Visalus

My wife has recently started looking into Visalus shakes and came to me for my opinion. The cost for just the shakes (2 per day, everyday) is a minimum $100 for one month and that’s assuming you can get by on just the 2 packets a day.

I told her that typically you want to avoid soy, and barring that it appeared to be overpriced protein powder with BS marketing. Then her marketer sent her a video where a “personal trainer” stated all the wonderful magic this stuff works. I tried to explain to my wife that this trainer was wrong on a few occasions (stating that all protein powders have 10 to 15 times the amount of sugar, that their product will build muscle and burn fat at the same time) but my wife is still skeptical.

Does anyone else have information for or against this product? She is being snared in by their marketing. I told her she could get higher quality Whey protein at 2/3 the cost. Feel like bashing my head into the wall.

According to Wikipedia, Visalus is a multi level marketing company. So, they are not a supplement company and are trying to sell snake oil.

Modified V-Diet would be a MUCH better approach, considering it was formulated by top-level strength coaches and not a marketing company.

Not sure if this was very helpful, but my 2 cents.

I’ve had friends get sucked in with crap like this before. It’s usually a waste of time, no matter how nicely you make your points. Damn shame how some people take advantage of people’s need for a magic solution to their dietary problems.

S

My suggestion to her has been to use the Velocity Diet concept in replacing a couple meals with high quality protein shakes and eating one well rounded meal for dinner. I am in luck though, the two of us discussed it more last night and I shared the replies in this post which echoed what I had already been telling her in addition to finding additional supporting information.

She decided not to go with Visalus and we spent a good deal of time looking at the V-Diet page and forming a plan. Thank you for your support.

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
…we spent a good deal of time looking at the V-Diet page and forming a plan. Thank you for your support.[/quote]
I think people are drawn to the idea of serving sized packets. You could achieve a much higher quality product combining the principles they are claiming to touch on using companies you know.

Example:
1 scoop low carb Metabolic Drive
1 tsp metamucil Clear and Natural
1 Scoop Superfood
1 capsule pro/prebiotic

***Combine all ingredients into plastic baggies and your good to go for the week.

Note: Superfood may contain fiber and a digestive aid but I didn’t research it. If it does that would make things even simpler for you.

The shakes are essentially just an average to below average protein drink. The kind of stuff you’ll generally find at the grocery store, or the cheaper stuff at a GNC. They’re not the worst thing in the world for most people, IMO. I certainly think there are better options out there (Biotest products obvi), and the same option for less money as well. The sales end is where it’s at, I’ve got a friend who makes her entire living promoting/selling the Visalus stuff. You just have to be willing to alienate a bunch of friends who will think you’re entirely annoying. :slight_smile:

Plus, you can win a BMW if you sell enough of it, or sucker enough people into selling it under you. Pyramid scheme!

[quote]Wolfpacker27 wrote:
Plus, you can win a BMW if you sell enough of it, or sucker enough people into selling it under you. Pyramid scheme![/quote]

that’s actually false. my friend has the bmw, the payments are just taken out of what she is making every month.

tell her to run as far away from it as possible. i was a top earner in that company for 18 months until i realized how horrible the product is.

i hope you get this link…not trying to promote anything but this is just a little bit of what’s happening. womencandoanything.com/side-effects-from-visalus-the-truth-from-an-ex-three-star-ambassador/

[quote]tracyselena wrote:
tell her to run as far away from it as possible. i was a top earner in that company for 18 months until i realized how horrible the product is.

i hope you get this link…not trying to promote anything but this is just a little bit of what’s happening. womencandoanything.com/side-effects-from-visalus-the-truth-from-an-ex-three-star-ambassador/[/quote]

Did you find this post via Google and register just to link your article?

I highly doubt Sucralose was the cause of any of your problems.

Sounds like herbalife