View of Australia

A girl from Australia started going my school last year (graduated and in college now) She was cool and had a nice accent haha but was a little air headed but nice none the less.She joined into my group of friends. She was talking to my brother once and she was talking about something sexual and he was a bit uncomfortable. She said in the funniest voice “aww your such a virgin” She actually meant he was prude but hell if we would EVER let him forget it. His nickname was virgin for the rest of the year lol. So I like Aussies. Steve Irwin helped to. I get a kick out of those frosters beer commercials lol

Generally I imagine Aussies as nice and friendly. I woulndt mind living in Australia. I live in Massachusetts…the liberal state and its nice and cold for most of the year with maybe 3 months of nice spring/summer weather.

[quote]Dr_Doom88 wrote:
also no dip allowed[/quote]

WHAT THE HELL!!! I always held Australia in a high regard but this drops you down a notch. Why is there no dip? Thats dumb. I love dip. if i brought a tin with me would it get taken at the airport? But yes I would love to visit Australia. And I have heard great things about your military. As I think bill said I always considered you guys the most like us in regard to how we life and such.

I’m actually interning in Australia this summer. As of now, I have a very limited view of what life down under is like, but I’ve always thought it would be a kick-ass place to visit. I’ll see you there in a couple months. Hopefully I can respond with a better cultural understanding after my visit!

Fuck aussie. Come to NZ. Better people, sport, environment.

Roberts you think aussie is similar to the US, come have a look at NZ. Our charts are nearly identical to yours…

Nothing against Aussies, but in my travels, I have always gotten along better with Kiwis as a whole.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Fuck aussie. Come to NZ. Better people, sport, environment.

Roberts you think aussie is similar to the US, come have a look at NZ. Our charts are nearly identical to yours…[/quote]

If it happens at some point that I have good opportunity to travel, I feel New Zealand would be a great place. I admit I, ignorantly, don’t know too much about NZ but pretty much everything I’ve heard and read has been good, and it’s clearly a beautiful place.

visited FreeMantle and took the train to Perth back in 2003, was a beautiful beachtown and did pub crawl in Perth. Folks were friendly and spoke the right language at least.

x2 on hearing men treat women poorly, but didnt see it.

Good friend of mine visited Sydney and loved it. I would live and work there no problem if I get tired of how this country is going.

Would love to hear more of your side of things/feedback on the comments since you live there…

Also heard that the female population in NZ is outrageously high compared to males, since many guys leave there to get work and live elsewhere.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
I heard all the guys in Australia treat girls like absolute garbage.[/quote]

makes me think of a convo from freshman year of college involving an Australian exchange student:

Some Girl: Do you think i look beautiful? (or something like that)
Aussie: You look beautiful, Sheila. But you would look much better if you lost 10 or 20 pounds.
Some Guy: You know, its not really polite to say stuff like that in America.
Aussie: Yea i know, they tell me the same thing in Australian.

lol. prob not as funny as hearing it in person tho

[quote]Dr_Doom88 wrote:
also no dip allowed
[/quote]
blasphemous

Best thing about Australia?

Nikki Whelan.

I heard that NZ is the ‘adventure capitol of the world’?
So many things to do? I think I saw something on Travel Channel that they have the longest zip line: 1 mile? Tops speed: 92mph or something like that?

While I’m on this side of the world I may have to make a trip to both Aus and NZ…

[quote]mike_70 wrote:
I heard that NZ is the ‘adventure capitol of the world’?
So many things to do? I think I saw something on Travel Channel that they have the longest zip line: 1 mile? Tops speed: 92mph or something like that?

While I’m on this side of the world I may have to make a trip to both Aus and NZ…[/quote]

That is the Mokai Gravity Canyon Flying Fox (Morth Island) at 1km and up to 160 Km/h. My youngest did it just before Christmas. Queenstown on the South Island sells itself as the “adventure capitol of the world”. My daughter did the Nevis Bungy at 134 m. Myself, I’m afraid of heights,

thanks!
Definately on the ‘to-do’ list

I hear guys have a very strong view of the military and alot of people generally consider service at some point in their young adult life? In Australia its not like that, I only know one person my age (20) that has served in the military and no one that has considered it.

Also as far as public transport goes i reckon its pretty poor considering we have such a small population and in melbourne (where I life) our “subway” is loop consisting of 4 stops, that is how big our city is, Sydney is obviously bigger, but still tiny by American standards.

I’m more of an imported beer drinker, Corona is very popular in melbourne, but the beers on tap are generally always local, Stella Artois is also popular.

Also to the person that mentioned all those deadly insects and snakes, those are mostly inland in the more baron areas, NSW and QLD have alot of them, but in the urban areas which are all on the coast its not really an issue.

I’d be surprised if they do. All the australian women I’ve met have been uber-pampered and spoilt as fuck. I also believe the feminist lobby in Aus is far more twisted and conniving than in your country.

If anything; iuts an urban legend started up by the Aussies to perpetrate a stereotype of their rugged masculinity. Like the Irish.

[quote]b12sblue2002 wrote:
x2 on hearing men treat women poorly, but didnt see it.
[/quote]

It’s already been said, but I imagine Canadians with better accents.

I’m from southeast Michigan, have spent a lot of time in Canada and think Canadians are great people as a whole.

*except during hockey season, unless they are Redwings

[quote]Br3nt0n wrote:

I’m more of an imported beer drinker, Corona is very popular in melbourne.[/quote]

Ugh, the Fosters of Mexico. Get some Dos Equis if you can find it.

To those asking about the aussie rules football, it was described to me as a giant game of Smear the Queer- just beat the crap out of whoever has the ball. Only difference being there’s goalposts to kick through and you have teammates.

I’m Australian and I don’t get cricket or AFL.

It’s an awesome place, until your kangaroo breaks down and you cant get to school,
or you run out of Vegemite,
or your fosters goes hot since you left it outside in the outback heat,
or you run out of shrimps to throw on the barbie.

Actually if you want a realistic picture of average Australian life just watch the 2008 documentary “BMX Bandits.”

You (Australia) gave the world AC/DC, Mad Max, and most recently, JET.

For those, I am eternally grateful.

Thank you.

Yep, a lot of the girls here, for whatever reason, are absolutely fucking crazy (not good crazy)

I admittedly have little luck with the native poon here, well watch this and see what you think of the classy ‘ladies’ - - YouTube

(That bar is in a very well to do area in the city btw)

I’ve always wondered if it is true that American girls really dig the accent, ‘howyagoin’

Have any of you guys seen Aussie dudes pick up more than the usual foreigners, or should I book an airplane ticket to another country ?

yea i always wanted to visit. seems like a great place. also know a funny pickup line/joke that has to do with it.

Do you want an Australian kiss? Its like a french kiss but down under… haha