T Nation

Vic Richards Guest Posing

He’s offseason, but he still looks 9 kinds of big.

You know, I hear he has to eat 30,000 calories a day, everyday, year-round to maintain that size. Can you believe it?** :wink:

Seriously though, even offseason, he doesn’t look sloppy and puffy like other pros sometimes do now.

** - To clarify: http://www.vicrichards.com/interview1.htm
“I was asked what the most amount of calories I ate in a day was and I told the person conducting the interview that it was probably 30,000 but that was simply because I was eating Nigerian foods which are heavily loaded with lots and lots of fats. I never said I ate 30,000 kcals on a regular basis and certainly not from Rice, Chicken and vegetables.”

[quote]Minotaur wrote:

Seriously though, even offseason, he doesn’t look sloppy and puffy like other pros sometimes do now.
[/quote]

He’s doing a guest posing though. Obviously he wouldn’t come out completely out of shape for it so we really don’t know how heavy he gets. I have a hard time believing he got that big without ever bulking up more.

Either way, the guy’s genetics for muscle growth are ridiculous. I dare the “rate me” guy in the photo section to say he isn’t serious about training because he doesn’t compete.

His calves have to be close to 23". Finding clothes must be a bitch.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
His calves have to be close to 23". Finding clothes must be a bitch.[/quote]

He can always fall back on rolled up Capri pant.

1. He still has that big nasty gut they all have.

2. Offseason from what? I thought he didn’t compete.

3. Damn, he’s really big.

[quote]doogie wrote:

3. Damn, he’s really big.[/quote]

In all honesty, considering the guy is around 300lbs, that is no gut. That is simply how wide you have to be to carry that much size without being structurally unsound. He admits to having a waist around 36" but it is all muscle.

As far as being off season, you’re right, but I think that term now covers “bulking up” and simply working on size as opposed to dieting down. If I were him, I wouldn’t worry about competing either. That kills people at the pro level. He’s making money by simply looking like that, not to mention he’s educated.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
doogie wrote:

3. Damn, he’s really big.

In all honesty, considering the guy is around 300lbs, that is no gut. That is simply how wide you have to be to carry that much size without being structurally unsound. He admits to having a waist around 36" but it is all muscle.

As far as being off season, you’re right, but I think that term now covers “bulking up” and simply working on size as opposed to dieting down. If I were him, I wouldn’t worry about competing either. That kills people at the pro level. He’s making money by simply looking like that, not to mention he’s educated.[/quote]

I remember seeing him back in probably 1990 or so when ESPN had that bodybuilding show. He was freaky by 1990 standards, and he’s managed to get freaky by 2006 standards. I wouldn’t diet down if I were him, either.

As to the gut, it’s deep AND wide.

I met Vic Richards at my job (Costco). He was very friendly and obviously intelligent. He asked me where something was, I helped him like anyone else and then we started talking bodybuilding.

He stated before that he only ate 30,000 calories on one particular day. He was vacationing in Africa and had African cuisine (which is very high in fat) all day long. At the end of the day he estimated it to be 30,000. He must have felt pretty sluggish.

He said before he eats about 10,000 a day.

That is damn impressive!

Why doesn’t he compete? Is it just his personal choice or did he have a disagreement with a governing body?

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
That is damn impressive!

Why doesn’t he compete? Is it just his personal choice or did he have a disagreement with a governing body?[/quote]

From what I’ve read, his reason is mostly about the politics involved. The guy is still ridiculously huge and he and Ronnie are about the same age. There is a more recent picture of him in that Favorite bodybuilding picture thread somewhere around the last ten pages of it.