[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
Bro do you even Cardio?[/quote]
[/quote]

This ^

Lol. No at the moment I don’t. I want to do some mild cardio though if for no other reason but to just feel better.[/quote]

By no means am I a vet but I’ve been able to drop a decent amount of weight in the past adding in incline walking, the best part is I kept getting stronger as it had virtually no effect on recovery. [/quote]

I second the walking. Fasted morning walks can make a big difference over time and have no negative effects on recovery. Beats doing cardio any day.[/quote]

get a dog! Take it out for a walk every morning before breakfast. That’s your fasted cardio right there.[/quote]

I have two wild ass beagles and a big, crazy old hound mix. They’re not really the walking type lol.

I am going to start doing some incline walking after I lift though.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
Bro do you even Cardio?[/quote]
[/quote]

This ^

Lol. No at the moment I don’t. I want to do some mild cardio though if for no other reason but to just feel better.[/quote]

By no means am I a vet but I’ve been able to drop a decent amount of weight in the past adding in incline walking, the best part is I kept getting stronger as it had virtually no effect on recovery. [/quote]

I second the walking. Fasted morning walks can make a big difference over time and have no negative effects on recovery. Beats doing cardio any day.[/quote]

get a dog! Take it out for a walk every morning before breakfast. That’s your fasted cardio right there.[/quote]

I have two wild ass beagles and a big, crazy old hound mix. They’re not really the walking type lol.

I am going to start doing some incline walking after I lift though.[/quote]

one of my dogs is part beagle. I absolutely hate walking him.

Don’t know If It fits your schedule but fasted morning walks are great.You get outside and clear your head before the day start’s etc.I’ve been doing them forever and love starting the day like this.Even bundle up In the winter and do them as well.

[quote]jppage wrote:
Don’t know If It fits your schedule but fasted morning walks are great.You get outside and clear your head before the day start’s etc.I’ve been doing them forever and love starting the day like this.Even bundle up In the winter and do them as well.[/quote]

I could honestly fit them in. I should do it, especially now that it’s nicer out. I would just feel like a retired old hag lol. I live on a golf course, and I see them doing it every morning.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:
Don’t know If It fits your schedule but fasted morning walks are great.You get outside and clear your head before the day start’s etc.I’ve been doing them forever and love starting the day like this.Even bundle up In the winter and do them as well.[/quote]

I could honestly fit them in. I should do it, especially now that it’s nicer out. I would just feel like a retired old hag lol. I live on a golf course, and I see them doing it every morning.[/quote]

Join their group. Earn their trust and then get them to start deadlifting.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

I could honestly fit them in. I should do it, especially now that it’s nicer out. I would just feel like a retired old hag lol. I live on a golf course, and I see them doing it every morning.[/quote]

Join their group. Earn their trust and then get them to start deadlifting.[/quote]

hahah. Infilrate the knitting club huh…hmmmm.

The one across the street has made it clear that she dislikes my “loud ass” GTI lol…and the fact that I am 24 and own the house while she is 80 something and rents.

Maybe I should try to up my popularity in the neighborhood…

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

YA that’s funny ironmanzvw.I forgot to mention that I wear my weighted vest as well,love that thing.Anyway I walk around my neighborhood and see the blue hair’s every morning haha.I went a freekin long ass time where I had to answer the question of what I was wearing(weighted vest).

I got so sick of telling people I started making shit up like I was the neighborhood watchman.and one of my favs Is that when I was In new york on a trip I saw to much and now In the witness protection program.They all know me now though and I’m just one of the walker’s haha.

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

YA that’s funny ironmanzvw.I forgot to mention that I wear my weighted vest as well,love that thing.Anyway I walk around my neighborhood and see the blue hair’s every morning haha.I went a freekin long ass time where I had to answer the question of what I was wearing(weighted vest).

I got so sick of telling people I started making shit up like I was the neighborhood watchman.and one of my favs Is that when I was In new york on a trip I saw to much and now In the witness protection program.They all know me now though and I’m just one of the walker’s haha. [/quote]

Haha that’s great.

Yea I think I’m going to start walking in the mornings before I eat. I just hate cutting so much man…

Like I have only been cutting my carbs back again for 1 week, and I feel so flat and puny. sucks lol.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

I got so sick of telling people I started making shit up like I was the neighborhood watchman.and one of my favs Is that when I was In new york on a trip I saw to much and now In the witness protection program.They all know me now though and I’m just one of the walker’s haha. [/quote]

Haha that’s great.

Yea I think I’m going to start walking in the mornings before I eat. I just hate cutting so much man…

Like I have only been cutting my carbs back again for 1 week, and I feel so flat and puny. sucks lol.[/quote]

It helps to avoid the scale sometimes.

Let us know how the walking does for you or if you have to amp that up.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

Haha that’s great.

Like I have only been cutting my carbs back again for 1 week, and I feel so flat and puny. sucks lol.[/quote]

Let us know how the walking does for you or if you have to amp that up.[/quote]
Yea I try to avoid the scale for at least a week at a time… Your weight will go up and down but by the end of the week your more than likely lost weight… Also my wife and I walk about 3 miles in the evenings after we eat. Mornings are probably better but that’s my gym time… As far as a weighted vest, I am 350 I don’t need no stinkin vest!! LOL

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

Haha that’s great.

yea i know. I haven’t even been stepping on the scale for that exact reason X lol…

I just hate when my shirts start feeling loose when they were super filled out before haha.

Doesn’t help that my lifting partner just got on cycle and is eating like a horse and growing while I’m shrinking haha :confused:

Yea I’ll let you know how the walking goes. My metabolism is stupid fast, so it really probably be more than enough.

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

Haha that’s great.

Yea I try to avoid the scale for at least a week at a time… Your weight will go up and down but by the end of the week your more than likely lost weight… Also my wife and I walk about 3 miles in the evenings after we eat. Mornings are probably better but that’s my gym time… As far as a weighted vest, I am 350 I don’t need no stinkin vest!! LOL[/quote]

Haha yea doesn’t sound like a vest would be necesarry in your case…!

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

yea i know. I haven’t even been stepping on the scale for that exact reason X lol…

I just hate when my shirts start feeling loose when they were super filled out before haha.

Doesn’t help that my lifting partner just got on cycle and is eating like a horse and growing while I’m shrinking haha :confused:

Yea I’ll let you know how the walking goes. My metabolism is stupid fast, so it really probably be more than enough.[/quote]

That killed me too. I was dropping weight last year when my training partner was trying to hit damn near 280lbs for the first time…at 5’7". He is the type who doesn’t mind having a belly when he bulks up but he also tries to eat pretty clean overall. Being around someone who can shovel food like that when you try to drop is stress all by itself.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Yea I’ll let you know how the walking goes. My metabolism is stupid fast, so it really probably be more than enough.[/quote]

That killed me too. I was dropping weight last year when my training partner was trying to hit damn near 280lbs for the first time…at 5’7". He is the type who doesn’t mind having a belly when he bulks up but he also tries to eat pretty clean overall. Being around someone who can shovel food like that when you try to drop is stress all by itself.[/quote]

Too true. And what’s worse is I’m actually a bigger, more developed guy than my partner. I’m just not on anything at the moment and have dropped 20+ lbs since the end of Feb.

I’m amazed by all this walking loses fat posts. I too use to walk my lovely old Labrador 5 times per week around the lake which was around 4 kilometers. I never once for a second considered that it could actually help me lose fat.
I’m still not sold on that.

If I could walk why wouldn’t I jog? If i can jog why wouldn’t I sprint?
I guess I’m just a High Intensity Interval Training fan.
Then again these days I prefer to lift weights. Supersets and tri sets give a great cardio effect.

[quote]Angus1 wrote:
I’m amazed by all this walking loses fat posts. I too use to walk my lovely old Labrador 5 times per week around the lake which was around 4 kilometers. I never once for a second considered that it could actually help me lose fat.

Then again these days I prefer to lift weights. Supersets and tri sets give a great cardio effect.[/quote]

My guess is, the more muscle you carry, the more you get from the work done.

I didn’t do much cardio at all to drop weight before. Just taking less rest in between sets did most of that before I ever needed to add it in.

[quote]Angus1 wrote:

Then again these days I prefer to lift weights. Supersets and tri sets give a great cardio effect.[/quote]

I have two torn meniscus from military training…running hurts lol.

[quote]Angus1 wrote:

My guess is, the more muscle you carry, the more you get from the work done.[/quote]

^This

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

Join their group. Earn their trust and then get them to start deadlifting.[/quote]

Infiltrate the oldies, steal stock tips…get them yoked.

Winning.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

Infiltrate the oldies, steal stock tips…get them yoked.

Winning.[/quote]

lol