Visceral Fat & Water Retention

Has anyone been able to deal with these problems when NOT on a “cut”?

I have bulked up from 179-195 and about 3 weeks ago switched over to a carb-cycling diet in order to slow down any gains in fat. Mainly because I measured a 2.5" increase in my waist size in the last month. Apparently my carb intake was a bit out of control.

I have two VERY low carb days where I only eat 50g of carbs, and 1/2 of that is from whole milk at 5am in the morning (sugar carbs and burnt off easy) and some of the rest coming from almonds and apples.

On these low days, I have even started taking MHP “Xpel” diuretics to get all the water weight off me.

And I’ve beentaking 1.5G of ECGC a day too.

I know more time on my carb cycling will help. As well as doing some cardio (of which I’ve been doing none). Just wanted to toss it out there to hear peoples thoughts, opinions, ideas and critizisims on this topic…

The waist size increase can definitly be from water retention, not entirely though. When Im eating for size, I retain a lot of water and get bloated very quickly, this makes all my jeans fit tightly. By dropping carbs and/or higher sodium foods you can shed the water in 2-3 days without any help from diuretics. 2.5" increase however, has to do with fat gain as well. I think CT has said every inch added to the waist is about 4 lbs of fat added to the body.

[quote]elusive wrote:
The waist size increase can definitly be from water retention, not entirely though. When Im eating for size, I retain a lot of water and get bloated very quickly, this makes all my jeans fit tightly. By dropping carbs and/or higher sodium foods you can shed the water in 2-3 days without any help from diuretics. 2.5" increase however, has to do with fat gain as well. I think CT has said every inch added to the waist is about 4 lbs of fat added to the body.[/quote]

Lets not forget the simple increase in food volume.

[quote]elusive wrote:
The waist size increase can definitly be from water retention, not entirely though. When Im eating for size, I retain a lot of water and get bloated very quickly, this makes all my jeans fit tightly. By dropping carbs and/or higher sodium foods you can shed the water in 2-3 days without any help from diuretics.[/quote]

This has been my recent experience. I decided that October was going to be ‘just eat’ month (albeit with increased volume/frequency at the gym).

The bloat is really the worst. I find that when I cut the starchy carbs (esp. those with high sodium) the bloat goes down within the week. Pizza, fish sticks, bread, and chinese food are my worst culprits.

The gains in size and strength (ie moving more weight at the gym) are quite addictive, though.

I’m with ya Steely, my weight only went up a few pounds…but my lifts have gone through the roof.