T Nation

Vince Gironda Nutrition

I was wondering if anyone can post some info for learning about Vince’s methods for nutrition. I know he used something similar to the Anabolic Diet and I wanted to see how his diet plans were structured. Thanks in advance.

if memory serves correctly , Vince would always start the morning with 12 raw eggs with half and half cream. He’d use the whole egg . I think he’d have this shake two or three times a day. I remember he was big on salads and eating alot of meat. He was a big beleiver in liver tablets. I think he had a high carb meal once every 96 hours

He also recommended some hydrochloric acid (HCL) tablets before meals and digestive enzymes tablets after meals to aid with proper digestion. He also listed things like bile salts tablets, kelp tablets, pituiary and adrenal gland tablets, raw orchic-tissue tablets, RNA-DNA tablets, etc.

I don’t remember ever seeing any of those in a supplements store, but then again, I never went looking for them.

He said that bodybuilding was 85% nutrition. I wonder what recommendations he’d have given had he had access to all our modern supplements.

Do any of you have any links to some articles or any real good information about his methods. I read all of his stuff and I know he has books which i may look into.

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
Do any of you have any links to some articles or any real good information about his methods. I read all of his stuff and I know he has books which i may look into.[/quote]

Check your private messages.

In general, Vince typically rotated his diet depending on what he wanted to do at the time. For instance he would be on a near vegan diet for cleansing, while he would be on an all meat diet for maximum definition. He of course did everything in between as well. The big thing was that he used the right diet for the right goals.

It should also go without saying that he also “rotated” his supplementation as well.

In many ways Vince was WAY ahead of his time both with nutrition and training…

Mufaa