Video Games Thread

Yeah, I actually started final fantasy 12 but my (first generation) playstation 2 caught fire… not really wanting to invest in a new one so I bought a 360

I’ve been playing STALKER, which seems to be having trouble with my copy of Windows Vista (damn you Microsoft!). Also CSS.

It’s getting to the stage again when I need to upgrade my pc :frowning:

I found my old gameboy advance…and I’ve been addicted to Fire Emblem. I left my PS2 at home, so I haven’t played it in a while. I’m sure that’ll change once finals are over.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
I’m still playing Oblivion and San Andreas.[/quote]

I think my overuse of cheat codes (damn it’s fun to fly) has caused me to be stuck in the same place in that game. There are no new challenges popping up so all I end up doing is running from cops, killing people and flying around listening to 90’s rap music…which ain’t so bad.

God Of War II is the shit. I haven’t beat it yet (because I only play it on weekends), but I have reached the Sisters of Fate. That game deserves an award.

[quote]BiG BeN wrote:
looking forward to GTA:4 now that the trailer is out. [/quote]

Where’s the trailer?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BiG BeN wrote:
looking forward to GTA:4 now that the trailer is out.

Where’s the trailer?[/quote]

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/827/827005/vids_1.html

This game looks absolutely fucking awesome!!!

Oh, and I’m currently playing GRAW 2, GoW (looking fwd to the new maps this week) FEAR, COD3 and CrackDown.

Picking up Spider-Man 3 on Friday, and I’m in the Halo 3 beta starting May 15th. Then it’s The Darkness in June and of course, Mass Effect in September. I can’t wait for that game.

Halo 3, Bio-Shock, Kane and Lynch, Army of Two, Stranglehold…it’s going to be good for gamers this fall. : )

We have a bar in town that has 2 old school NES systems and a bunch of old games you can play for free. My buddy and I wasted 4 hours playing Double Dragon, Contra (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start), and Battletoads. Long live 8 bit graphics and a control pad with only 2 buttons.

Right now im waiting for Spiderman 3 CE. Should get that friday. currently been playing KH2 FM+ and Oblivion.

I just finished up GRAW 2 and now I just picked up Tiger Woods 07 on sale. Great game. My room mates play the shit out of it.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BiG BeN wrote:

Where’s the trailer?

This game looks absolutely fucking awesome!!!

Oh, and I’m currently playing GRAW 2, GoW (looking fwd to the new maps this week) FEAR, COD3 and CrackDown.

Picking up Spider-Man 3 on Friday, and I’m in the Halo 3 beta starting May 15th. Then it’s The Darkness in June and of course, Mass Effect in September. I can’t wait for that game.

Halo 3, Bio-Shock, Kane and Lynch, Army of Two, Stranglehold…it’s going to be good for gamers this fall. : )[/quote]

I heard Crackdown was decent…but the guy I heard it from is a die hard gamer and thinks everything is worth playing. If it is that good, that may be the only thing that settles whether I get an X-box over a PS3. They are putting Spiderman 3 out on PS2 at least.

Free roaming games are what I like best.

And no one has mentioned any excitement towards Halo 3? Wow. I’ll be gettin a 360 just for that.

I’m looking forward to Half Life 2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, my favorite franchise UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2007, and Crysis. I like pretty FPSs.

On a side note does ANYONE wish to comment on the addictive grip World of Warcraft has? I don’t play it but I’ve lost a few friends to the dark side. Maybe lost is a strong word to choose but one of my friends has lost all interest in lifting, sports, women, and pretty much anything that involves leaving his computer.

Shit…he doesn’t even play anything on his PS3. He keeps it under a hand towel so dust won’t get on it and keeps it right on his desk plugged into his 24’ monitor. I’m relatively sure I could take it, leave a few dead squirrels under that hand towel, and not have him notice his hoisted PS3 for a week or two.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BiG BeN wrote:

Where’s the trailer?[/quote]

Try IGN.com or this magical thing called YouTube.

Gears of War

UEFA champions league

Unreal championship 2

and xbox live arcade titles.

Crackdown is the fucking shit!! sweet sweet game. my dude can lift things 10 tonnes and throw them 200 feet.

GRAW2 - finished
Saints Row - finished
GoW - gold but finished on all but insane
Fight Night 3 - awesome super tits game
Godfather - older but love it to death

SPORE hurry uuuuup!!!

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Gears of War

UEFA champions league

Unreal championship 2

and xbox live arcade titles.[/quote]

Dude I’ve got yet to add you to my friends list. Look up “beebuddy” cause I forget your GT. Anyway, my 360 is toast and I am waiting for a new one so I won’t be on for a week or two.

Gears of war, great game and for a blast Moto GP 06.

I’m avoiding it like the plague as I don’t believe I could escape the hold it would have over me.

Should have mentioned half life (the original) earlier. Best first person shooter ever.

OMC

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
And no one has mentioned any excitement towards Halo 3? Wow. I’ll be gettin a 360 just for that.

I’m looking forward to Half Life 2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, my favorite franchise UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2007, and Crysis. I like pretty FPSs.

On a side note does ANYONE wish to comment on the addictive grip World of Warcraft has? I don’t play it but I’ve lost a few friends to the dark side. Maybe lost is a strong word to choose but one of my friends has lost all interest in lifting, sports, women, and pretty much anything that involves leaving his computer.

Shit…he doesn’t even play anything on his PS3. He keeps it under a hand towel so dust won’t get on it and keeps it right on his desk plugged into his 24’ monitor. I’m relatively sure I could take it, leave a few dead squirrels under that hand towel, and not have him notice his hoisted PS3 for a week or two. [/quote]

GTA 4 looks awesome. Rockstar keep setting the standard for these games. I’ll have to wait for PC. Any clue when that due out?

I’m completely addicted to Gears of War. It’s the only thing I’ve been playing since I got it in November. I actually have a few games that my fiance got me for Christmas that I haven’t even put in my 360 yet because all I want to play is gears.

I’m not normally an achievement point whore but I have no intention of stopping until I get the full 1000 out of gears. I’m only at 40% so I have a ways to go.

Americas’s Army and Battlefield 2142. I just play online for hours, especially AA. I love the realism. Reminds me of playing paintball.