Vibrams FiveFingers KSO vs Bikila?

I don’t like Chuck Taylors. I have always wore my Inzer squat shoes for squatting(the old white one’s). I decided not to long ago to buy a pair of Chucks to see what all the hype with them was. I squatted in them and didn’t feel nearly as stable with them as I do my Inzer’s, I didn’t feel I had near the ankle support in them. The old Inzer shoes are hard to beat.

As far as the Vibram’s they seem like a cool shoe to lift in

I have a pair of the KSO’s I use for everything, and i love them. super comfortable great for deads and squats (i squat narrow dont know about wide stance. I wear them on a daily basis and I can see an improvement in my calf development as well. The only downfall is the awful stink, I need to pick me up some inji socks

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
i know a guy in here who can squat a grand, and trains in vibrams.

anyone else?[/quote]

Has he squatted a grand in them?

I know guys who train in flip flops. So what?

I bought a pair a sprints about a month ago. Been wearing them everyday, I feel a huge difference in my ankles. Wearing them also changes the way that you walk. I used to basically shuffle when I walked. Now i’m very sneaky.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

anyone else?[/quote]

I can squat a grand…but it takes me four reps to do it.

I got KSOs for squats and deads…now i use them for everything. I love 'em.

I love my KSO’s. I run, swing kettlebells, hike, kayak, and lift in them and I haven’t had any problems yet.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

anyone else?[/quote]

I know guys who train in flip flops. So what?[/quote]

Nope. Havent squatted a grand in them. Have squatted a grand though. Have you?

Jason

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

anyone else?[/quote]

Jason

[/quote]

Nope. Haven’t squatted a grand in them either.

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

anyone else?[/quote]

Jason

[/quote]

[/quote]

Touche. Well played sir. hahahahahahahaha

Jason

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

anyone else?[/quote]

Jason

[/quote]

[/quote]

Touche. Well played sir. hahahahahahahaha

Jason
[/quote]
I’ve squatted a grand in flip flops.

Yup. 1000 half pounds.

Seriously considering taking my opener in August in them just to show my ass a bit. hahahaha

Jason

I’ve had the KSOs for about two years now. Took a while to get used to having something between my toes, but now I love them. Enough’s been said about training in them(to me it feels no different than going barefoot)but in terms of everyday use I will point out two things: 1) hiking through high grass/weeds these things don’t protect the sides of your feet at all from being poked by sticks, etc, and I never realized just how much lateral protection shoes/boots provide until using VFFs. 2) At the beach they do OK keeping the sand out when you are above the surf line(i.e., dry sand), but once you walk into the water, the wave action packs them with sand, and rather than KSO they KSI. Not a deal breaker, just something to consider. Someone mentioned “stink”–probably no worse than any other shoe, I just close the velcro, throw them in the wash with a regular load, then let them air/sun dry and they’re as good as new. I’ll most likely buy another pair when these wear out (which, by the looks of things, will be when the velcro strap wears through at the ring–other than that and wear on the soles they still look almost brand new.

[quote]wayneg wrote:
I’ve had the KSOs for about two years now. Took a while to get used to having something between my toes, but now I love them. Enough’s been said about training in them(to me it feels no different than going barefoot)but in terms of everyday use I will point out two things: 1) hiking through high grass/weeds these things don’t protect the sides of your feet at all from being poked by sticks, etc, and I never realized just how much lateral protection shoes/boots provide until using VFFs. 2) At the beach they do OK keeping the sand out when you are above the surf line(i.e., dry sand), but once you walk into the water, the wave action packs them with sand, and rather than KSO they KSI. Not a deal breaker, just something to consider. Someone mentioned “stink”–probably no worse than any other shoe, I just close the velcro, throw them in the wash with a regular load, then let them air/sun dry and they’re as good as new. I’ll most likely buy another pair when these wear out (which, by the looks of things, will be when the velcro strap wears through at the ring–other than that and wear on the soles they still look almost brand new. [/quote]

You’re complaining that you got sand in your shoes when you walked into the fucking ocean.

I train lower body in do-wins. Love them, wear nike frees the rest of the time. I like wearing track flats for the benefits of shoes in all situations while also having much greater flexibility in the shoe than anything else. The brooks mach shoes are awesome. I would get the bikila if I was going to wear them for running or any kind of agility/track drills.

[quote]Wild_Iron_Gym wrote:
The fitness industry is full of gimmicks and fads. Remember the shoes with the platform thing under the ball of your foot? Your heel would never touch the ground, and they were supposed to increase your vertical by strengthening your calves. Seinfeld even had an episode with them on it. They were very popular. Where are they now? [/quote]

No joke, I’ve seen a guy doing hang cleans in those.

I have recently begun squatting with cow hide soaked in race horse liniments wrapped around my feet. I leave a little flap of it liniment-less so I can chew on it a little between sets. It has really helped me get that all important 3rd metatarsal angle when I come out of the hole.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
I have recently begun squatting with cow hide soaked in race horse liniments wrapped around my feet. I leave a little flap of it liniment-less so I can chew on it a little between sets. It has really helped me get that all important 3rd metatarsal angle when I come out of the hole.[/quote]

I will definitely have to try that. Usually I just soak the whole thing.

I am so confused now, I think I’ll trade in my CT’s and wear 1 flip flop and 1 Vibrams just to be safe.

…or better yet, I’ll wear Vibrams WITH flip flops, yeah yeah, that’ll be sweet!