T Nation

Visited my Sixth Endo. Still Have Doubts

If you come up to Ohio state Perhaps we will run into each other… :slight_smile:

That would be cool. I am an hour from Columbus. Would love to get someone to look at my test results and get some advice in the direction I should go.

Do you have recent labs you can post

This was done March 2018

TSH- 2.795 (0.340-5.600 mcIU/mL)

Testosterone Total – 522 (300-890 ng/dL)
Testosterone Free – 81 (47-244 pg/mL)
Testosterone Percent Free - 1.5 (1.6-2.9%)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - 47 (11-80 nmol/L)

Prob not not considered low but in 2015 - my total Testosterone was 617.
Definitely heading in the wrong direction.

TSH really tells you nothing about thyroid hormones, you can’t diagnose the thyroid without testing for free thyroid hormones, mainly Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3 and antibodies which could indicate an autoimmune disease.

Total T is underwhelming and is way below average for healthy men in their 20’s, these are the levels of an older healthy man in his 60’s. SHBG is worsening the situation as only 1.69 % of your free T is bioavailable, 2-3% is considered normal.

SHBG is inflating T status when in actuality is much worse than it looks. It will only get worse as you age, this is the consequence living in a world filled with chemicals and toxins.

I guess i didnt mention , i am 46 ( still very athletic and lift weights -still trying to push heavy weighty as well) but i still feel that is below average. I mentioned to my Doc about my free test being so low- he said that didnt mean anything. I told him that is not what I have read or understand. Wasnt real happy at that point. Trying to figure out what to do.
Thanks for you reply.

Actually free test testosterone is the only thing that matters, total testosterone is in a bound state and is unavailable to your body. If I had a doctors tell me what you just told me, I would walk out on this doctor. Look it’s obvious he’s making excuses because he doesn’t want to give you TRT, it has to do with the stigmata surrounding TRT.

He wouldn’t know the first thing about a proper TRT protocol, he has done you a favor. Move on. Insurance is useless for TRT as you by now already know, you need to find an anti-aging doctor.

You might try Defy Medical.

Basically my same thoughts. Hoping to find a Doc somewhere in Ohio to go to. Thanks again.

Dr. Rob A. Kominiarek in Ohio, he’s very knowledgeable in male hormones.

I will check it out. Thank you!

Any recommendations for a good TRT doc in North East Ohio?

physioLojik - what are your thoughts on my test results. That is all that was tested by my Doctor.
This was done March 2018

TSH- 2.795 (0.340-5.600 mcIU/mL)

Testosterone Total – 522 (300-890 ng/dL)
Testosterone Free – 81 (47-244 pg/mL)
Testosterone Percent Free - 1.5 (1.6-2.9%)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - 47 (11-80 nmol/L)

Prob not not considered low but in 2015 - my total Testosterone was 617.
Definitely heading in the wrong direction.

TSH only tells me you doctor doesn’t value actual thyroid hormone testing, no Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3 or antibodies. Free T isn’t even close, Free T is 8.82 ng/dL = 1.69 % and within 2-3% is considered normal. Most men have trouble below 10 ng/dL, SHBG is binding up your free T.

You doctor isn’t going to be able to help you if he believes in TSH only testing, thyroid is even more complex than TRT and it’s clear it’s too complicated for him. This doctor can’t help you, if he could you wouldn’t be here.

but be honest system, there are little doctors who actually does a full panel of thyroid

The reason is poor knowledge and the the quality of insurance, doctors know that insurance companies complain about extensive testing and doctors can get in trouble. Since I started paying out of pocket, doctors have been more than happy to comply.

You have a broken leg or are sick, insurance is very useful. However you have hormone troubles, well a completely different story.