Vids From Today: How Bad is my Squat Depth

455 just belt

depth looks good as far as I can tell.

Depth was alright… the squat itself didn’t look to good.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Depth was alright… the squat itself didn’t look to good.[/quote]
yeah I agree…feet were closer than normal, bad arch, too much quad involved, not enough glute action, too much lean…This is what happenes when I take time off squats to heal knees I guess.

the 705 deadlift was sick…how much do you weigh?

[quote]unstable wrote:
the 705 deadlift was sick…how much do you weigh?[/quote]
prolly 235-244…have not been weighed in a while.

Great DL (do get a vid filmed from the side sometime though, impossible to tell what your lower back area is doing there)!

No good on the squat. I’d suggest contacting maraudermeat… His posts have helped my squatting technique a lot.

One big problem you have is that you aren’t really setting up before the lift… Remember your cues, tight lower and upper arch, big air/tight midsection etcetc.
The way you are squatting now it looks like you really aren’t even getting tight at the beginning, so it’s no wonder that you completely lose your arch (didn’t really have any to start with though) and sort of cave in on yourself going down.

You need to be fully set up and tight before you even consider going down.

That fold was nasty. Arch, stay tight, and drive up with the head. You look tall, how tall are you?

[quote]Bobbi Miller wrote:
That fold was nasty. Arch, stay tight, and drive up with the head. You look tall, how tall are you?[/quote]
yeah, my forms usually bit better if you look at my older squat vids…im a little under 6’3

hit the good mornings

maybe it was the camera angle but if we’re critiquing it looking like your feet were pretty narrow for the squat. I’m basing this off of being 6’0 myself, figuring a squat rack is going to be about the same width from place to place to accomodate the length of a standard olympic bar…and where I see your feet in relationship to the rails of the rack. I push my feet all the way out to the sides and I might go even a little wider if I had the room.

[quote]unstable wrote:
maybe it was the camera angle but if we’re critiquing it looking like your feet were pretty narrow for the squat. I’m basing this off of being 6’0 myself, figuring a squat rack is going to be about the same width from place to place to accomodate the length of a standard olympic bar…and where I see your feet in relationship to the rails of the rack. I push my feet all the way out to the sides and I might go even a little wider if I had the room.[/quote]
I did wide squat raw 3 years back and injured something in my glute and couldn’t squat for 6 months…don’t want that to happen again…what kinda numbers you puttin up brah?

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
hit the good mornings[/quote]
heavy or light?
Big ROM or short?
oly shoes or flat?

deadlift - amazing, looked really good
squat- as others have said, and as i suspect you already know - im suprised you didnt injure yourself!

ditto everything above, about the squat

DL looked so easy, tho can’t judge your form much from that angle.
BUT SHIT man, how on earth are you pulling 705 at 18 y/o!!! even with straps?
I’m so jealous

Google marc bartley squat tips. His arching drill really helped.
There is also an exercise where you just stand with light weight, and round the shoulders, then pull it all back in tight and flex the lats, arch hard, ect and hold it flexing. Thats one to look at too.

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
hit the good mornings[/quote]
heavy or light?
Big ROM or short?
oly shoes or flat?[/quote]

You’re overthinking it, for some reason you have a weak lower back and abs, though looking at you’re deadlift, I have no idea how. Just do good old heavy GMs. I never knew a powerlifter to use oly shoes for GMs, throw on some chucks and get at it. You’re folding over like an accordion, and trying to reach depth by doing so. Think more chest up, elbows forward and sit back. And strong abs and lower back are key to staying upright.

[/quote]

You’re overthinking it, for some reason you have a weak lower back and abs, though looking at you’re deadlift, I have no idea how. Just do good old heavy GMs. I never knew a powerlifter to use oly shoes for GMs, throw on some chucks and get at it. You’re folding over like an accordion, and trying to reach depth by doing so. Think more chest up, elbows forward and sit back. And strong abs and lower back are key to staying upright.[/quote]
ok well I’ll so some, but most powerlifters cheat on GM’s (barley bend there back over)…RDL’s seem bascially the same target muscles I prefer them but will try some GM’s…and no chucks for me not a fan of the style…but I will just use my flat bball shoes. Thanks for the advice.

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

ok well I’ll so some, but most powerlifters cheat on GM’s (barley bend there back over)[/quote]

Is it cheating if it works?

[quote]grettiron wrote:

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

ok well I’ll so some, but most powerlifters cheat on GM’s (barley bend there back over)[/quote]

Is it cheating if it works?
[/quote]
partial lifts deserve the correct title…bodybuilders get big quads from half squats,Since there quads get big should we not title it as a partial rep?