T Nation

View of the Universe

I know…we like to discuss guns, mental health, reps, sets, carbs, and steak. We like to debate out philosophies about baseball, football, education, and how to and if we should collect taxes.

But, What is your view of the Universe?

Is life worth living? What is the object of life?

“What is your view of the Universe”

Well, we do know it’s expanding, likely the ever residual force of the Big Bang.
My view is that we’ve been hoodwinked by our Schools with the Bullshit Copernican Model
of our Solar System as well…Scripture has over 60 references/hints to a moving Sun, and not ONE to
a moving Earth…This exhaustive site will take weeks to study…and among MANY other things, I’ve learned
That Copernicanism is as intimately connected with evolution as siamese twins.

“Is life worth living?”
Yes.

“What is the object of life?”
To Love…got a long way to go for that one, heh.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:<<< What is your view of the Universe? >>>[/quote]It was commanded to exist from nothing by an omnipotent creator God [quote]Brother Chris wrote:<<< Is life worth living? >>>[/quote]Every second is to be savored and cherished.[quote]Brother Chris wrote:<<< What is the object of life?[/quote]Very first question and answer of the Westminster Larger Catechism of 1647:

[quote]Question 1: What is the chief and highest end of man?

Answer: Man’s chief and highest end is to glorify God, and fully to enjoy him forever.[/quote]I couldn’t possibly agree more. The object of my life is to love what God loves and hate what He hates. To be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, according to the scriptures so as to live the privilege of being an instrument of His glory in the earth. Romans 12:1-2 (NASB) [quote]1-Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2-And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. [/quote]That is my journey and my destination. To give all that I am and all that I have into His hands so that maybe I be used by Him to call and or edify fellow “vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,.”(Romans 9) In so doing I fully expect to be hated and reviled by the multitudes of “vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?”. (again Romans 9)

In other words to be a Christian. A word that has lost all meaning in our modern world with it’s apostate, corrupt and polluted church. Full of worldliness, immorality and heresy to the point where many pagans actually appear more Christian than those calling themselves by His name. I say with Job,“though He slay me I will serve Him” and with Paul, “Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. <<<>>> for me to live IS Christ and to die is gain”. (Philippians 1)

You don’t check your Facebook messages anymore Christopher? Nuthin huge, but I was responding to your txt. Though I know you’ve been very busy.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Is life worth living? What is the object of life?[/quote]

Living is a better choice than not to live and the object is existence and procreation and, what the hell you should make the best of it :slight_smile:

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money.[/quote]

+1

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
I know…we like to discuss guns, mental health, reps, sets, carbs, and steak. We like to debate out philosophies about baseball, football, education, and how to and if we should collect taxes.

But, What is your view of the Universe?

Is life worth living? What is the object of life?[/quote]

I think it beats the alternative, so yes it is worth living. Does there have to be an object of life? Can’t we just appreciate it as it is?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
What is the object of life?[/quote]

To serve G-d and His creation, especially your fellow man.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
What is the object of life?[/quote]

To serve G-d and His creation, especially your fellow man.[/quote]

Damn , if I didn’t know better I would say you are a fellow Altruist :slight_smile:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
What is the object of life?[/quote]

To serve G-d and His creation, especially your fellow man.[/quote]

x9000

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
I know…we like to discuss guns, mental health, reps, sets, carbs, and steak. We like to debate out philosophies about baseball, football, education, and how to and if we should collect taxes.

But, What is your view of the Universe?

Is life worth living? What is the object of life?[/quote]

I think it beats the alternative, so yes it is worth living. Does there have to be an object of life? Can’t we just appreciate it as it is?[/quote]

If there is no object or purpose of life is there meaningnto life?

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
I know…we like to discuss guns, mental health, reps, sets, carbs, and steak. We like to debate out philosophies about baseball, football, education, and how to and if we should collect taxes.

But, What is your view of the Universe?

Is life worth living? What is the object of life?[/quote]

I think it beats the alternative, so yes it is worth living. Does there have to be an object of life? Can’t we just appreciate it as it is?[/quote]

This is my general belief. I’d rather exist than not exist; rather have a loving family and taste good food and cavort with beautiful women than not. If these simple pleasures are nothing more than the meaningless groupings and reactions of the chemicals in my head, then so be it. My life has no purpose outside itself so far as I can tell, though I don’t pretend to be sure of this (how could I?).

An extension of this is that I respect others’ desire to exist rather than than not exist or exist in discomfort. From there comes altruism and charity and etc.

IMO the purpose of life is to do everything you can to secure fulfillment for others and yourself.

Even though I hear crickets :), AWESOME thread :slight_smile:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
I know…we like to discuss guns, mental health, reps, sets, carbs, and steak. We like to debate out philosophies about baseball, football, education, and how to and if we should collect taxes.

But, What is your view of the Universe?

Is life worth living? What is the object of life?[/quote]

I think it beats the alternative, so yes it is worth living. Does there have to be an object of life? Can’t we just appreciate it as it is?[/quote]

This is my general belief. I’d rather exist than not exist; rather have a loving family and taste good food and cavort with beautiful women than not. If these simple pleasures are nothing more than the meaningless groupings and reactions of the chemicals in my head, then so be it. My life has no purpose outside itself so far as I can tell, though I don’t pretend to be sure of this (how could I?).

An extension of this is that I respect others’ desire to exist rather than than not exist or exist in discomfort. From there comes altruism and charity and etc.[/quote]You never answered my question about probability.

One Bible verse:

Ecclesiastes 12:13

“Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole [duty] of man.”

To find unity with all, embrace being a piece of God, yet still celebrate being a human even in our finitude in humility and in awe of that which is greater.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
To find unity with all, embrace being a piece of God, yet still celebrate being a human even in our finitude in humility and in awe of that which is greater. [/quote]If you get a chance could you start with this http://www.reasonablefaith.org/does-infinite-personhood-imply-pantheism and then read this http://www.reasonablefaith.org/pantheists-in-spite-of-themselves

I’m curious what you think. Answer in Hijack Haven or something. IF you want to.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
To find unity with all, embrace being a piece of God, yet still celebrate being a human even in our finitude in humility and in awe of that which is greater. [/quote]If you get a chance could you start with this http://www.reasonablefaith.org/does-infinite-personhood-imply-pantheism and then read this http://www.reasonablefaith.org/pantheists-in-spite-of-themselves

I’m curious what you think. Answer in Hijack Haven or something. IF you want to.

[/quote]

I had a feeling you would respond to me. I’ll take a look at the links at the very least.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
I know…we like to discuss guns, mental health, reps, sets, carbs, and steak. We like to debate out philosophies about baseball, football, education, and how to and if we should collect taxes.

But, What is your view of the Universe?

Is life worth living? What is the object of life?[/quote]

I think it beats the alternative, so yes it is worth living. Does there have to be an object of life? Can’t we just appreciate it as it is?[/quote]

This is my general belief. I’d rather exist than not exist; rather have a loving family and taste good food and cavort with beautiful women than not. If these simple pleasures are nothing more than the meaningless groupings and reactions of the chemicals in my head, then so be it. My life has no purpose outside itself so far as I can tell, though I don’t pretend to be sure of this (how could I?).

An extension of this is that I respect others’ desire to exist rather than than not exist or exist in discomfort. From there comes altruism and charity and etc.[/quote]You never answered my question about probability.
[/quote]

Really? Let me assure you that this was not intentional. I remember that there was one, but not what or where it was. If you can refresh my memory or lead me to the thread, I will do so.