Video Game Movies SUCK!

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

on another note, the movie HURTLOCKER made me laugh… they shouldve had somebody that was actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.[/quote]

I know. What a HUGE failure that movie was.[/quote]

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/03/02/hurt-locker/[/quote]

I’m aware of this controversy. My point is that it was a huge success and a great movie. It didn’t need “somebody actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.” . I was evidently good enough without it.

It’s a fuckin movie. It doesn’t have to be 100% accurate depiction of real events.[/quote]

Yeah, there’s a lot of that in the story. It wasn’t a “but look at this!” link it pretty much just discusses both sides so I thought I’d post it.

[quote]Chewwy wrote:
I thought Resident Evil was pretty good. Max Payne was alright but a tad weird, with the crazy flying angel/devil things, I swear there were no crazy flying angel/devil things in the Max Payne game, wtf was that all about? Also, I watched the last 20 minutes of Silent Hill a couple of nights ago, seems like a pretty sick film, must remember to watch the rest of it at some point.

I also thought the Super Mario Bros. film was amazing, I just searched it on Wikipedia and aparently it is in Time’s top 10 worst video game movies, but then again, I was 4 when it came out…

Here’s the full list of Time’s Top 10 Worst Video Game Movies:

1. House of the Dead (2003)
  2. Wing Commander (1999)
  3. In the Name of the King (2007)
  4. Hitman (2007)
  5. Doom (2005)
  6. BloodRayne (2006)
  7. Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
  8. Double Dragon (1994)
  9. Street Fighter (1994)
  10. Super Mario Bros. (1993)

Shamefully, I also quite enjoyed Street Fighter.[/quote]

As did I. I still would watch Street Fighter today.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
God of War and who plays Kratos, since it comes out today? I vote for Vin, he has the voice and body type. And I was reading in last months Game informer about the failures of Movies off video games. The problem was stated that the video games producers were taking to much of the control of the movies, instead of letting real film makers do the movies. Supposedly the Prince of Persia was to be the first one that is following this model. Have to wait and see. [/quote]

Has the shape and the look but no acting range whatsoever. He would be the most heavily sedated Kratos ever. Kratos needs to be amped and really, really pissed. That guy from Gladiator (African) his name has been thrown around quite a bit. I would like to see the dude from HBO’s Rome (Ray Stevensen) He played Punisher in that last gawd awful Punisher movie.[/quote]

Yea I agree and could see both guys. I was just thinking that this is not going to be a real dialogue type of movie and more physical. Ray Stevensen has the height but not the body. The guy from Gladiator did that MMA movie and would do a good job. What about the guy who is doing the Clash of the Titans? Man I miss the old days when there were actors that just fit the part. Cant even think about a western without Eastwood etc. [/quote]

How about John Cena as Kratos? He could probably fit the look and I’m betting the movie is gonna rely on monsters, special effects and 3D more than acting.

I wish they’d just use a foam muscle suit like they used in Fantastic four, Hellboy and Batman…

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

on another note, the movie HURTLOCKER made me laugh… they shouldve had somebody that was actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.[/quote]

I know. What a HUGE failure that movie was.[/quote]

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/03/02/hurt-locker/[/quote]

I’m aware of this controversy. My point is that it was a huge success and a great movie. It didn’t need “somebody actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.” . I was evidently good enough without it.

It’s a fuckin movie. It doesn’t have to be 100% accurate depiction of real events.[/quote]

Yeah, there’s a lot of that in the story. It wasn’t a “but look at this!” link it pretty much just discusses both sides so I thought I’d post it.
[/quote]

Gotcha.

[quote]thrasher wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
God of War and who plays Kratos, since it comes out today? I vote for Vin, he has the voice and body type. And I was reading in last months Game informer about the failures of Movies off video games. The problem was stated that the video games producers were taking to much of the control of the movies, instead of letting real film makers do the movies. Supposedly the Prince of Persia was to be the first one that is following this model. Have to wait and see. [/quote]

Has the shape and the look but no acting range whatsoever. He would be the most heavily sedated Kratos ever. Kratos needs to be amped and really, really pissed. That guy from Gladiator (African) his name has been thrown around quite a bit. I would like to see the dude from HBO’s Rome (Ray Stevensen) He played Punisher in that last gawd awful Punisher movie.[/quote]

Yea I agree and could see both guys. I was just thinking that this is not going to be a real dialogue type of movie and more physical. Ray Stevensen has the height but not the body. The guy from Gladiator did that MMA movie and would do a good job. What about the guy who is doing the Clash of the Titans? Man I miss the old days when there were actors that just fit the part. Cant even think about a western without Eastwood etc. [/quote]

How about John Cena as Kratos? He could probably fit the look and I’m betting the movie is gonna rely on monsters, special effects and 3D more than acting.

I wish they’d just use a foam muscle suit like they used in Fantastic four, Hellboy and Batman…[/quote]

I got GOW last night and played for awhile. Started thinking about this thread. Kratos is not that “jacked” yes he is developed but more like weak side linebacker. Ethnicity is hard to determine due to the fact he is kind of pale from being killed so many times. Facial features could be white, black or both. Cena is to big compared to what the latest version of the GOW series.

the thing that most pissed me off, was all the close girls i know talking: OMG HE’S SO BUFF AND HUGE.

Look at his veins