Veterans, Thank You

Thank you.

Thanks, your efforts were and still are much appreciated.

- Fight for Peace -

To all vets that have fought for our beliefs in WWI to the latest.

Thank You!

[quote]jb2001 wrote:
How dare you fucking post this you sack of shit! Go into your local VFW and tell one of them this and see what happens to your sorry ass! FUCK YOU!

LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
And yet I feel more served by a McDonalds drive thru window worker than by other people killing other people overseas.

Where is their holiday?

[/quote]

I am a veteran. I am not special just because there is a veterans day and neither is anyone else. Push-off, you emotional weenie.

Luckily, I can drive thru and give my thanks to the real heroes. Mmmmmmmm, double quarter-pounder for a buck.

[quote]Mod Jump’N Jack wrote:
Livticvsmaximvs wrote:
And yet I feel more served by a McDonalds drive thru window worker than by other people killing other people overseas.

Where is their holiday?

This is not the appropriate thread for these comments. If your intention is to debate or bring up alternative opinions, you need to start a new thread in the Politics and World Issues forum.

Further off-topic posts in this thread are unnecessary and won’t be permitted.[/quote]

Thank you heroic T-Nation for letting us voice our opinions on your property. See? no military member gives us these rights but rather private property does.

The grave that they dug him had flowers
Gathered from the hillsides in bright summer colors,
And the brown earth bleached white at the edge of his gravestone.
He’s gone.
When the wars of our nation did beckon,
A man barely twenty did answer the calling.
Proud of the trust that he placed in our nation,
He’s gone,
But Eternity knows him, and it knows what we’ve done.
And the rain fell like pearls on the leaves of the flowers
Leaving brown, muddy clay where the earth had been dry.
And deep in the trench he waited for hours,
As he held to his rifle and prayed not to die.
But the silence of night was shattered by fire
As guns and grenades blasted sharp through the air.
And one after another his comrades were slaughtered.
In morgue of Marines, alone standing there.
He crouched ever lower, ever lower with fear.
They can’t let me die! The can’t let me die here!
I’ll cover myself with the mud and the earth.
I’ll cover myself! I know I’m not brave!
The earth! the earth! the earth is my grave.
The grave that they dug him had flowers
Gathered from the hillsides in bright summer colors,
And the brown earth bleached white at the edge of his gravestone.
He’s gone.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Where is their holiday?[/quote]

don’t stop people like this from posting their comments. every time they post it JUST SHOWS HOW MUCH THEY OWE THE VETS THEY DESPISE.
it’s no big deal. I served so people like this could say what they want to. just try to say something against the government in a non democratic country while NOT HIDING BEHIND THE INTERNET. I had people spit at me, curse me and call me all kinds of names. I’m just glad that the vets today are starting to get the respect they deserve.

there will always be people that feel that they deserve the freedom to say what they want but will never have the courage to stand up and fight for it. these people deserve your pity and will probably infect their children with the same disease they have, lack of a heart or soul.

[quote]silverblood wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Where is their holiday?

it’s no big deal. I served so people like this could say what they want to. just try to say something against the government in a non democratic country while NOT HIDING BEHIND THE INTERNET. I had people spit at me, curse me and call me all kinds of names. I’m just glad that the vets today are starting to get the respect they deserve.

there will always be people that feel that they deserve the freedom to say what they want but will never have the courage to stand up and fight for it. these people deserve your pity and will probably infect their children with the same disease they have, lack of a heart or soul.
[/quote]

agreed.

Please think on this, It is easy to “say” thank you and so very easier to type it.

If you ever find yourself in a position to “DO” something, please do it…

And to (Livticvsmaximvs), I believe that those women and men who you so callously disrespect ALSO fight for your “privilege” to be such a dolt.

To everyone else in the forums, The Right to Free Speech IS one of the things we fight for (no matter how it may make us FEEL [I’d like to beat him too])

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
Please think on this, It is easy to “say” thank you and so very easier to type it.

If you ever find yourself in a position to “DO” something, please do it…

And to (Livticvsmaximvs), I believe that those women and men who you so callously disrespect ALSO fight for your “privilege” to be such a dolt.

To everyone else in the forums, The Right to Free Speech IS one of the things we fight for (no matter how it may make us FEEL [I’d like to beat him too]) [/quote]

just pity him because it wouldn’t be much fun to beat someone that obviously would not stand and fight.

Few things make me feel better than when I’m in Uniform and get a hello or a head nod from a Veteran.

I’m proud to carry the baton they handed me and am proud of the men and women that I’m handing it off to.

Happy Veteran’s Day. To those of you who fought so that I could choose to wear my uniform rather than be forced to: Thank You.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
silverblood wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Where is their holiday?

agreed.[/quote]

Great post

Vets are the only thing in this world that make me fight back a tear. Should I seek an AI?

Seriously though, Thank you for your service.

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
Few things make me feel better than when I’m in Uniform and get a hello or a head nod from a Veteran.

I’m proud to carry the baton they handed me and am proud of the men and women that I’m handing it off to.

Happy Veteran’s Day. To those of you who fought so that I could choose to wear my uniform rather than be forced to: Thank You.
[/quote]

Well said!

Happy Vets Day!

and slashed prices at Sears

[quote]pushharder wrote:
silverblood wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
silverblood wrote:

Well you know, at least I don’t just sit around on the internet and idly praise some faceless person because thats all I know how to do. I actually have gone down to a homeless shelter and talked to real live veterans who’ve actually seen the horrors of war. What the hell have you done? You chicken-hawk mthrfckr!

I’ve lived it. it is easy to sit there and talk the talk but I’ve walked the walk. how about you?
when was the last time you woke up still there? do you really know what death looks, smells, sounds, and tastes like? that you never get to forget?. when you kill someone up close you get to watch them die. you smell the blood, smoke, rot, sweat, shit, and piss. there is a lot of screaming. yours and theirs. you don’t just hear the sounds of a firefight. you feel them. you really can taste blood in the air. they always describe it as a coppery taste. i’m not so sure about that because you taste all the other shit. all I know is that I know what death tastes like. even when it’s over the movie just has an intermission and starts to play again and again. so you remember them forever.
have you ever been in a firefight and when it’s over looked at the guy next to you and you can’t tell who it is because there isn’t enough of his face left. you realize the shit on your face is his blood and brains. you don’t want to to get to know the fngs(fucking new guys) and you stop making friends because you get tired of seeing the people you know die.
when you talked to the vets at the shelter did you feel superior and talk down to them? did you call them names and tell them they should be ashamed of what they are?
I know what I am. people like you will never make me ashamed to be a vet. without people like me people like you wouldn’t exist. SO YOU STILL OWE ME!

I greatly appreciate this post. Thanks so much for your sacrifice.

[/quote]

you’re welcome, but to me it wasn’t a sacrifice.
I just believe in what Confucius was quoted as saying: Who does the difficult things? He who can.

[quote]WxHerk wrote:

[/quote]

x2