Vid: Benched 275 for 4 Reps & 305 for 2

decided to film my bench work today.

gonna try to aim for at least 1 more rep the next time i bench! :slight_smile:

Keep them feet planted homie

tha nks bro ! always appreciating comments i tried to keep myself planted! :slight_smile:

Also, there’s a thread for PRs, the title is “training for personal records” post your prs there instead of creating a new thread just for yourself…

youtube “so you think you can bench”

thanks man i didnt know that! just joined this site its really cool :slight_smile: gonna go there instead i really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Go to Elitefts.com and watch the videos on how to bench. They will teach you to stay more tight, shoulders together, row the bar, initiate an arch, ect. This will help you out a lot since you bench extremely loose and with poor form.

GJ on the PR though, not dissing your effort or accomplishments but recommending tweaks. Since youre interested in PL you should use a bench style like one.

Sweet achillies thanks a lot man! will definitely check! i really need to improve!

You’d definitely be good for more weight if you nail form down. Good stuff either way! And wow my head exploded watching the 2nd rep at 305 lol.

thank you man ! i really want to learn the technique (: yeah that second rep was very sloppy haha i really must work more on it :slight_smile: i am proud of my 275 for 4 though that felt really good!

[quote]danthamansky wrote:
thank you man ! i really want to learn the technique (: yeah that second rep was very sloppy haha i really must work more on it :slight_smile: i am proud of my 275 for 4 though that felt really good![/quote]

Not that the 2nd rep was sloppy, but it was the definition of a grinder. You must have had a sick and twisted spotter to force you through that lol.

Form would give you so much more weight, props on getting as strong as you are now, its better than 99% of gym goers.

Your feet are to far in front of you, you have no way to push through your heels, flex your glutes and drive through your back.
You need to tighten those shoulder blades…Alot.
You have no arch or a small one if any, work on that, the feet will help, everything needs to be tighter.
Each rep should look like machinework, down, then up. Smooth, controlled, body tight, nothing shaking or flopping around. Every rep should look like a single rep, work on this and benching will become second nature and the pounds will keep piling on.
Good job, and keep going

haha yeah the spotter was some random guy i asked at the gym who was doing half reps on decline bench with 3 plates on each side XD

bignate thanks a lot man! i really appreciate it! i remember i read and watched the form for bench how if you tighten your shoulder blades it would help, as well as your lats play a role too and keeping your feet and heels on floor will help drive! i definitely need to get used to it (: i really appreciate and love the comments guys it really helps out and motivates me! :slight_smile: god bless all of you and keep working out!

haha yeah the spotter was some random guy i asked at the gym who was doing half reps on decline bench with 3 plates on each side XD

bignate thanks a lot man! i really appreciate it! i remember i read and watched the form for bench how if you tighten your shoulder blades it would help, as well as your lats play a role too and keeping your feet and heels on floor will help drive! i definitely need to get used to it (: i really appreciate and love the comments guys it really helps out and motivates me! :slight_smile: god bless all of you and keep working out![/quote]

With regard to the lats…not really if you are lifting raw(no bench shirt). Shirted lifting is a very different feel to raw…it’s almost like you are rowing the bar into you on the descent. Whereas with raw benching it’s your upper back muscles that provide more support.

[quote]Caltene wrote:

bignate thanks a lot man! i really appreciate it! i remember i read and watched the form for bench how if you tighten your shoulder blades it would help, as well as your lats play a role too and keeping your feet and heels on floor will help drive! i definitely need to get used to it (: i really appreciate and love the comments guys it really helps out and motivates me! :slight_smile: god bless all of you and keep working out![/quote]

With regard to the lats…not really if you are lifting raw(no bench shirt). Shirted lifting is a very different feel to raw…it’s almost like you are rowing the bar into you on the descent. Whereas with raw benching it’s your upper back muscles that provide more support.[/quote]

Well… a little more accurately, the lats are important for both raw and shirted benchers, but more so for shirted. It’ll also depend on how much you decide to tuck you’re elbows and how much you arch.

Strong Bench workout! You definitely have more weight in you if you tweak the form a little too. That grinder at 305 must have you in pain today!

Nice.

thanks for the help everyone! im actually feeling really good today :slight_smile: normally when i get a good chest workout my chest is really sore, but today its not.

Nice stuff.

I hate spotters that force that grind. I prefer having a bit of bar speed. Made me mad just watching it!

I always tell my spotter that if the bar actually goes down at any part of the concentric to just quickly rack it. If it’s stuck and not moving down then I’ll tell them to give me a nudge because that’s all it takes in that case. It’s not worth the risk to my shoulder is the way I feel about it.

i told him specifically any second he sees i dont get the rep on my own just lift it up, id rather get them on my own then have him do what he did, but he didnt listen :frowning: it sucks when they cant communicate!! haha :slight_smile: