Veteran's Day

“We should not mourn that these men have died…Rather, we should thank God that these men have lived.” -Gen. George S. Patton (I think)

Happy Veteran’s Day, y’all. This is also my birthday (chug, chug, chug). Please take a second or two today and reflect on those men who have fought and/or died defending this country. When you see an American flag flyin’ high; stop and think what it means to you. Thanks to everyone for your support, and remember that you matter to us as we matter to you. RLTW

rangertab75

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Laurence Binyon (1869 - 1943), ‘For the Fallen’, fourth stanza

In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. ~Jos? Narosky

I’m the least religious person I know but I always pray on Veteran’s Day. Please join me…

RB

As one veteran - Father Dennis Edward O’Brien, a Sergeant of the United States Marine Corps, - once wrote,

“It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

I have no quote on hand to match each the ones already posted, but I’d still like to offer my gratitude, and appreciation for those of you who are out there no willing to put yourselves in harm’s way to protect what manof us take for granted.

There’s an old WWII vet here in town that comes in my office at least once a week. The stories he tells are priceless. His committment to his country is above reproach. When I thought of him today, I couldn’t help but get just a little teary.

If you see one of these crusty old farts - thank him. It doesn’t have to be on a state sponsored holiday - just thank him.

May God Bless all of our service men, past and present!

Happy Veteran’s Day to all soldiers.

Without your sacrifices, the US wouldn’t be the country that it is today. The debt we all owe can never be repaid.

And happy birthday, Ranger.

Yeah… I’d chug one with ya, but I’m at work. Happy BD and happy Veteran’s day – high-five your fellow servicemen for us all, bro.

Although the name is different, we call it Remembrance Day, the idea is pretty much the same. We too think about the horrors faced and sacrifices made on our behalf.

I just wanted to post up my own heartfelt thanks to allied soldiers past and present.

I hope they somehow know that they were successful, and that the world is actually a better place because of their actions.

[I wanted to post yesterday, but didn’t want to risk drawing the ongoing nonsense between a certain forumite and myself into this thread.]