Video Game Movies SUCK!

The last Prince of Persia game sucked and the movie doesn’t look much better, starring Jake Gyllen-small.

Has anybody here seen a video game made into a movie that was decent or they at least actually liked? I liked the first Tomb Raider, Resident Evil was alright, DOOM was DUMB.

I don’t understand why they hired a white actor to play a Persian and talk in a fake Brittish accent. That alone will force me to not watch this.

That Final Fantasy 7 movie was great… if you took acid prior to watching it.
The one before it, I thought, was pretty good relative to other v.game movies. That makes it a pretty good piece of shit.

I honestly sat and thought for a whole 2 minutes, but couldn’t come up with a single movie I thought was plain old good. RE and Tomb Raider 2 came the closest for me, but still no dice.

They don’t license these properties to make a good film out of them, they do it leach of a fanbase and a market niche that find the name familiar. It’s a shame. DOOM had so much potential with the Hell portal storyline. Max Payne too (when I played those games it practically felt like a movie).

I wouldn’t be surprised if they made an MGS film one day, everyone goes into the theatre thinking “there’s no way they can fuck this up”, and proceed to watch 3 hours of diarrhea moose shit. Actually no I would be surprised, there’s no way they can fuck an MGS film up.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I don’t understand why they hired a white actor to play a Persian and talk in a fake Brittish accent. That alone will force me to not watch this.[/quote]

I’m half Persian myself. I think Glynehall could actually pass for Persian, or at least half. Especially with the right make up. Combine that with the fact that he’s a pretty big name…

The British accent doesn’t phase me either, I’m used to it by now. Can’t remember the last time I watched a time-period epic/movie where royalty spoke English in ‘the right accent’. Think about it, Indian prince talking in an Indian accent, Chinese prince in a ‘Chinese’ accent. If anything me not having to here some actor totally butcher a Persian or Arab accent is one less reason to not watch the film.

What about resident evil movie, my friend thinks it was ok.

Silent Hill was sort of cool. The first Mortal Kombat movie was great back in the day.

Movies like Hitman and Max Payne are pretty terrible though.

The Warcraft movie will be sick whenever the hell it will come out.

[quote]rundymc wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I don’t understand why they hired a white actor to play a Persian and talk in a fake Brittish accent. That alone will force me to not watch this.[/quote]

I’m half Persian myself. I think Glynehall could actually pass for Persian, or at least half. Especially with the right make up. Combine that with the fact that he’s a pretty big name…

The British accent doesn’t phase me either, I’m used to it by now. Can’t remember the last time I watched a time-period epic/movie where royalty spoke English in ‘the right accent’. Think about it, Indian prince talking in an Indian accent, Chinese prince in a ‘Chinese’ accent. If anything me not having to here some actor totally butcher a Persian or Arab accent is one less reason to not watch the film.[/quote]

I’m all Persian and Jake Gyllenhaal wouldn’t pass as Persian, half Persian, or a quarter Persian anywhere… do you even know what the guy looks like? I can believe if you throw enough makeup on him then maybe they can adjust his features etc… and he could pass as halfish.

As far as an MGS movie I believe a script has been written for one or its been announced or something like that… Basically its going to be made.

Was Blade Runner a movie or a video game first? Honest question I can’t remember and don’t feel like googling dates.

Wing Commander can be thrown in the list of “not bad” video game movies, I wouldn’t call it good though. Blood Rayne too maybe?(The 1st, the 2nd is definitely a horrible bad movie)

[quote]rundymc wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they made an MGS film one day, everyone goes into the theatre thinking “there’s no way they can fuck this up”, and proceed to watch 3 hours of diarrhea moose shit. Actually no I would be surprised, there’s no way they can fuck an MGS film up. [/quote]

It will be fucked up if they don’t cast Hugh Jackman as snake, his physique and face are exactly perfect.

I’d much rather see this guy as Prince.

[quote]Amiright wrote:

[quote]rundymc wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

The British accent doesn’t phase me either, I’m used to it by now. Can’t remember the last time I watched a time-period epic/movie where royalty spoke English in ‘the right accent’. Think about it, Indian prince talking in an Indian accent, Chinese prince in a ‘Chinese’ accent. If anything me not having to here some actor totally butcher a Persian or Arab accent is one less reason to not watch the film.[/quote]

I’m all Persian and Jake Gyllenhaal wouldn’t pass as Persian, half Persian, or a quarter Persian anywhere… do you even know what the guy looks like? I can believe if you throw enough makeup on him then maybe they can adjust his features etc… and he could pass as halfish.

As far as an MGS movie I believe a script has been written for one or its been announced or something like that… Basically its going to be made.
[/quote]

Dunno. He’s got the eyes and the nose to pass for one (close one on the nose). Btw, the guy’s google images is quite a collection of gheyish pics.

[quote]red04 wrote:
Was Blade Runner a movie or a video game first? Honest question I can’t remember and don’t feel like googling dates.

Wing Commander can be thrown in the list of “not bad” video game movies, I wouldn’t call it good though. Blood Rayne too maybe?(The 1st, the 2nd is definitely a horrible bad movie)[/quote]

Blade Runner was a movie. Google it, Harrison Ford starred.

blade runner was a book first.

Mortal Kombat was an awesome movie (if you were eleven years old when it came out)

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Pretty white dude will sell tickets more than an Arab is my guess.

on another note, the movie HURTLOCKER made me laugh… they shouldve had somebody that was actually in the Army present when they wrote some of those scenes.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:
blade runner was a book first.

Mortal Kombat was an awesome movie (if you were eleven years old when it came out)[/quote]

I was 8.
It still sucked.

I thought Resident Evil was pretty good. Max Payne was alright but a tad weird, with the crazy flying angel/devil things, I swear there were no crazy flying angel/devil things in the Max Payne game, wtf was that all about? Also, I watched the last 20 minutes of Silent Hill a couple of nights ago, seems like a pretty sick film, must remember to watch the rest of it at some point.

I also thought the Super Mario Bros. film was amazing, I just searched it on Wikipedia and aparently it is in Time’s top 10 worst video game movies, but then again, I was 4 when it came out…

Here’s the full list of Time’s Top 10 Worst Video Game Movies:

1. House of the Dead (2003)
  2. Wing Commander (1999)
  3. In the Name of the King (2007)
  4. Hitman (2007)
  5. Doom (2005)
  6. BloodRayne (2006)
  7. Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
  8. Double Dragon (1994)
  9. Street Fighter (1994)
  10. Super Mario Bros. (1993)

Shamefully, I also quite enjoyed Street Fighter.

Any movie made by Uwe Boll is shit. Liquid, burning your asshole, shit. I actually enjoyed Wing Commander, Hitman, Doom, and the Resident Evil series. Another one was Silent Hill. That movie was sick. It was unfortunate that they screwed up Street Fighter back in the day. It truly hurt my heart that that mockery was Raul Julia’s last performance before dying. Double Dragon was a fun flick, especially since it had Allyssa Milano in it. As a kid, I was always hoping they would make a movie based on Contra, or Ninja Gaiden, or Streets of Rage. Based on the track record of video game movies, though, I would be all kinds of leery.

And I was also taken aback at the sight of Jake G. playing the Prince of Persia. Still scratching my head on that one.

[quote]rundymc wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

Wing Commander can be thrown in the list of “not bad” video game movies, I wouldn’t call it good though. Blood Rayne too maybe?(The 1st, the 2nd is definitely a horrible bad movie)[/quote]

Blade Runner was a movie. Google it, Harrison Ford starred.[/quote]

Wasn’t Bladerunner a book first?
“Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” anyone?