Victoria, BC Police Brutality

The guy sat down, before he could get his head around having to assume the prone position the 1st cop ran at him to turn him over. Who here would not struggle due to involuntary reaction “fight or flight”.

Just because someone struggles does not mean they are intent on inflicting harm, he reacted naturally to a preceived threat and struggled.

I lived on the island and in Vancouver, the Vancouver Police have had case after case of butality video’d.
Many times the force was obsessive and the chief continually backed up their actions.

A boss should go to the wall for his guys, but the police also should be held to a higher standard.

I pushed my daughter to be a cop for many years, but gave up after this began happening, the public stops respecting the police.

This is not professional behaviour, kicking and kneeing this individual could have done serious harm.

The job of the police is to protect the public, sometimes protect someone from themselves and they they certainly need to protect themselves. There was no protection from anything here.

He was seated and of lessened threat. There was no attempt by the police contain the level of aggression.

I believe in the death penalty, in swift and severe punishment for violent crimes, but this is assault by someone in a position of power and authority that needs to be delt with or the police lose control.

The two officers seemed to have the guy in the street under control even though he seemed to be resisting. Nothing stood out that justified the yellow-vested officer to come and stomp the guy.

The guy in the grass was complying…nothing stood out that justified him being kicked in the face and kneed in the spine.

It’s sad when the vast majority of people have skewered views of law enforcement and use of force on BOTH ends of the spectrum.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
The two officers seemed to have the guy in the street under control even though he seemed to be resisting. Nothing stood out that justified the yellow-vested officer to come and stomp the guy.

The guy in the grass was complying…nothing stood out that justified him being kicked in the face and kneed in the spine.

It’s sad when the vast majority of people have skewered views of law enforcement and use of force on BOTH ends of the spectrum.[/quote]

You just have to know how to boil the frog.
[/quote]

The water is only lukewarm right now. So maybe there is some hope.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

It’s sad when the vast majority of people have skewered views of law enforcement and use of force on BOTH ends of the spectrum.[/quote]

[/quote]

The water is only lukewarm right now. So maybe there is some hope. [/quote]

Well,it seems to be luke warm for you, but how long have you been sitting in there?

Inexcusable police brutality aside, I had no idea downtown Victoria had become such a shithole.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[/quote]

I believe the term is STEAM not BOIL.

Guys, it’s pretty obvious what the real problem here is. The police are using steroids! How else would you explain a police officer trying to subdue a non-cooperative suspect?? Roid-rage makes perfect sense.

Not that I agree with their actions, I’m 100% not going to start assuming things. We saw what, a 56second video (at least the one i saw) and have come to the conclusion that the cops are assholes. No one knows what went on before this. For all we know these guys just jumped an old lady and beat the fuck out of her and these 2 cops were dispatched to find them. If I encountered them… I’d beat the shit out of them too. - Just saying

I love how quick people are to jump to conclusions.

Appropriate force for a traffic violation? No.

Appropriate force for the situation at hand? Probably.

Initially, there were three officers responding to a group of six intoxicated adults, who had beat a man into a state of unconsciousness (the figure lying on the sidewalk in the video - I doubt most of you even saw this).

It was clearly a matter of public safety to get the situation under control as quickly as possible, however that needed to be done. The guy resisted, so measures were taken. He also clearly disobeyed previous orders (Off cam).

However, it is duly noted that (apparently) If some of you are ever the victim of a cowardly attack, and you are on the ground, unconscious, that you would prefer if the cops say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ to the perpetrators.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[/quote]

The water is only lukewarm right now. So maybe there is some hope. [/quote]

Well,it seems to be luke warm for you, but how long have you been sitting in there?

[/quote]

Rhetorical question,right?

[quote]glasses123 wrote:
It was clearly a matter of public safety to get the situation under control as quickly as possible, however that needed to be done. The guy resisted, so measures were taken. He also clearly disobeyed previous orders (Off cam).

However, it is duly noted that (apparently) If some of you are ever the victim of a cowardly attack, and you are on the ground, unconscious, that you would prefer if the cops say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ to the perpetrators.

[/quote]

Kicking a suspect who is already subdued…and/or complying is going beyond getting a situation under control…and gets into “punishment” territory.

You act as if there is nothing in between excessive force and being ignorantly nice. Even if a suspect previously disobeyed orders…it’s not law enforcement’s place to punish them for doing so when they are currently obeying and complying.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[/quote]

Great picture, it’s just a matter of time. Right. Sure. Get the people out of the way, we’ll come for the trees…all the best, the U.S.

edit: All grown men in yellow are a-holes.

What everyone needs to take away from this thread, if you don’t know this already, is that every single person has the same rights regardless of what they did. When one person’s rights are ignored some day yours may/will be if you let that shit slide. Divide and conquer. It will only be a matter of time until you’re not with the ‘In Crowd’, and then what will you do?

It looks to me like Tyler Archer -guy getting kicked- was trying to put his hands behind his back when they rolled him over.But It is also important to say that I know from my own experiences that Tyler had it coming. He went to school with me in grade 1 and he beat the shit out of the class Pinata before anyone else got a turn. I say he deserves whatever he gets and more!

[quote]pushharder wrote:
What’s more disgusting than the kicking by Yellow Shirt is the pass being given to him by the blind on this thread.

This is the kind of mindset that eventually leads to people just looking the other way as Jews are boarded on trains to destinations where work sets them free.[/quote]

Every argument will eventually have a cry of Nazi.

I do agree the kick was over the top, it didn’t seem he was resisting that much.

Completely unacceptable.

I lived in Victoria my whole life until this school year, and I know the downtown Police are subject to extreme stress, but nothing justifies those kicks, nothing. I know there is a directive saying not to taser drunk people because of an elevated risk of cardiac arrest, but I honestly don’t even think their “resistance” warranted a response anything near to that magnitude.

I’m happy that this was filmed, I hope there is strong disciplinary action.