Video: 585 DL Failed at Lockout, 204 BW

Deadlifts today, 555 & 565 easy as hell (both PR’s), then failed a few inches away from lockout with 585. Watch my shitty hip drive in action!

For the past 2 months I’ve switched entirely to an olympic lifting program, so this is the second time I’ve deadlifted since June. I realize my form might not be the best.

Stats:
6’5"
204 lbs
20 years old

Fuuuuuuck
That’s a long way to pull.
See if you can get some hip thrusts in.

Ever consider you did 2 PR lifts BEFORE you tried 585? Why not just go from 555 to 585? or 500 to 565 or something similar? And gain some weight, will def help.

[quote]Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
Ever consider you did 2 PR lifts BEFORE you tried 585? Why not just go from 555 to 585? or 500 to 565 or something similar? And gain some weight, will def help. [/quote]

wasn’t planning to go for 585 at all actually. My previous best was 550, so after I hit 555 I just felt like 565 was the next step. And that felt easy, so I figured why not give 6 plates a shot? I’m trying to bulk, but the more I eat, the more my metabolism speeds up. It’s a curse. Or a tapeworm.

Nice pull regardless, just seems like you were fatigued.

To gain weight, the only way is squats and milk.

[quote]vali wrote:

To gain weight, the only way is squats and milk.[/quote]

Thanks dude! I squat 3x a week (oly program). I might have to buy a weight gainer like quickmass or something, I can’t physically eat more than I do because (a) I can’t really afford it and (b) I don’t have much time at work to be eating meals

Nice. If you want to gain weight, try to get on a program that will help you gain mass, Bump up your assistance, and rethink the way you eat!

If you don’t go out to eat very often, and bring food with you all the time, you’ll be surprised how much money you save.

[quote]nietzsche420 wrote:
wasn’t planning to go for 585 at all actually. My previous best was 550, so after I hit 555 I just felt like 565 was the next step. And that felt easy, so I figured why not give 6 plates a shot?[/quote]

And you came damn close to getting it! Don’t forget that.
Try to learn how to lock your legs out last.

Solid Work!

[quote]Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
Ever consider you did 2 PR lifts BEFORE you tried 585? Why not just go from 555 to 585? or 500 to 565 or something similar? And gain some weight, will def help. [/quote]

wasn’t planning to go for 585 at all actually. My previous best was 550, so after I hit 555 I just felt like 565 was the next step. And that felt easy, so I figured why not give 6 plates a shot? I’m trying to bulk, but the more I eat, the more my metabolism speeds up. It’s a curse. Or a tapeworm.[/quote]

finish every meal with a weight gainer shake

meet steak, potatoes, and bourbon. they are your friends.

srsly though, solid work, you almost had it. ever tried reverse band pulls? loved them for lockout work.

[quote]vali wrote:

To gain weight, the only way is squats and milk.[/quote]

Thanks dude! I squat 3x a week (oly program). I might have to buy a weight gainer like quickmass or something, I can’t physically eat more than I do because (a) I can’t really afford it and (b) I don’t have much time at work to be eating meals[/quote]

Good pulling [attempt] and PRs man. As for gaining weight, if you don’t already, you may wanna get int he habit of using a blender. Granted, depending on your work situation it may not work at all there, but at home, it’s an easy way to slam 1000+ calories cheap and fast. I start just about every day with a big shake, since solid food just doesn’t agree with me early in the day (except pancakes).