Vision Quest

[quote]Mr. Push Ups wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
This dude is soooo Matt Furey.

Who is Matt Furey?

Thats like the 3rd time Ive been accused of being that guy. Was he some crazy nutt like me and got banned or something?

I’m lost.
Who is that?[/quote]

Matt Furey is a big-time bodyweight exercise guru who is convinced that to get in amazing shape (in claims filled with more hyperbole than most can handle) all you need are a few bodyweight exercises, like hindu push-ups and some kind of bodyweight squat thing. I don’t think he has ever been on this site.

There are only 2 vices you ever need to avoid. Jealousy & Ignorance. And alot of members on this site seem to have both.

Is this an anti-terrorist network and I missed the memo.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
This dude is soooo Matt Furey.

Who is Matt Furey?

Thats like the 3rd time Ive been accused of being that guy. Was he some crazy nutt like me and got banned or something?

I’m lost.
Who is that?

Matt Furey is a big-time bodyweight exercise guru who is convinced that to get in amazing shape (in claims filled with more hyperbole than most can handle) all you need are a few bodyweight exercises, like hindu push-ups and some kind of bodyweight squat thing. I don’t think he has ever been on this site.[/quote]

depends on your genetics???
Huge factor

I can get mi biceps to grow using a 15 lb weight, better than almost anyone could using a heavier weight because of genetics. The opposite for my thighs. I have Arnold disease. Easy Bi’s and Hard Thighs.

thats the problem with sites like these

there are people who think they know every little thing, and they miss the whole picture

i can find a guy that will only benefit from bodyweight movements. and i can find another that will only bebefit from machines, or barbell type exercises. most people need a combo.

I myself only need the bodyweight up to a point. Meaning now.
To start I needed the strength. I used only non-bodyweight for over 10 years.

last 10 have been a mix
but i could get by with just bodyweight.
i have 175lbs at 5% bodyfat of muscle. i already built 40lbs of muscle.

The point is this:

You can make claims or judgements and less they’re on yourself.

Everybody is different.

Personally.
This is all I need

All Push Up Variations
Bar & Bench Dip
Pistol Squat & Reverse Hypers
Chin Up & Pull Up
Sit Up & Crunch

All without weight.

When you have to lift 100’s of lbs weighing down on your shoulders that could make you faint and pass out at any time; which by the way oyu will probably be crushed by the barbell. It makes for a pretty intense exercise.

Pull ups, not so scary…you just drop to the floor.
Deadlifts, not so scary…you just drop the weight on the floor.

Squats…hahaha “the ultimate heavy bodyweight exercise”

[/quote]

Bench Press, drop the weight and it crushes your chest or throat. Did you see Gene Rychlak?

Squat, use a fucking Power Rack.

I love squatting. But I don’t think it’s as hardcore or dangerous as you represent.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

Bodyweight= using just your body

Adding external loads no longer makes it a bodyweight exercise.

You’re not insane, just a little nuts :smiley:

[/quote]

WRONG!

it would help if you got your head out of your ass and used your brain do think with.

“bodyweight exercise” means moving your bodyweight in the movement (body thru space movements) Less damaging CNS movements
(all can have weight added to them)
Morons like you don’t realize what exercise this is because of the name someone gave it.

You’re performing weighted bodyweight exercises
1- push ups
2- dips
3- squats
4- glute/ham raises
5- lunges
6- sit ups
…etc…etc…

non-bodyweight exercises include
1-Bench presses
2-leg press
3-deadlift
…etc…etc…

“Ignorance is your own slavery”

So, if I were to design a workout and said you’ll only be doing bodyweight exercises, would you automatically think, cool I need no equipment, or would you think, do I need any weights???

j

1- push ups
2- dips
3- squats
4- glute/ham raises
5- lunges
6- sit ups
…etc…etc…

n"[/quote]

so, which is it, bodyweight exercises, or weighted bodyweight exercises, LOL

I hear every tool needs a box. Should make this your avatar.

[quote]m_mackenz wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:

When you have to lift 100’s of lbs weighing down on your shoulders that could make you faint and pass out at any time; which by the way oyu will probably be crushed by the barbell. It makes for a pretty intense exercise.

Pull ups, not so scary…you just drop to the floor.
Deadlifts, not so scary…you just drop the weight on the floor.

Squats…hahaha “the ultimate heavy bodyweight exercise”

Bench Press, drop the weight and it crushes your chest or throat. Did you see Gene Rychlak?

Squat, use a fucking Power Rack.

I love squatting. But I don’t think it’s as hardcore or dangerous as you represent.[/quote]

Horseshit!

Bench press get the “F” outta here
i can max around 350, ive been stuck i dont know how many times with over 300 on my chest, i’ve rolled that fucker right off me like it was nuthin.

I also squat about the same and if i get stuck under that i’m fucked…all kinda shit can go wrong…i could break my back, i already blew my lower back out twice. passed out a million times.

is this the bench press website or something

get the fuck outta here with gay ass bench press

i started benching when i was 8, you aint foolin nobody. ive been doing it 20 years.
you wanna compare a bench to a squat get real

here we go again
round 2
i’m ready
by the way in case you didnt catch my last episode
i said fuck the bench press
a weighted squat is superior to it

bring it

find me the lifters with over 10 years experience

not the website naysaying veterans

For someone who thinks he’s here to teach everybody a thing or two, you realy just come off as an ignorant moron. There are so many holes in so many of your statements that I find it hard to believe you even work out.

You realy need to post some pics to back up all of this mouth you have. Anything less at this point and it will just be obvious that you are just another doofus that thinks a lot of things, but never actualy does any of them.

Also, you never did let me know where your gym was that you train people at. I’d love to see the results of some of this “training”.

m_mackenz wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:

W

get the fuck outta here with gay ass bench press

i started benching when i was 8, you aint foolin nobody. ive been doing it 20 years.
you wanna compare a bench to a squat get real

here we go again
round 2
i’m ready
by the way in case you didnt catch my last episode
i said fuck the bench press
a weighted squat is superior to it

not the website naysaying veterans
[/quote]

You’re ignorance is actually starting to piss me off, which is sad.
It can be fun sometimes, but the shit you spew.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Also, you never did let me know where your gym was that you train people at.
[/quote]

He trains people? Dear lord

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:
j

1- push ups
2- dips
3- squats
4- glute/ham raises
5- lunges
6- sit ups
…etc…etc…

n"

so, which is it, bodyweight exercises, or weighted bodyweight exercises, LOL[/quote]

they’re all the same

when i say squat
you assume i have a barbell added right
how come when i say push up, you don’t assume the same thing

all are either weighted or non-weighted

labels are a horrible thing, it confuses everybody

liberals, conservatives…there is no such thing
democrats, republicans…there are only 535 of those…the rest of you are not

shell shock
battle fatigue
post traumatic stress disorder

all the above are the same name given to your condition and mental damage from ww1 til now for this…

getting grenades and bombs blasted off by you and leaving some of your fellow soldiers guts all over your uniform

Also, I wanted to convey the importance of both muscular strength & muscular endurance. Your gonna need both if you wanna chase down a jaquar and kill it with your bare hands.
[/quote]

what’s a jaquar? is it anything like a bbq pork sandwich? cause man, I’m could really go for one of those right now…

when i say squat
you assume i have a barbell added right
[/quote]

actually, no

[quote]DPH wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:
Also, I wanted to convey the importance of both muscular strength & muscular endurance. Your gonna need both if you wanna chase down a jaquar and kill it with your bare hands.

what’s a jaquar? is it anything like a bbq pork sandwich? cause man, I’m could really go for one of those right now…[/quote]

You actually look like you could kill one.

I dont even know if they’re edible. probably not good eating anyway. unless you like chinese.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
For someone who thinks he’s here to teach everybody a thing or two, you realy just come off as an ignorant moron. There are so many holes in so many of your statements that I find it hard to believe you even work out.

You realy need to post some pics to back up all of this mouth you have. Anything less at this point and it will just be obvious that you are just another doofus that thinks a lot of things, but never actualy does any of them.

Also, you never did let me know where your gym was that you train people at. I’d love to see the results of some of this “training”.
[/quote]

Well tomorrow when i get off work, i’ll show you personaly what 175lbs of muscle looks like at 5% bodyweight
you wanna see what push ups does to a chest. you can see mine tomorrow. i know exactly where your at. name the gym. i’ll be there.

put up or shut up brother.

everything i say is for me.
i dont give a flying fuck who believes me.
i’m telling you what i know
you fucking ignorant fools wanna listen to what others tell you instead of finding out for yourself, fine by me

i like to see first hand
how close are you to the south hills mall?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

I’m a carpenter. who the fuck said i was a trainer? You?

I wouldn’t train people if you paid me.
When i’m in a gym, i’m lifting.

5% bodyweight

i typed 5% bodyfat, i don’t know whats going on with these replies

Mr. Push Ups wrote:

5% bodyweight

i typed 5% bodyfat, i don’t know whats going on with these replies
[/quote]

apparently, your fingers don’t move at the speed of your mighty brain