Video Game Movies SUCK!

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

on another note, the movie HURTLOCKER made me laugh… they shouldve had somebody that was actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.[/quote]

I know. What a HUGE failure that movie was.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

on another note, the movie HURTLOCKER made me laugh… they shouldve had somebody that was actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.[/quote]

I know. What a HUGE failure that movie was.[/quote]

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/03/02/hurt-locker/

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/03/02/hurt-locker/
[/quote]

There has to be some irony with talking Hurt Locker and it’s inaccurate depictions in a thread about video game movies.

The anime Street Fighter movies weren’t that bad. The latest one though… a stinker.

They need to make a Turok movie.

I actually watched and like all three Resident Evils simply because of my girl Milla.

God of War and who plays Kratos, since it comes out today? I vote for Vin, he has the voice and body type. And I was reading in last months Game informer about the failures of Movies off video games. The problem was stated that the video games producers were taking to much of the control of the movies, instead of letting real film makers do the movies. Supposedly the Prince of Persia was to be the first one that is following this model. Have to wait and see.

Regardless of the hate for Gyllenhaal playing a Persian(I still think it’s retarded…as well as the princess character)…I will hold most of my criticism until after I actually watch it. Only because Prince of Persia does look to be a very well thought out and produced movie.

If Bruckheimer can turn a fucking theme park attraction into a blockbuster movie…I’m sure he can work wonders with a video game.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
Double Dragon was a fun flick, especially since it had Allyssa Milano in it. [/quote]

Haven’t seen it, but suddenly want to.

Most video game movies suffer the problem of the director/studio changing the details so much it barely resembles the game that people liked so much that it led to the film being made in the first place. The target audience is alienated and the casual audience don’t want to see it because it’s based on a video game. Comic book movies suffer the same fate a lot of the time.

I think Jason Statham could pull off Kratos.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
I think Jason Statham could pull off Kratos.[/quote]

N…O…!

[quote]DJHT wrote:
God of War and who plays Kratos, since it comes out today? I vote for Vin, he has the voice and body type. And I was reading in last months Game informer about the failures of Movies off video games. The problem was stated that the video games producers were taking to much of the control of the movies, instead of letting real film makers do the movies. Supposedly the Prince of Persia was to be the first one that is following this model. Have to wait and see. [/quote]

Has the shape and the look but no acting range whatsoever. He would be the most heavily sedated Kratos ever. Kratos needs to be amped and really, really pissed. That guy from Gladiator (African) his name has been thrown around quite a bit. I would like to see the dude from HBO’s Rome (Ray Stevensen) He played Punisher in that last gawd awful Punisher movie.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
God of War and who plays Kratos, since it comes out today? I vote for Vin, he has the voice and body type. And I was reading in last months Game informer about the failures of Movies off video games. The problem was stated that the video games producers were taking to much of the control of the movies, instead of letting real film makers do the movies. Supposedly the Prince of Persia was to be the first one that is following this model. Have to wait and see. [/quote]

Has the shape and the look but no acting range whatsoever. He would be the most heavily sedated Kratos ever. Kratos needs to be amped and really, really pissed. That guy from Gladiator (African) his name has been thrown around quite a bit. I would like to see the dude from HBO’s Rome (Ray Stevensen) He played Punisher in that last gawd awful Punisher movie.[/quote]

Yea I agree and could see both guys. I was just thinking that this is not going to be a real dialogue type of movie and more physical. Ray Stevensen has the height but not the body. The guy from Gladiator did that MMA movie and would do a good job. What about the guy who is doing the Clash of the Titans? Man I miss the old days when there were actors that just fit the part. Cant even think about a western without Eastwood etc.

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/03/02/hurt-locker/[/quote]

I’m aware of this controversy. My point is that it was a huge success and a great movie. It didn’t need “somebody actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.” . I was evidently good enough without it.

It’s a fuckin movie. It doesn’t have to be 100% accurate depiction of real events.

What about the guy from Prison Break??

[quote]Therizza wrote:

Not the correct voice or accent. Plus dude is too short.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
What about the guy from Prison Break?? [/quote]

Didnt he do the last Blade? I dont know could be how it was written, not every actor can fix a shitty script.

It would be pretty hard to make Metal Gear into just one movie considering there was about a days worth of video in the game but they should definitely give it a go.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Didnt he do the last Blade? I dont know could be how it was written, not every actor can fix a shitty script. [/quote]

Yeah,Blade III was a pile of shit…I definitely wouldn’t put any blame on Purcell for that crap.

He does have the look…maybe the build that could add a few pounds of muscle with no problem. I just wonder how “intense” he can be in playing Kratos.

Casting Kratos will be very tough job. The chances of fucking it up are most likely 99%…lol.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Didnt he do the last Blade? I dont know could be how it was written, not every actor can fix a shitty script. [/quote]

Yeah,Blade III was a pile of shit…I definitely wouldn’t put any blame on Purcell for that crap.

He does have the look…maybe the build that could add a few pounds of muscle with no problem. I just wonder how “intense” he can be in playing Kratos.

Casting Kratos will be very tough job. The chances of fucking it up are most likely 99%…lol. [/quote]

I agree and this whole thread comes down to the screen play and how it is written also. Video games are really not big sales for the story. I just see Vin because of Pitch Black movie. Not the Fast and Furious

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]Therizza wrote:

N…O…!
[/quote]

was worth a shot… lol