225x15 murder me

Sled Push (yoke)
230x110ft
230x110ft
230x110ft
230x110ft
230x110ft

4 mile walk with 50lbs of added weight.

Thanks man. I am pretty certain that I can use less weight than in a traditional press. Probably because I am not familiar with the lift yet or, more likely, because I am not really using a jerk but more of a push press.
Since it wouldn’t serve me as an overload, I guess it isn’t worth investinng a lot of time in.

8/15/18 - bw 224, tested waters very cautiously. Although I was insanely sore in the lower body from squats, i’m still not happy with the strength but I have no choice to accept this is how strong my deadlift is currently.

Close Stance Sumo Deads (all sets hook grip)
135x3,3,3
225x3,3,3
315x3
belt on
405x3
500x1 slow
500x2
500x3 Overly tight belts on deadlifts seem to be extremely dangerous for me. It puts me out of position. I loosened it on the last rep a great deal, and it made the rep easier.

GM’s (slow tempo and pausing at the bottom)
95x20
95x20
95x20
95x20

50lb weighted pull ups
x8
x10
x10
x8
AMRAP just bodyweight x18

You can normally behind the neck jerk a lot more than you can jerk if you have your shit together (or your shit messed up depending on what your technique issues are). Sometimes you are weaker on it if you have bad jerk habits (like jerking the weight backwards or leaning forward) @Koestrizer

We (weightlifters) use it for cueing the right position, overload, and giving the front rack a break, and for variety. Doing powers behind the neck also emphasize the “driving hard as fuck” part of powers while making the lift simpler.

I wear my belt for deadlifts a notch looser than I do for squats and find that it’s more comfortable and stronger for me as well…for whatever reason. I started doing it because it was pinching me when trying to get into position, but then I found it to be better overall.

u so skrong.

8/17/18 - bw 221

Push Jerks (axle)
315x4, pretty sad
315x4
315x3, right arm off set by several inches, failed last rep because my pointless right tricep can’t finish out an obviously mechanically compromised position.
315x2 why can’t i do 3, or 4? or 5? can’t I just stubbornly keep trying and my mind will surely make it happen even in spite of my bodies physical limitations?

It’s already difficult to train when I’m peaked, as I just dislike the process, so being this weak and injured, is torture. I just see no point in training if I’m not getting after something.

The weight loss is pretty nice, as I’ve drastically cleaned up my diet since August 1st, however I don’t seem to be losing fat on my stomach, just my face, arms, legs, and…ass? I don’t think I’ve ever not had tons of stomach fat. Maybe I have to drop to like 195-200ish for a full slab of abs. My current weak ass 2 pack is stubborn.

Did some arms with a 45lb bar and just called it.

Lol I often think this. After a bad set where I obviously hit my limitations, I try it again expecting a different outcome. I think I might be insane.

8/20/18 - Bw 220, decided to squat without shoes today, first time doing this in a very long time, and it felt great. Funny to think, I went in this session planning for 3x12 with 275, thinking it was all I had the power for. Ha…oh Vinny…

Front Squats (no oly shoes, flat footed!!)
135x3,3,3
225x3,3,3
275x1
365x8
365x8
375x8 PR for overall volume, worked myself up to almost tears after this set. I will always call the shots, no matter how shitty things get for me. Go away, adversity.

Ab Pulldown
x15
x15
x12
x12

Lying Leg Raise
x15
x15
x15
x15

So, not for the sake of getting overly sentimental and trying to elicit pity, as I’ve never been one to share my personal life to those on the interwebz, but in mid-2017 I went through an extrrrrrrrrremely rough break up with someone I considered a “soulmate” (naive). We remained in touch since then, up until about 3 months ago when I cut off all contact with her abruptly, on a whim, as my anxiety and heartbreak began to severely affect my life in all aspects. My best friend of 10 years also changed drastically as a person, and began using drugs, changing his entire personality among branching out to a new crowd (druggies, ravers, etc.). He had promised (years in advance) he’d be there for me at nationals, as he came to all my shows, but he bailed out last minute, and didn’t even give me a reason, just a “something came up bro”. I’m like “eh, whatever”, except he never contacted me after. This all happened in a big clusterfuck, mid-late last year.

I suppose while this isn’t akin to losing a loved one, or losing a limb, it hit me particularly hard as I trusted him, and her, implicitly. We had each others backs through SO much shit. I dunno. I’m not perfect, either. Just fucking blows when you’re not a very social person, and the ones you’ve managed to share a bond with go away.

Sorry for the sob story T-nation! At least my spine hasn’t left yet, though. He’s honestly been there through so much. How the fuck has it allowed me to get this much stronger?

ps I think I can front squat 500lbs. I’m so afraid to go for it though, the failure would make me lose sleep. I have to keep getting rep and volume PR’s until the aforementioned set (s) are so fucking monolithic, that there’s no question 500 or more is there for 1. E.g. 490x3x10. Yeah…then I’ll know for sure…

Im the same way!!! I like to volumize the shit out of things until it gives me not doubt that I can conquer the weight that intimidates me. I shall not miss lifts!!!

Losing a best bud can be just as bad or worse than a lover or family member. Sorry to hear all that man.

Sounds like you have been through a torrid year and I feel for you man. Its good to see you still smashing it in the gym and getting your job done. Well done and hoping 2018 is a great year for you.

Thanks for the words guys. Appreciate it.

8/23/18 - bw 223

DB Row (no straps)
100x25
100x25
100x25 something weird with left arm, couldn’t do more than like two rows at once before dropping. Oddly managed all 25 without putting DB down with right arm. Right arm is weaker arm too…cool.

Weighted Pull Up
+50lbs x8
+50lbs x8 barely, using the 3 inch crossbeam of a yoke for pull ups has never been an issue till I loaded myself up with weight. Hard to hold on. Even still, I think I’m just weak here, grip isn’t an excuse since I’m going thumbless and I can readjust fast to cope.
+40lbs x 7
Drop Set
+30lbs x6
Bw x 6, x 3 nothing left, i’m very weak at pull ups
+50lbs x 8…ish
Drop Set
Bw x 8

GMs
95x30
95x30
95x30

Sorry to hear that Vinny. I am pretty reclusive for the most part too and have a pretty small circle, pretty hard to trust someone and then for someone to betray that trust is freaking heartbreaking. You will get through this man.

8/24/18 - BW 222, definitely leaner, just need to stop making small cheats on my diet randomly throughout the week :wink:

Strict Overhead Press
135x3,3,3
185x1
235x1
275x1
285x2 PR for dead stop on strict, I think
255x5
Going to train strict post-fatigue a bit more, see what that yields.
255x3
255x3 grinder on last, meh
235x5
225x6

Overhead Rack Lockouts
135x10
135x8
185x8
225x3 wow, came right back down on 4th and pinned me :frowning:
185x alot, idk, failure, really annoying.

Curls (yes, hi.)
65x10
65x15
65x15
65x15 mixed a bit of half reps with constant tension and full ROM

Lateral
x15
x15
x15
x10
x10

Band Pull Apart
x15
x15
x15

I feel you one hundred here Vinny. I talk to a few people, but consider only my wife and one of my friends I grew up with actual friends. I honestly consider people on here more of friends than people in real life which is kind of sad considering. You’re a strong morherfucker Inside and out brother and i know you’ll get through this. Keep your head up.

Thanks, really means a lot. Glad to have you in my corner, as well as all who stop by my log from time to time.

It is true that we are a bunch of random people on the internet only connected by our passion/ hobby but I am sure I speak for all people in this log when I say we do care about you and want you to be happy, so don’t worry about sharing stuff to those on the interwebz.

Dont diminish/ down play your problems mate. This is something I have done in the past to try and dejustify being upset, sad or downright upset, resulting in not allowing me to deal with it. Didn’t work out and makes no sense if you think about it.

I am sorry that you had to go through this. I have recently ‘lost’ a very good friend as well that I have been there for through a lot of shit and who has been there for me likewise. It sucks.

I hope you do realize the good here though. You don’t need people in your life that let you down like this.
Also a good move to shut down contact with your ex instead of letting yourself suffer for nothing.

You will get by and things will improve. It may not always seem like it but they will eventually.

8/28/18 - bw 222, frustrating day, everything feels wrong.

Front Squat
135x3,3,3
225x3,4,4 weird nervy sensation in my lower back at the bottom of the squat that never existed before

Log Clean and Press (empty log)
x3,3 barefoot, felt good
added oly shoes and i was getting knocked around, no stability. Makes me question the effectiveness of oly shoes for me.
oly shoes off
160x3
230x3
250x3
280x0, okay, never felt anything heavier on my chest, honest to god
280x1, stupid, lame, boring

Disappointed in my log strength but oh well.

8/30/18 - bw 219 woah, under 220, hi.

Deadlifts (close stance sumo)
135x3,3,3
225x3,3
315x3
405x3
500x4 double over no hook
500x5 double over, no hook
405x10 easy, no problem, just shutting it down for the sake of my back

Single Leg GM’s
95x15
95x15
95x20
95x20
135x15

Pull Ups
bw x 10
+50lbs x 12
+50lbs x 8
+50lbs x 7
drop set
Bw x 8

@Koestrizer Yeah…you’re right. I know it’ll take time. Part of it is internal issues I need to sort out myself. Lingering anxieties and PTSD riding around the back roads of my mind. Sucks.

Really appreciate you taking the time to write all that. I know you struggle with some stuff yourself, and it’s definitely assuring to know some of us have a lot going on as well in our heads.