Vigilante Slow Driving in Fast Lane

Lately I set my cruise control at 5 miles over the speed limit and cruise along in the fast lane. I won’t do this on 95 or any other major highway, but my daily commute consists of roads where the speed limit fluctuates between 25 and 40…I know the fast lane is intended for passing only…but with people consistently flying down the road at a hundred miles per hour no matter what lane they’re in…I just kinda started doing this in response one day.

When I’m on 95 or another highway I’ll sit in the slow lane and put the cruise control at 50. This way I never get upset that someone’s going too slow.

I know what I’m doing is kinda edgy…what do you guys (and broads) think? Anyone else taken it upon themselves to slow down the inbred speed freaks out there?

5 MPH OVER? You lousy speeder!
Think about the children!

Seriously? It’s not a lot of trouble to go whipping around you guys on the right.

So you protest against dangerous driving by driving dangerously yourself?

Wow, you’re a smart one.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
So you protest against dangerous driving by driving dangerously yourself?

Wow, you’re a smart one.[/quote]

How is driving the speed limit dangerous?

[quote]sen say wrote:

How is driving the speed limit dangerous? [/quote]

You’re driving slower than many people go in a lane intended for passing?

If you’re not passing or going fast in the FAST LANE, get out of it. What you’re doing could only be problematic.

Inbred speed freaks? Ok grandma, just because you’re uncomfortable and unsure of your driving ability at a faster speed doesn’t mean everyone else is.

If you are annoyed with speeders. Stay in the right lanes and mind your own business. Trying to lecture them with your driving will only lead to frustration and potentially dangerous driving.

If you are clogging up a fast moving lane, you will force the people behind you to move around you on the right. Putting faster moving traffic into a slower lane. This is a dangerous maneuver. People don’t expect it and there is less to be done in the case of something going wrong.

There is a name for you…“left lane bandit.”

Police in some parts of Canada and the US are starting to ticket people for that now, which I think is great. It’s a passing lane. Even when I’m speeding, I’ll use it to pass, then return to my lane, leaving it open for others who want to pass, or in case an emergency vehicle needs it.

Speed safely ya’ll.

One thing that pisses me off about the right lane, is all the damn trucks on it. The trucks are always moving at 60-65, and I want to go 70, so I am always weaving in and out of the left lane to pass all the trucks. I know this sounds whacko, and will never happen, but I think that truckers ought to have their own highway system or something.

And what is up with the bright ass headlights nowadays? There really is no need for these things unless you are a search and rescue vehicle. It makes me so mad when some asshole rides right up behind me, beaming those bright headlights into my rearview adn blinding me. If I can’t see, I can’t drive…

It’s tempting, but all that really happens is people swerve or slam on their breaks, and that slows down traffic in both lanes. People won’t stop speeding until they wreck, and it would suck to have you involved.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
And what is up with the bright ass headlights nowadays? There really is no need for these things unless you are a search and rescue vehicle. It makes me so mad when some asshole rides right up behind me, beaming those bright headlights into my rearview adn blinding me. If I can’t see, I can’t drive…[/quote]

Yeah they should definitely be outlawed. There’s a reason there are normal and bright settings on cars, I hate those fucking Xenon headlights with a passion.

I don’t have a problem with people who drive so fast as I do with people(usually women)that speed, talk on their cell phone, apply make up, change their clothes, etc, while attempting to run into everything with in 100 feet of them.

I generally will stay in either the left lane or the left middle lane. This is due to the fact that I generally go faster then most people, but if someone is driving faster than me while I’m in the fast lane, I’ll change lanes.

When you do that you are a problem not a solution.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Lately I set my cruise control at 5 miles over the speed limit and cruise along in the fast lane. I won’t do this on 95 or any other major highway, but my daily commute consists of roads where the speed limit fluctuates between 25 and 40…I know the fast lane is intended for passing only…but with people consistently flying down the road at a hundred miles per hour no matter what lane they’re in…I just kinda started doing this in response one day.

When I’m on 95 or another highway I’ll sit in the slow lane and put the cruise control at 50. This way I never get upset that someone’s going too slow.

I know what I’m doing is kinda edgy…what do you guys (and broads) think? Anyone else taken it upon themselves to slow down the inbred speed freaks out there?[/quote]

I guess the question you need to ask yourself is do u really think this is having an effect? I anything it just creates more reckless driving as people weave in and out lanes to get around u. good luck with your plan. Seems like you have a lot of hostile energy that would be better directed elsewhere.

You are an obstacle , I will keep my personal opinions to my self :slight_smile:

It’s a stupid idea, you’re just clogging up traffic and the clowns who speed now will be jumping from this lane to that lane.

Become a traffic cop if you want to stop speeders.

Otherwise, drive right, pass left.

I would stop doing it, just because you’re not the person who should be trying to enforce traffic laws. It’s not your job, so you’re just making life hard on everybody else.

However, I think there’s a special place in hell for people who drive on the highways doing either:

1. Driving horrendously slowly (i.e. 50 in a 70 zone) or
  2. Driving horrendously fast (i.e. 88 in a 70) while constantly changing lanes to “avoid” the other traffic like you’re in a damn NASCAR race.

If you drive like this, then I hope you die in a car-wreck soon, and I’m only half-joking. Drivers like you make life so much harder on other drivers.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I don’t have a problem with people who drive so fast as I do with people(usually women)that speed, talk on their cell phone, apply make up, change their clothes, etc, while attempting to run into everything with in 100 feet of them.[/quote]

HEY!!!

I don’t talk on the cell phone, but I have applied lipstick.

I have seen men shaving, doing the crossword puzzle and trying to wave down women.