Video: Girls Lifting Session

whatever…

and your neck is neutral in this pic as well? cmon…

you still didn’t address your deadlift article which was read by a lot people where you instruct people to work up to a 1RM with an 8" platform dead lift and use a photo of a guy with a rounded back.

But again what is the point and what can you possibly say to that? I didn’t come here to argue. But when you question my intelligence and say ridiculas things like

I begin to question yours.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think CT chooses the pictures for his articles.

Either way, arguing that it’s detrimental to get cervical hyperextension while SETTING UP for a deadlift is ridiculous.

you’re just making an ass of yourself now.

I’d like for EC to step in here to talk about the deadlift

If there form isn’t good they should be using an empty bar or a broomstick. End of story.

Get a tripod for the camera

[quote]kaeosali wrote:

And I really love how there are no comments about the photo examples on a platform deadlift and box squat that I posted.

[/quote]

Um . . . okay the form was bad in the pictures you posted. You still need to correct your clients when they use bad form.

Given your screen name, I’m going to assume you’re Ali Ghavami from Kaeos Fitness. I saw some of your vids on Youtube. Let me tell you dude, you are some kind of jacked. LOL.

Jeez, CT, you better find out what this guy’s doing so you can look like him.

[quote]kaeosali wrote:
…Tell us what you think… [/quote]

You asked for feedback, and when it’s not to your liking you act like an ass.

Nicely done!

You have an opportunity to improve yourself, and protect your client’s health (which should be your most important consideration) - if only you could control your bruised ego.

yup thats me

Not going to have time to argue about this stuff tommorrow . I’m sure you’re going to want to comment on my 500lb deadlift as god awful form. Since I will be unalbe to defend myself let me leave off with this.

EC’s 635 Dl

My 500lb Dl

I’m not an olympic athlete, not a competative power lifter.

good night everyone it was fun, but I can’t say that I learned anything new today.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

I’d like for EC to step in here to talk about the deadlift[/quote]

I’d love for that also. Just re-read his article.

Its personal trainers like you that have ruined the industry.

Its clear that 9/10 experts would say you are teaching shitty form, but instead of taking the time to learn what good form might be, you instead look for reasons why your shitty form might be ok. Sure not everyone preaches or demonstrates great form, even authors on here can not agree on some of this stuff, but your clients are clearly demonstrating poor form.

I myself am not an expert on squatting, and thus I dont try to teach it.

The squats were not horrible, but they had no business with that amount of weight and going as deep as they were with that form. They should be learning with a broom or the bar at most.

The deadlifts on the other hand, were absolutely horrible. The deadlift is also one of the easiest lifts to learn, as long as you dont try to go to heavy too soon.

The pullups weren’t that bad, especially for average girls doing them. I wouldn’t worry about them too much, since there’s obvious areas that need attention.

Your deadlift was pretty crappy form, and I dont think EC’s was too great either, but hey both of you were maxing. If however your form looks that way on submaximal work, then youve got problems.

My advice to you is to listen to what people are saying, and learn how to PROPERLY teach these movements. Your mistakes have been pointed out by those that know what they are doing, and when one or many of your clients gets injured, you are going to be at fault. I know its hard to post something on here, and then get attacked for it. Happens to me all the time, but your best bet is to learn from others.

My suggestion on the deadlifts and squats:

Deadlifts should be performed as partials for most trainees in the begginning. Use a power rack, and have them do rack pulls, with light weights. Instead of progressing them up in weight, lower the pins for progression, until they are ready to deadlift from the floor.

For Squats, DB goblet squats are a great way to learn the correct form, and develop the flexibility/mobility to perform them. Also, check out the Squat RX videos, just make sure none of your clients see them, you might be out of business j/k.

Lastly, if you have a bachelor’s degree, why not get a CSCS certification. That would be a great way for you to learn what is proper and what is garbage.

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:
How do you fix tail-under on squat? I have the same problem, never thought it was an issue, especially with the way “A2G” is promoted here.

Is it an hip mobility issue? Can overhead squatting fix this?[/quote]

Don’t bother, I already asked twice.

Instead of responding to genuine questions on the topic at hand, CT would rather argue back and forth with some asshole.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:
How do you fix tail-under on squat? I have the same problem, never thought it was an issue, especially with the way “A2G” is promoted here.

Is it an hip mobility issue? Can overhead squatting fix this?

Instead of responding to genuine questions on the topic at hand, CT would rather argue back and forth with some asshole. [/quote]

Why don’t you just post the question on the Thib Zone thread?

I’m always late to the party. He’s run away but I’ll say my piece anyway. I’m a non athletic 41 year old woman who just started lifting a month ago. I found watching that video painful.

Just seeing the title of the thread the first thing that popped into my head was that it’s a boyfriend showing off the weight he’s got his girl lifting.

When I started watching the video I thought I was close… instead it’s a few guys who call themselves trainers trying to show of how much weight they’ve got these little girls lifting.

I do not believe you were looking for form or training feedback. I believe you were looking for oooo’s and ahhhh’s. If you were in fact experienced and decent trainers you would know what good form is, you would not need other’s opinions and you would be embarrassed to post that video here or anywhere.

The generalization is often made that men will always choose quantity over quality. They’d rather get that extra weight with bad form than not. (Some women are like that too and not all guys are which is why I said generalization.) That’s fine to make that choice for yourself but a trainer should NOT push their (which is the correct word by the way, not there which you repeatedly use) client to do so. They should be discouraging it.

I’d like to see video of all the “trainers” from this video doing these moves. How much you want to make a bet they are choosing quantity over quality?

Very telling that in your defense you posted a video of you doing your 1RM rather than a set of decent form reps.

Someone made a comment about the weights being little or a small amount. If you can’t get even one or two reps out with perfect form it doesn’t matter how much weight it is, it’s too heavy!

I second everything CT said in his first post. He covered it all.

[quote]kaeosali wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

I’d like for EC to step in here to talk about the deadlift

I’d love for that also. Just re-read his article.[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/most_recent/5_common_technique_mistakes:

"Want to really destroy your back? Combine flexion with either rotation or compression… or both. Compressive loading actually increases as the amount of lumbar flexion increases; so if you can’t squat deep with a neutral spine, don’t squat so deep.

I know that everyone talks about “ATG” (ass-to-grass) squats, but the truth is that there aren’t many people capable of actually doing it safely. You only get one spine."

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/performance_training/mastering_the_deadlift_part_i:

"My 635 deadlift video from Are You Doing Stupid Stuff in the Gym? once again stirred up the question of whether rounding is okay.

First, remember that I’m a member of category #3: I deadlift to get better at deadlifting, not basketball, bocce ball, or pocket pinball.

Second, and more importantly, people need to understand the difference between thoracic flexion and lumbar flexion. The secret with respect to rounding on maximal pulls is to get it in the right places. The best pullers get rounding in the thoracic region (if it even occurs), not the lumbar spine."

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Given your screen name, I’m going to assume you’re Ali Ghavami from Kaeos Fitness. I saw some of your vids on Youtube. Let me tell you dude, you are some kind of jacked. LOL.

Jeez, CT, you better find out what this guy’s doing so you can look like him.

[/quote]

Just had a look at the site
kaeosfitness.com. It oozes professionalism.

• “We help to make your body beatiful!”
  • “Galleries of the photo”
  • Testimonials: blank page

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:

Instead of responding to genuine questions on the topic at hand, CT would rather argue back and forth with some asshole. [/quote]

He has addressed this issue multiple times already.

Do a search for “tail-under squat”.

From my point of view, another option would be to ditch the back squat in favor of the front squat. That’s what I did. My back is feeling great now.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:

Instead of responding to genuine questions on the topic at hand, CT would rather argue back and forth with some asshole.

[/quote]
Agreed.

This is not the Author’s Locker Room. This is not a discussion thread for an article by CT. If I’m not mistaken, he posted here not as an author, but as a forum member like the rest of us. As far as I know, he does not get paid for posting on random threads on this site and giving free advice to those who demand it. In his free time, he as as much right to respond to which ever post he wants to. If he decides to argue with this guy, I don’t see a reason to complain.

Apart from that, I couldn’t think of another author on this site who devotes more time and effort to answer question in the article discussion threads as quickly as possible and sometimes even jump in on random threads to offer free advice.

[quote]kaeosali wrote:
Tell us what you think.[/quote]

CT gave his honest evaluation of your methods. You asked for this evaluation. Lifters on this website that do not train anyone but themselves were able to find flaws in your coaching methods.

If you do not want criticism, then do not ask for it.

In your case, I’d recommend not posting videos with blatantly poor coaching. After reading CT’s criticisms, you now know what some of these destitute practices are.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:

Agreed.

This is not the Author’s Locker Room. This is not a discussion thread for an article by CT. If I’m not mistaken, he posted here not as an author, but as a forum member like the rest of us. As far as I know, he does not get paid for posting on random threads on this site and giving free advice to those who demand it. In his free time, he as as much right to respond to which ever post he wants to. If he decides to argue with this guy, I don’t see a reason to complain.

Apart from that, I couldn’t think of another author on this site who devotes more time and effort to answer question in the article discussion threads as quickly as possible and sometimes even jump in on random threads to offer free advice. [/quote]

I asked the question here because I was reading this thread and the issue came up here, in this thread.

As to how he “does not get paid to give free advice to those who demand it”, I didnt fucking demand anything. I asked a simple question, and was ignored. Its not even so much being ignored that was frustrated, but having a resonable question ignored in favor of seeing the same author (who doesnt get paid to argue with people who are just going to make reasonless attacks against him) fight with an obviously unknowledgable trainer who refuses to accept critisism he asked for.