T Nation

Video: Girls Lifting Session

the girls in the white strap shirt and camo tank are pretty hot…I’d smash

[quote]kaeosali wrote:

Also how close are you to that perfect form 600lbs dead lift. When can we see it? Not just a photo…

Thanks again for your input.[/quote]

Why is this guy being passive-aggressive and condescending???

I’m just sayin’

I’ve trained many women, most often extremely out of shape ones. I understand it’s a learning process, it often takes ALOT of time and frustration to get their form correct. I just can’t make sense to why the trainers are saying “good job, great” rather than correcting them. That’s like giving your dog a treat for shitting on the carpet.

And as far as asking for the video of the 600lb deadlift, lol, seriously, you were the kid that when you lost you took your ball back and went home, huh.

There was nothing wrong with their Pull/Chin Ups.

When do they get nekkid? And do they use a swiss ball as a prop in the new vid?

[quote]Mr. Strong wrote:
There was nothing wrong with their Pull/Chin Ups.[/quote]

If they can lift more/do more reps with the same shitty/cheater form as before then they are getting stronger.

If you stop 100 females walking down the street, you would be lucky to get 2 of them that could do even 1 lame chin-up. This guy has them cranking out several reps. Hats off to ya man.

Just keep on them about their form. They will improve. Come back with another video in 6 months and prove some of these posters wrong.

TNT

The Squats were not that bad too mcuh trunk lean granted but the “tail tuck” wasn’t really too evident on the ones I watched.

Didn’t check the deads.

So, about how to help with the tail tucking problem…?

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
Just keep on them about their form. They will improve. Come back with another video in 6 months and prove some of these posters wrong.

TNT[/quote]

Thanks TNT-CDN,

I have been doing this long enough to know that also. Only 1 of these girls was able to a pull up when she walked in. The main argument here is where do you draw the line between work and form. As far as boosting there ego’s we let them know that there primary gains are coming from neuromuscular efficiency. The clients get all the credit here. My main goal is to make sure the clients reach there goal and stay motivated and not got hurt.

As far as long term injury.

The attached pics* seem a little more damaging then what you see in the video.

Boy, you are a first-class dick. You post a video asking for comments, then when you get some you don’t like, you get all defensive.

Is this a golf clap thread?

Are you here for some internet-kudos?

Or was it all an attempt to lure someone out to criticise the video merely in order to argue with them and question their motivation?

I am confused. The video was critiqued, then you got upset. Why post the video in the first place?

[quote]Joe D. wrote:
Is this a golf clap thread?

Are you here for some internet-kudos?

Or was it all an attempt to lure someone out to criticise the video merely in order to argue with them and question their motivation?

I am confused. The video was critiqued, then you got upset. Why post the video in the first place?[/quote]

Posted it for other trainers to see. I guess there are one or two that saw it. Not to claim “perfect form” or perfect training. And I commented on the “critiques” I disagreed with, especially when they are coming from people who never trained a person or when they are constantly contradicting themselves.

[quote]kaeosali wrote:
Christian,

Thanks for the input.

The video you saw was put up just for the purpose. I assure you the final video will have good form.

The clients are not athletes, just regular girls from hair stylests to teachers training 1 - 2 a week. There form has been improving from week to week. [/quote]

If they are not athletes why are you training them like athletes?

I see you like Joe De Franco and are training them in that fashion(which is great…im fan of his too) but Joe trains athletes. Im sure your clients want to be trained for aesthetics…

I learned this to late myself. when i first started doing squats, bent over rows, dead lifts, etc. I was always told to look up or straight ahead…which was WRONG and wrecked my neck…for the last couple years I do what Christian wrote…neck in line with spine on all those lifts I mentioned…

[quote]mtotry wrote:

I learned this to late myself. when i first started doing squats, bent over rows, dead lifts, etc. I was always told to look up or straight ahead…which was WRONG and wrecked my neck…for the last couple years I do what Christian wrote…neck in line with spine on all those lifts I mentioned…[/quote]

It feels soooooo much better doesn’t it? With rows, you end up looking about 3-4 feet in front of you correct?

yes exactly…kind of like christian said whatever direction your spine is…your neck is aligned…

bentover rows you could be looking straight down…but if you do them like dorian yates style not all the way down, then yes you would be looking 3-4 feet away…

How do you fix tail-under on squat? I have the same problem, never thought it was an issue, especially with the way “A2G” is promoted here.

Is it an hip mobility issue? Can overhead squatting fix this?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
kaeosali wrote:
Five stars on that response! You are correct in that the weight isn’t “too heavy” so the risk of injury is very low. The girls are all reaching there goals.

It’s besides the point; using light weights doesn’t validate/legitimate using bad form. With every rep performed, either with just the empty bar or a world record, should be as close to perfection as possible.

When I was competing in olympic lifting we would warm-up with just the bar, and if the form was not picture perfect we could not move on to our work sets.[/quote]

I can’t do proper form on olifs without some weight on the bar. It screws with the motion. Maybe I’m the oddity though haha.

Our clients train to be heathier and stronger.

[quote] Christian wrote: - They all have an hyperextended neck when deadlifting. The head should be kept in line with the spine (neutral).

I learned this to late myself. when i first started doing squats, bent over rows, dead lifts, etc. I was always told to look up or straight ahead…which was WRONG and wrecked my neck…for the last couple years I do what Christian wrote…neck in line with spine on all those lifts I mentioned… [/quote]

correct see attached photo…

pop quiz what is a hyperextended neck

And I really love how there are no comments about the photo examples on a platform deadlift and box squat that I posted.

[quote]kaeosali wrote:
If they are not athletes why are you training them like athletes?

Our clients train to be heathier and stronger.

Christian wrote: - They all have an hyperextended neck when deadlifting. The head should be kept in line with the spine (neutral).

I learned this to late myself. when i first started doing squats, bent over rows, dead lifts, etc. I was always told to look up or straight ahead…which was WRONG and wrecked my neck…for the last couple years I do what Christian wrote…neck in line with spine on all those lifts I mentioned…

correct see attached photo…

pop quiz what is a hyperextended neck

And I really love how there are no comments about the photo examples on a platform deadlift and box squat that I posted.

[/quote]

It’s not hyperextended. And that is not the actual starting position. This shot was taken when I selected my focus point on the wall. The head is then readjusted.