Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Kane would’ve been ideal. The guy is 6’11" 400 lbs, solid ripped. Accentuate his physique with some latex and you have a believable (on screen) 6’10" 900 lb freak.[/quote]

Are you referring to Kane the professional wrestler?

If he’s 400 pounds then I’m 350. Have you seen him in real life? I have, and I’d say he’s closer to 6’8, 290lbs, and not solid ripped.

However, if you’re referring to some other Kane who’s falsely rumored to be 7 feet tall, I don’t know who it is…

What’s up with him walking around without his helmet on? I thought Juggernaut’s helmet was the source of all his powers and basically unremovable? I don’t think he was even a mutant.

Feel free to correct me. My extent of X-men knowledge is derived from a cartoon and a few comic books about 15 years ago. :wink:

Kane is also a good choice.

OJ Simpson as a killer not believable? Hm. Terminator hurt Ahnold’s carreer? I think Conan did more damage.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Have him put on some more weight then accentuate that with a LITTLE latex.

I think what I focus in on more is that they had to use latex…to make him still look too small for the part. That doesn’t speak too highly about this guy’s physical development. When they got Michael Jai White to play Spawn, he actually fit into the suit and made it look bigger. It is almost like they are doing this on purpose. Are muscles in Hollywood now a bad thing?[/quote]

Yeah, but Michael Jai White–while looking good–was an absolutely dreadul actor.

Warren Branch could have played Juggernaut

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Have him put on some more weight then accentuate that with a LITTLE latex.

I think what I focus in on more is that they had to use latex…to make him still look too small for the part. That doesn’t speak too highly about this guy’s physical development. When they got Michael Jai White to play Spawn, he actually fit into the suit and made it look bigger. It is almost like they are doing this on purpose. Are muscles in Hollywood now a bad thing?

Yeah, but Michael Jai White–while looking good–was an absolutely dreadul actor.
[/quote]

True. I didn’t expect that performance to win any awards.

Art Atwood could have played Juggernaut.

[quote]Leafblighter wrote:
What’s up with him walking around without his helmet on? I thought Juggernaut’s helmet was the source of all his powers and basically unremovable? I don’t think he was even a mutant.

Feel free to correct me. My extent of X-men knowledge is derived from a cartoon and a few comic books about 15 years ago. ;)[/quote]

Oh boy, Here I go threatening Xen Nova’s Supreme geekness! Juggernaut is a mutant. He wears a metal helmet to keep his brother (Professor X) out of his mind. The prof keeps him calm and non threatening, something he doesn’t particluarly enjoy. The fact that nothing can stop the Juggernaut makes him a mutant. That is, unless he calms down.

Warren Branch could have played Juggernaut[/quote]

yup!

Warren Branch could have played Juggernaut[/quote]

He’d of been a great choice (if he can act).

[quote]kroby wrote:
Leafblighter wrote:

Feel free to correct me. My extent of X-men knowledge is derived from a cartoon and a few comic books about 15 years ago. :wink:

Oh boy, Here I go threatening Xen Nova’s Supreme geekness! Juggernaut is a mutant. He wears a metal helmet to keep his brother (Professor X) out of his mind. The prof keeps him calm and non threatening, something he doesn’t particluarly enjoy. The fact that nothing can stop the Juggernaut makes him a mutant. That is, unless he calms down.[/quote]

The Juggernaut is going to be portrayed as a mutant in the movie, but that was never his origon. His powers are mystical.

And, the helmet was only intended to protect his mind from Prof X. He didn’t wear it originally.

This whole thread has just about gotten me to bust out my old Marvel Superheroes game and do some RPG’in!

It’s probably a shot of him between takes, would explain the no helmet.

I doubt that professional body builders are even on the radar of hollywood casting directors. They audition and cast ACTORS. Vinnie Jones is an ACTOR.
As they are using latex anyway why does it matter a shit what build the actor underneath has?

The reason they don’t need to cast someone who matches or even comes close to the physiques in comic books is because the general public don’t give a shit - they cast Kelsey Grammer as Beast for fucks sake, not for his build, for his acting ability and for his voice.

Funny. I thought that was Nathan Jones the big Australian that Brad Pitt kills at the beginning of “Troy” and not cult English footballer Vinnie Jones. (I don’t remember ol’ Vinnie suddenly bulking up by 100 lbs. for the part.)

Nathan Jones used to be a professional armwrestler/ strongman if I’m not mistaken - and he’s famous as the guy who got his arm broken by Jouka Ahola (or one of those ridiculously diesel Scandinavian strongmen)in an armwrestling competition.

Anyway, if it were up to me, I’d cast Brock Lesnar as the Juggernaut. That dude looks like the Juggernaut, even has the freaky trap development. He’d be awesome.

Oh yeah, Juggernaut is not a mutant - he got his powers from some mystical red ruby he found in a cave in India if I’m not mistaken (they break down his origin in Uncanny X-Men #13 - yeah, he’s been around for awhile) and he’s Xavier’s half-brother. Oh yeah, he really, really hates Prof. X.

Movies depend on special effects like CGI, latex, etc…

Why would someone cast a guy that is big and can’t act when they could cast someone that can act and just “give them muscles” by using special effects.

If Spawn were played by a good actor instead of Michal Jai White, the movie would probably have made more money.

Movies are made to make money, so roles should be cast based on what is likely to make more money.

The average moviegoer couldn’t care less if an actor really has muscles or not. They just want to see a good movie.

[quote]DT20 wrote:
Movies depend on special effects like CGI, latex, etc…

Why would someone cast a guy that is big and can’t act when they could cast someone that can act and just “give them muscles” by using special effects.

If Spawn were played by a good actor instead of Michal Jai White, the movie would probably have made more money.

Movies are made to make money, so roles should be cast based on what is likely to make more money.

The average moviegoer couldn’t care less if an actor really has muscles or not. They just want to see a good movie.

[/quote]

Arnold Schwarzenegger can’t act.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Funny. I thought that was Nathan Jones the big Australian that Brad Pitt kills at the beginning of “Troy” and not cult English footballer Vinnie Jones. (I don’t remember ol’ Vinnie suddenly bulking up by 100 lbs. for the part.) [/quote]

It’s definatley Vinnie Jones in that picture.

Nathan Jones looked like a f’ing monster at the start of Troy!!

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
and he’s famous as the guy who got his arm broken by Jouka Ahola (or one of those ridiculously diesel Scandinavian strongmen)in an armwrestling competition.

[/quote]

Magnus Samuelsson

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Funny. I thought that was Nathan Jones the big Australian that Brad Pitt kills at the beginning of “Troy” and not cult English footballer Vinnie Jones. (I don’t remember ol’ Vinnie suddenly bulking up by 100 lbs. for the part.)

Nathan Jones used to be a professional armwrestler/ strongman if I’m not mistaken - and he’s famous as the guy who got his arm broken by Jouka Ahola (or one of those ridiculously diesel Scandinavian strongmen)in an armwrestling competition.

[/quote]
magnus samuelsson bust his arm.

Heck, Jesse Marunde, Mariusz Pudzianowski, or 80% of the competitors of the World’s Strongest Man Comp. could play it.

I am dumbfounded that they can’t find even one pro, semi-pro or amateur bodybuilder for that part who actually has enough acting skills to be convincing. It is a little ridiculous when the largest characters in comics are assigned much smaller actors to fill the part. Spiderman can get away with it, but a skinny Superman? Juggernaut is a freak like the Hulk. Well, he used to be. [/quote]

He played pro soccer (aka football in the rest of the world. aka Ballerina ball in Texas). So of course he’s a great ACTOR! LOL.

Come on X! A bodybuilder who has the thespian talents of Vinnie Jones. I heard he was playing King Lear on stage in London. Besides Hollywood doesn’t want guys who look like they use steroids (Unless your name is Arnold of course, but we all know he was well within the grace period. It’s kinda like when some guys could play in the NHL without helmets cause when they came into the league it was OK). So what they look for instead is guys who can get into a suit that makes you look like a steroid user like micgheal chiklis in Fantastic 4. The whole thing is too fucking hilarious isn’t it?!

PS I can’t wait till Vinnie is on the cover of M&F so we can hear all about how he trained for the part. I don’t know about you X but my training stops till i hear how Vinnie does it.