Viscious Bag Work

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

Kicking a banana tree in half:

- YouTube [/quote]

I want to be able to do that.

Dude’s amazing. His kicks are so unbelievably brutal. Love seeing him fight.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

Kicking a banana tree in half:

I want to be able to do that.
[/quote]

Its impressive but well within the moral realm. About 2-3 months of shin training and you are on your road to kicking through stuff like that, assuming you know how to kick all ready.

LOL, beautiful knees and elbows.

A true Nak Muay.

That buakaw is a bad man fo’sho.

Weird to think that you could basically go to thailand for a few months/weeks. Head up to his gym at pramuk and be training alongside him.

I think i’ve figured Mr Realworlds problem. Nobody gives his Hair it’s due respect.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
oh shit its on right now. lol

how WRONG do u have to hit a bag to tear your knuckles

outs himself too[/quote]

I have been very very wrong then

my knuckles have been tore up alot

Yeah, how are you supposed to punch barefisted/wrapped without tearing your knuckles up? Serious question here.

My fists do not slide when they hit the bag, and they come in straight, nor does my wrist break. But it really doesn’t matter with rough canvas bags. After going for a while I’ll inevitably start to bleed from somewhere. Not quickly, but eventually the bleeding starts.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
facko who’s homie in ur avatar?[/quote]

I havent checked this thread in a while…my bad…The masterpiece from WWE.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Yeah, how are you supposed to punch barefisted/wrapped without tearing your knuckles up? Serious question here.

My fists do not slide when they hit the bag, and they come in straight, nor does my wrist break. But it really doesn’t matter with rough canvas bags. After going for a while I’ll inevitably start to bleed from somewhere. Not quickly, but eventually the bleeding starts.[/quote]

Try lotion. If your skin is hydrated it will break open less.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

My fists do not slide when they hit the bag, and they come in straight, nor does my wrist break. But it really doesn’t matter with rough canvas bags. After going for a while I’ll inevitably start to bleed from somewhere. Not quickly, but eventually the bleeding starts.

Try lotion. If your skin is hydrated it will break open less. [/quote]

lol. I suppose so…

That guy is teh beastz!

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

My fists do not slide when they hit the bag, and they come in straight, nor does my wrist break. But it really doesn’t matter with rough canvas bags. After going for a while I’ll inevitably start to bleed from somewhere. Not quickly, but eventually the bleeding starts.[/quote]

Hit directly the bag. What most people do is use a circular form of punching. Think haymaker.
Also, they incorrectly punch using the middle, ring and pinky knuckles. The only thing that should connect during a punch (linear) is the first two large knuckles. The way your hand is positioned will allow the energy to disapate and also it “locks” the wrist. This reduces sliding. When i started out i usually got bloody knuckles during bag training. However now i can go for quite a few minutes up until the point where i make a mistake in my punching technique and my hand grazes sideways a bit.

It’s all about punching directly at the bag.
Think of if you were fencing and you wanted to stab someone. You wouldnt slice, but rather, you’d stick out straight.
Use this idea when punching bags.

edit: It helps if you try to hit with the inside of your middle finger’s knuckle.

In all seriousness, there’s no reason to do what this dumbfuck did. It can bust your hands up pretty bad- that’s why we’ve got “gloves” and “hand wraps”.

If you condition the skin long enough, you won’t get bloody knuckles- and as what’s his nuts above me said, if you’re turning your fist and catching the end of the bag like this cock is then you’re going to be bleeding. If you’re hitting it dead on, (obviously with the exception of an uppercut) your skin shouldn’t break if you’re used to it.

It’s a big thing in Okinawan karate to punch a makirawa constantly to toughen the skin and the condition the hands. If that doesn’t kill you, a heavy bag certainly won’t.

Also, the bag should never spin like that bag is doing- that means all your punching power is on the sides, and you’re missing terribly.

Whatever, I hope that cockmonkey got a concussion from that shit.

Yeah, check on all the technique. I’m hitting in the center.

I did used to toughen my forearms and legs. Never did the hands though. But I’ll probably pick that up eventually. I like the idea of conditioning the hands/bones/skin a lot. That’s probably the reason I typically barehand or wrap and then hit. That and the fact it’s usually done after a training session so I don’t get to go home and grab gear :).