Very Weird Idea

Oviously i have too much free time. i was thinking about this…what if you were to sleep twice a day? im not talking about a nap. im saying what if you split your day in half. and took 6 hours of sleep 2 times per day. i know the body can pretty much adapt to anything.

now your week isnt exactly 7 days its now more like 14. and wouldnt recovery be alot better if you somehow set up your life like this?

if you were going to train like normal it would almost be like getting an extra night of sleep inbetween.

i think it would really hieghten recovery levels and would work very well for training
for example your routien set up like this

day 1 - Squat day
day 2 - off
day 3 - Bench day
day 4 - some sprints
day 5 - Assiance work for squat and deadlift
day 6 - off
day 7 - off
day 8 - bench assistance work
day 9 - off
day 10 - Deadlift day
day 11 - off
day 12 - off
day 13 - some sprints
day 14 - off

maybe a bad example but it would feel like you would ghet alot mroe time to recover.
just a weird idea that popped into my head. any oppinions?

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
Oviously i have too much free time. i was thinking about this…what if you were to sleep twice a day? im not talking about a nap. im saying what if you split your day in half. and took 6 hours of sleep 2 times per day. i know the body can pretty much adapt to anything.

now your week isnt exactly 7 days its now more like 14. and wouldnt recovery be alot better if you somehow set up your life like this?

if you were going to train like normal it would almost be like getting an extra night of sleep inbetween.

i think it would really hieghten recovery levels and would work very well for training
for example your routien set up like this

day 1 - Squat day
day 2 - off
day 3 - Bench day
day 4 - some sprints
day 5 - Assiance work for squat and deadlift
day 6 - off
day 7 - off
day 8 - bench assistance work
day 9 - off
day 10 - Deadlift day
day 11 - off
day 12 - off
day 13 - some sprints
day 14 - off

maybe a bad example but it would feel like you would ghet alot mroe time to recover.
just a weird idea that popped into my head. any oppinions?[/quote]

lol this post made me laugh were did you come up with this. Very good idea though.

The one problem with it is how are you going to manage to sleep after only being up 6 hours.

You’re right in that you can adapt to a lot of things but it isn’t just a coincidence that we follow a 24 hour daily schedule. Also I don’t think somebody needs 12 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period on a regular basis, even if you had no job or family life. So you might lay in bed but I don’t think you would really sleep, you don’t sleep if you don’t really need to.

there are always the people who can fall asleep pretty easilly. even if your not one of them im sure it might take some time but eventually your body would get use to taking a 6 hour sleep twice a day. i know right away it wouldnt work out, but i think eventually one could adapt to it

Oh the joys of being a Bulgarian weightlifter…