T Nation

Vets Day-Sound Off!

Happy early vets day!!!

I’ve been out for 9 years and I miss it everyday. There are no friends like the ones you make in the service. Best time of my life.

Buckaroo - 1st 508th ABN Red Devils
1st 501st ABN Artic Warriors

If it was the best time of your life, then why did you get out and why don’t you re-enlist?

Happy Veteran’s Day and Marine Corps Birthday, and thank you to all who served and are still serving.

Semper Fi

Happy Veterans’ Day.
I got out in '91. I miss some aspects of it and not others!
All the best to those who served and are still serving.
All the Way, Airborne!
Sgt., A Co., HHC, 2/504th PIR, 82nd Abn. Div. “Devils in Baggy Pants”(1988-1991)
I got my U.S. Naturalisation just before being deployed to Desert Shield/Storm.
Good to the Last Drop!

USMC 1997-2002

Thanks to all of our vets and those currently serving the U.S.A. We may have some problems but living here kicks ass over anyplace else in the world.

God Bless

OOH RAH Vets, thanks for all you’ve done.

Sgt Hall
USMC
1999-2004

Today is the first anniversary of my Dad’s passing. I remember clearly how I was struck by the fact that it was Veteran’s Day when we went to the mortuary the next day. He was a WWII vet (Army signal corps, south pacific), served a total of 13 years.

Since then, I’ve joined the Patriot Guard Riders, a group of motorcyclists (many of them Vietnam vets and hard-core bikers) that honor vets at their funerals. The group was formed in response to the “God Hates Fags” nuts that protest at soldiers’ funerals. They were at a funeral in my home town, not long after my Dad passed away. I was dismayed and pissed. I’ve been to several funerals since, all in small towns in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Despite what elitists think, I know that our best people are in the military. Bikers are a close second.

I’ll be flying the flag this weekend.

[quote]dswithers wrote:
If it was the best time of your life, then why did you get out and why don’t you re-enlist?

Happy Veteran’s Day and Marine Corps Birthday, and thank you to all who served and are still serving.

Semper Fi[/quote]

Went to college, got married, working on my PhD. After 4 years, I wanted to pursue my research career. I’m 32 now. I am interested in continuing my research at Walter Reed. My way of giving back to the Army. My wife always wanted me to go make in as an officer. I think she loved army life more than me!!

My old man even though he’s legally blind will be marching in Boston today carrying the American flag for the 187th ARCT color guard today.

Sea Wolves. 66-68 Vietnam.

[quote]dhunter wrote:
Today is the first anniversary of my Dad’s passing. I remember clearly how I was struck by the fact that it was Veteran’s Day when we went to the mortuary the next day. He was a WWII vet (Army signal corps, south pacific), served a total of 13 years.

Since then, I’ve joined the Patriot Guard Riders, a group of motorcyclists (many of them Vietnam vets and hard-core bikers) that honor vets at their funerals. The group was formed in response to the “God Hates Fags” nuts that protest at soldiers’ funerals. They were at a funeral in my home town, not long after my Dad passed away. I was dismayed and pissed. I’ve been to several funerals since, all in small towns in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Despite what elitists think, I know that our best people are in the military. Bikers are a close second.

I’ll be flying the flag this weekend.
[/quote]

That is awesome what you are doing. I personally thank you for protecting the honor of those vets who have passed. I remember reading about those religous nuts protesting at that funeral. It breaks my heart to see such cruel acts from these idiots. Thanks again dhunter!!

8th Infantry Division 3rd Squadron 7th U.S. Cavalry. Garry Owen!!!

[quote]superpimp wrote:
My old man even though he’s legally blind will be marching in Boston today carrying the American flag for the 187th ARCT color guard today.[/quote]

That is awesome!!

I served 9 years as an Air Force officer - got out in 1992. But I’m still helping indirectly, working as a contractor supporting the AF organization that will be purchasing the next generation Tanker aircraft.

Nobody passes gas better than Air Force Tankers.