Vices and Indulging

ice cream cones. i just frickn love the fact that we got one of those good-humor trucks driving around so much i turn into pavlov’v poodle when i hear the music …

also i have a tough time resisting really good heady’s quality bud. if it’s sativa i flat out cannot resist it.

the worst though is just good ol’ chicks. i love them all and too much is never enough but gets a little dicey and sucks way too much time -like more time than playin’ golf- when there’s too many on the string.

I just freaking love Pizza. Papa Johns is my favorite or any kind of specialty pizza places (i.e. Chicago style pizza).

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Bourbon - preferably Gentleman Jack, or Makers Mark. Especially when the kids are gone for a week and it’s me and Jana home alone. Lot’s of bourbon. [/quote]

rainjack - gentleman jack is tenessee whiskey. not bourbon. bourbon comes from bourbon ky. also tennessee and bourbon styles are distinguished by production:

basically in bourbon they distill then barrel age. in tennessee they distilled then filter through about 10 feet of sugar maple charcoal, then age in white oak barrels. the filtering really smooths it out. gentleman jack is charcoal filterd a second time after the barrel aging. really smooth.

sorry if i’m gettin’ all pedantic on your ass but i sell wine and spirits for a living. thought you might like to know but in the end who frickn gives a shit anyway.

so drink up buddy !

[quote]swivel wrote:
ice cream cones. i just frickn love the fact that we got one of those good-humor trucks driving around so much i turn into pavlov’v poodle when i hear the music …

[/quote]

I’ve often said that the ice cream man is a child molestor.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Bourbon - preferably Gentleman Jack, or Makers Mark. Especially when the kids are gone for a week and it’s me and Jana home alone. Lot’s of bourbon. [/quote]

Have you tried Basil Hayden’s? Expensive, but worth it - especially if you keep your consumption to the point where you can still discern gradations of taste… =-)

Booker’s is also very good.

Ice cold beer is definitely my vice of choice. I would also consider myself a beer snob. I’m a big fan of Yuengling’s Amber Lager as well as Honey Brown. Very tasty.

[quote] wrote:
Hot curries, Ales, and overly large helpings of cheesecake.

I just cant help myself… If someone has a curry, I’m right there with them. Then I need the beer to go with the curry… and then I get a cig on with the beer and end up making a night of it - eventually beer-snacking on cheesecake later on in the night.

Thank god I only do that about once a month though. :smiley:

begins drooling at the thought of Lamb or Chicken Madrass with onion bahji’s, bombay potatos, naan bread and addition meat to beef it up a bit[/quote]

You indian or have any indian friends/family?

The terms you used to name those typical indian foods are spot on.

3-7 cigars (preferably Cuban) a week MAX.

3-7 Diet Cokes a week Max.

These two vices keep me happy on my fitness diet.

[quote]swivel wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Bourbon - preferably Gentleman Jack, or Makers Mark. Especially when the kids are gone for a week and it’s me and Jana home alone. Lot’s of bourbon.

rainjack - gentleman jack is tenessee whiskey. not bourbon. bourbon comes from bourbon ky. also tennessee and bourbon styles are distinguished by production:

basically in bourbon they distill then barrel age. in tennessee they distilled then filter through about 10 feet of sugar maple charcoal, then age in white oak barrels. the filtering really smooths it out. gentleman jack is charcoal filterd a second time after the barrel aging. really smooth.

sorry if i’m gettin’ all pedantic on your ass but i sell wine and spirits for a living. thought you might like to know but in the end who frickn gives a shit anyway.

so drink up buddy ![/quote]

Tomato/tomahto. I realized that right after I posted. Bourbon comes from the KY county of the same name.

Whiskies for everyone. On me.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Have you tried Basil Hayden’s? Expensive, but worth it - especially if you keep your consumption to the point where you can still discern gradations of taste… =-)
[/quote]

I usually pass go after about 5 whiskey & waters, so I can only discern “gradations of taste” for a very short period of time. But I hear cigars and whiskey is quite a treat for the pallate.

Women and gambling.

I guess this explains why I have 2 credit cards that are maxed out.

Skoal Mint Longcut

…might be the death of me

wow the first fellow dipper besides myself, strange i cant do any of that sweet stuff like cherry and shit just the original fine cut which has a wintergreen flavor or copehangen snuff

I drink Sparks once in awhile. It’s like a Red Bull mix with booze. Get a strange buzz. Other than that, gotta go with Jack and Coke.

[quote]BigCorey75 wrote:
wow the first fellow dipper besides myself, strange i cant do any of that sweet stuff like cherry and shit just the original fine cut which has a wintergreen flavor or copehangen snuff[/quote]

I’m addicted to Copenhagen. Not proud of it. But I like it too much to quit.

[quote]HULKSTAR wrote:
Bailey’s irish creme on the rocks
Hot fudge sundae
grandma’s snicker doodles[/quote]

before i cleaned up my diet I had THE BIGGEST sweet tooth. add kahlua to that bailey’s and I’d be happy!! now, on occasion I love to eat salsa and chips at a GOOD mexican restaurant…yummy!!!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
swivel wrote:

I’ve often said that the ice cream man is a child molestor.[/quote]

bro i know it . the guy around here has the moustache and everything. plus i think his name’s chester.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:

I usually pass go after about 5 whiskey & waters, so I can only discern “gradations of taste” for a very short period of time. But I hear cigars and whiskey is quite a treat for the pallate.[/quote]

If you want to try something wild. Go for Virginia Gentleman (although anything of this class will work) and Mountain Dew. My ex father-in-law turned me on to this. He called it the “mix”. Great stuff on a hot day!

[quote]BigCorey75 wrote:
personally im a fan of the hops and barley mixture budweiser being my favorite.[/quote]

Good god man, get to a town with some microbrews! You might as well just piss in a cup. OK, that’s more like PBR, but it’s not far off!

Now if you want something to really knock you on your ass, get a good barley wine. Something like Old Knucklehead from Bridgeport Brewery in Oregon.

Yummm…

I’ve pretty much given up drinking, but I still really enjoy a cold beer once in a while. My favorites are Odell’s Easy Street and New Belgiums Sunshine Wheat. I just love wheat beers. If I choose to really drink, you can’t beat Jager Bombs (Jager and Red Bull).

As far as vices I am still working on giving up- buffalo wings. I just love fresh, hot buffalo wings from a local place called Jim’s Wings.

A few drinks or a bad meal once in a while won’t kill us.

Jeff