Vets, Make Me Bigger/Stronger/Leaner

I would love to be one of your projects :slight_smile:

Trying to just slowly but surely build a leaner, bigger physique.

Abra-Cadabra!

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Abra-Cadabra!

S[/quote]

I think I can feel it working already…thanks Stu!

dude you’re too strong to be asking these questions!

lazy sumbitch! Go get liftin

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
dude you’re too strong to be asking these questions!

lazy sumbitch! Go get liftin[/quote]

Lol, yea but strong isn’t making me pretty enough bud!!!

I really think its 99% my diet. Lazy lol

Why don’t you post your weight, calorie intake, macro breakdown, training split, and some pics? You may not find a one-on-one mentor, but I’m sure some guys would give you some advice on a solid diet plan. Then keep updating the thread so people can jump in from time to time and help you along with your progress.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Why don’t you post your weight, calorie intake, macro breakdown, training split, and some pics? You may not find a one-on-one mentor, but I’m sure some guys would give you some advice on a solid diet plan. Then keep updating the thread so people can jump in from time to time and help you along with your progress.
[/quote]

Height: 5’8
Weight: ~200 lbs (down from ~218 this winter)

Calories as of yesterday: 3337

Macros as of yesterday: Fat - 98, Carbs - 252, Protein - 336

NOTE - just dropped my cals a few days ago. basically just cut 80-100 carbs. So the cals and macros above do not reflect how my diet has been for the past 6 weeks or so. Just add 100 carbs give or take to what I posted and that’s how it’s pretty much been.

Training Split:

Mon - Chest (and some pump work for tris)
Tuesday - Legs (a few sets of rear delts)
Wed - Rest
Thur - Back (and some pump work for bis)
Fri - Shoulders
Sat - Arms
Sun - Rest

I will post some pics tonight hopefully, if not tomorrow. Gotta wait for my fiance to come home to take some. The back pic that is my avatar is pretty recent.

My goal is to just gradually lose some bodyfat and put on more lean mass. BIGGER, STRONGER, LEANER. Not looking for any magical tips and tricks, nor do I expect instant gratification. Just want slow, steady results.

I feel like making a parody thread called “Vets, My Bigger, Stronger Weiner”, but parody threads are now frowned upon in this establishment.

Plus I stole the joke from someone more clever than me.

#steelydismorecleverthanme

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I feel like making a parody thread called “Vets, My Bigger, Stronger Weiner”, but parody threads are now frowned upon in this establishment.

Plus I stole the joke from someone more clever than me.

#steelydismorecleverthanme[/quote]

Lol

[quote]

I really think its 99% my diet. Lazy lol[/quote]

Jskrabac just recommended a great book called “Championship Bodybuilding” by Chris Acetone. It has everything about diet nicely laid out and it’s an easy twenty minute read. The diet section in it has a lot of great information and teaches you how to get bodybuilder lean. I know it’s not a coach but you could learn the information you need to become your own coach.

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:

[quote]

I really think its 99% my diet. Lazy lol[/quote]

Jskrabac just recommended a great book called “Championship Bodybuilding” by Chris Acetone. It has everything about diet nicely laid out and it’s an easy twenty minute read. The diet section in it has a lot of great information and teaches you how to get bodybuilder lean. I know it’s not a coach but you could learn the information you need to become your own coach.[/quote]

Thanks man! Appreciate the input, I’ll check it out.

Judging from your split and avatar I think your training is pretty well in order. Since you’re not in any hurry to cut, I think your approach is good with the initial decrease of carbs/cals. Personally, I really like carb cycling. I hit moderate - high carbs on most training days and low carb on my off days. In addition to the physical benefits, it also provides a mental boost. I don’t mind the suffering as much on the low days knowing I have carbs coming the next day.

Track you weight each day and take weekly photos. Figuring out what your body responds to best is fun and really is a great learning experience. Read through some of the contest prep threads in the BB forum. There are a lot of good nuggets of info to pick out.

Judging from your split and avatar I think your training is pretty well in order. Since you’re not in any hurry to cut, I think your approach is good with the initial decrease of carbs/cals. Personally, I really like carb cycling. I hit moderate - high carbs on most training days and low carb on my off days. In addition to the physical benefits, it also provides a mental boost. I don’t mind the suffering as much on the low days knowing I have carbs coming the next day.

Track you weight each day and take weekly photos. Figuring out what your body responds to best is fun and really is a great learning experience. Read through some of the contest prep threads in the BB forum. There are a lot of good nuggets of info to pick out.[/quote]

Thanks man, really appreciate the help.

So on my lower carb days, how many grams should I reduce?

Also, should I up my protein or fat intake on those days?

Bro do you even Cardio?

[quote]optheta wrote:
Bro do you even Cardio?[/quote]

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
[/quote]

This ^

Lol. No at the moment I don’t. I want to do some mild cardio though if for no other reason but to just feel better.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
[/quote]

This ^

Lol. No at the moment I don’t. I want to do some mild cardio though if for no other reason but to just feel better.[/quote]

By no means am I a vet but I’ve been able to drop a decent amount of weight in the past adding in incline walking, the best part is I kept getting stronger as it had virtually no effect on recovery.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Track you weight each day and take weekly photos. Figuring out what your body responds to best is fun and really is a great learning experience. Read through some of the contest prep threads in the BB forum. There are a lot of good nuggets of info to pick out.[/quote]

Thanks man, really appreciate the help.

So on my lower carb days, how many grams should I reduce?

Also, should I up my protein or fat intake on those days?[/quote]

Yeah, I definitely get a lot more protein and some additional fat on my low carb days. Play around with the carb intake and see how you respond. I usually do 50-70 grams on my low days and then I’ll pick one non-training day and go as low as 30 grams. My total calories are usually a little higher on my high carb days and lower on my low carb days. I just make sure they average out to my target total calories. So for example, if my daily target is 2,800 calories, I may hit 3,000 on my high carb day and 2,600 on my low carb day.

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
[/quote]

This ^

Lol. No at the moment I don’t. I want to do some mild cardio though if for no other reason but to just feel better.[/quote]

By no means am I a vet but I’ve been able to drop a decent amount of weight in the past adding in incline walking, the best part is I kept getting stronger as it had virtually no effect on recovery. [/quote]

I second the walking. Fasted morning walks can make a big difference over time and have no negative effects on recovery. Beats doing cardio any day.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
[/quote]

This ^

By no means am I a vet but I’ve been able to drop a decent amount of weight in the past adding in incline walking, the best part is I kept getting stronger as it had virtually no effect on recovery. [/quote]

I second the walking. Fasted morning walks can make a big difference over time and have no negative effects on recovery. Beats doing cardio any day.[/quote]

get a dog! Take it out for a walk every morning before breakfast. That’s your fasted cardio right there.