Video of Sparring Sessions?

It looks like the more relaxed guy ends up controling the center of the ring and most of the match. Doesn’t look like that was Ali’s style though. What do you think is preferable- dancing or taking the center?

Lyoto doesn’t take the center usually and makes people pay for being over-agressive.

resent habit i picked up that i wondered if any one else does. it kinda goes along with watching sparring footage to learn. i started filming my bag work 3 times a week, not to post on youtube or anything but the amount it helps me see the flaws in my game is unbelievable. you may not notice alot of your bad habits until you watch yourself. ive learned where i tend to make footwork errors and on which punches im leaving myself vulnerable(and that im alot slower than i thought) all in all its probably one of the best things ive ever started doing for myself especially since im nearing 1 year mark out of a training gym.

any one else do this with any regularity, notice progress ?

My sensei advised i bring a camera for every training session, i still must buy the god damn camera but i plan on doing it.

I also noticed with Tyson that a lot of the time, his stance would go to more of a squared stance. Especially when in-fighting. Made the lateral movement that much quicker. That is something I have been troubled with a bit.

I guess lateral stance makes more sense when you are using peek-a-boo, but then again i suck at boxing technique and i may be talking shit.

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
I guess lateral stance makes more sense when you are using peek-a-boo, but then again i suck at boxing technique and i may be talking shit.[/quote]

Rodimus is correct that when in-fighting it can make lateral movement easier, and also makes rotational punching (hooks especially) easier. Since Tyson was usually the shorter fighter, and therefore wanted to be in close it would make sense that you would see him square up fairly often.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Pac’s vid is a great example of throwing “punches in bunches”. Too many beginners will throw 1, maybe 2 punches at a time. Pacman on the other hand almost always throws a bunch at a time and usually winds up landing at least a couple as a result of it. [/quote]

I would prefer to see beginners throw 1/2 punches with their chin down and their guard up than seeing them go all ‘four-loko’ on one another’s ass. Beginners have a tendency to go Freakazoid after more than two punches.[/quote]

Obviously keeping their chin down and guard up should be done at all times, and if they are only able to throw 1-2 punches while doing so then yeah, I’d agree. I’m not advocating turning into a “rock em sock em robot” or anything like that.

[/quote]
Yeah, I was being retardedly pedantic. I knew exactly what you meant. What makes it worse is that this is one of the things I really hate seeing other people do.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
I guess lateral stance makes more sense when you are using peek-a-boo, but then again i suck at boxing technique and i may be talking shit.[/quote]

Rodimus is correct that when in-fighting it can make lateral movement easier, and also makes rotational punching (hooks especially) easier. Since Tyson was usually the shorter fighter, and therefore wanted to be in close it would make sense that you would see him square up fairly often.[/quote]

Funny, I’ve been training for more than a handful of years, and it JUST clicked! lol. Thanks, fellas.