Vicodin And Working Out

Hey fellas, my dentist prescribed me Vicodin and some antibiotics for the next couple of weeks. I have a bad molar. Just wondering if this is going to affect my workouts or gains.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ok no input thanks

hotjosh,

It is really hard to tell you how the vicodin might affect your workouts. What is the strength of the pill? how many are you taking at one time and how many in one day.
Vicodin effects everyone differently and as such it is difficult to say how it will affect you. Some people get very sedated when taking hydrocodone (one of the actual drugs in vicodin along with tylenol) or similar drugs.

The best advice is to take a dose and see how you feel. If you feel alert and oriented enought to lift go for it, but i wouldn’t take it for the first time and then hit the gym, it might hit you pretty hard and you won’t be able to lift as well.

your doc probably told you this already, but as a pharmacist i have to mention that you shouldn’t combine the medicine with alcohol as the combination could have additive effects.

[quote]hotjosh74 wrote:
Hey fellas, my dentist prescribed me Vicodin and some antibiotics for the next couple of weeks. I have a bad molar. Just wondering if this is going to affect my workouts or gains.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

I had root canal surgery last december and my dentist prescribed vicoden for me…

I took the recommended amount and sat in front of my TV and played tetris (other video games were too complicated for me in my drugged stupor)…

I can see why people get addicted to the stuff…all my cares in the world seemed to drift away and I felt really happy about my vegitative state…

in my opinion…taking vicodin before working out is a bad idea…after you workout…hell yeah!

[quote]hotjosh74 wrote:

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

It is generally recommended that you not operate any heavy machinery after taking a dose. In my opinion, that would include heavy ass weights.

Agreed Professor X.