame - I really enjoyed that. Our group had the entire place to ourselves and I beat all the guys at one of the scoring games, much to their chagrin

King St & Queen St - walked and window shopped, lots of fun, funky stores.

Lots of relaxing at the pool & jacuzzi and enjoying the novelty of being kid-free. I missed my boys so much by Thursday, I couldn’t wait to get home to see them.

Thanks again!

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I’m back and I had a great time!
[/quote]

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Hopefully you’ll be back sometime.

If you’re coming back with or without the kids let us know, we’ll see what we can recommend.

Don’t forget to stop by Montreal! It’s a smaller city but a lot more fun.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I’m back and I had a great time! Thanks for all the recommendations and tips. I didn’t really do a ton of sightseeing and I feel like there’s a lot of stuff I missed, but I did relax quite a bit, eat some good food and drink quite a bit more than usual.

The hotel gym was small, but had a power rack, so it was great. Honestly, I was sadly surprised not to see a single other person use it the 4 days I was in the gym. The cardio equipment got a lot of use, but the rack and all the freeweights not so much…

Harbor 60 Steakhouse - formal & expensive, really great meal
Fred’s Not Here - funky & delicious
The Irish Embassy - good fish & chips
Philthy McNasty’s - had to go there just because of the name, decent sports bar & pub food

There’s a little gyro shack right next to the hotel that is actually quite yummy.

Hockey Hall of Fame - I really enjoyed that. Our group had the entire place to ourselves and I beat all the guys at one of the scoring games, much to their chagrin

King St & Queen St - walked and window shopped, lots of fun, funky stores.

Lots of relaxing at the pool & jacuzzi and enjoying the novelty of being kid-free. I missed my boys so much by Thursday, I couldn’t wait to get home to see them.

Thanks again!

[/quote]

Oups…nevermind!