Video of Me Deadlifting

thought I would put up a video of me deadlifting, happy with this as it was three reps more than I have ever done with this weight before.

I know I am wearing a belt and straps but hey I dont care.

my bodyweight is 82kg (180lbs)

www.monstermuscle.co.uk/vid-gd-deadlifts.html

looked pretty good to me. Even with the straps and belt. Looked easy too. Working my way up that mountain.

Do you know your max?

You have very solid, textbook form. Nice that it didn’t really break down in the last reps. That weight is a 2-3 rep max for me. What can you pull for a single?

[quote]RWElder0 wrote:
looked pretty good to me. Even with the straps and belt. [/quote]

What’s that meant to mean?

I’d give you 3 white lights. Here’s something you have down…control. Your lift is very calculated and spot on from a technique perspective. Keep it up and keep reaping the benefits.

that was sick, IMO.

nice job.

[quote]gi2eg wrote:
that was sick, IMO.

nice job.[/quote]

Yep. Agreed. All that need be said

[quote]glend wrote:
thought I would put up a video of me deadlifting, happy with this as it was three reps more than I have ever done with this weight before.

www.monstermuscle.co.uk/vid-gd-deadlifts.html[/quote]

Sick lifts Glen… I watched you squat 140 kg for 21 reps as well.

Awesome.

[quote]glend wrote:

Belts and straps are fine…impressive lifting glend!

Nice form! I can keep that form with maybe half that weight…

[quote]glend wrote:

Props your form is badass.

You wouldn’t happen to be a rugger?

Nice lifting :slight_smile: Especially the form. Mine goes out the window at 150kg.

I’ll agree with the other posters and say it looks very impressive, however from a technical standpoint you could use a little bit more power from the glutes. The bar slows down mid way and you are hyperextending the spine at lockout, especially during the later reps.

You are really strong off the ground, if you could come through with a more powerful hip extension, you could throw a lot of weight on that bar.

great form and control… I was surprised it didn’t deteriorate as you neared the end of the set.
How do you train and what are your maxes?

[quote]challer1 wrote:
I’ll agree with the other posters and say it looks very impressive, however from a technical standpoint you could use a little bit more power from the glutes. The bar slows down mid way and you are hyperextending the spine at lockout, especially during the later reps.

You are really strong off the ground, if you could come through with a more powerful hip extension, you could throw a lot of weight on that bar.[/quote]

agreed, on that set I didnt stretch my hip flexors out as usual and was feeling it in my lowerback - suprisingly off the floor is my weakest position - if I can break it off the ground generally i can lift it.

used to play rugby but currently just the bodybuilding as i compete in the natural feds over here in Britain

my max is around 220kg - again its the first few inches which stop me from getting it up when I go heavier

[quote]DouglasJ16 wrote:
gi2eg wrote:
that was sick, IMO.

nice job.

Yep. Agreed. All that need be said[/quote]

+1

[quote]glend wrote:
challer1 wrote:

You are really strong off the ground, if you could come through with a more powerful hip extension, you could throw a lot of weight on that bar.

agreed, on that set I didnt stretch my hip flexors out as usual and was feeling it in my lowerback - suprisingly off the floor is my weakest position - if I can break it off the ground generally i can lift it.

used to play rugby but currently just the bodybuilding as i compete in the natural feds over here in Britain

my max is around 220kg - again its the first few inches which stop me from getting it up when I go heavier[/quote]

fair enough ;p

I’d say try taking your shoes off but it looks like they were already off haha