Very Useful Source For Math and so Forth

Does anyone love this site as much as I do???

I find it a very nice supplement to my school’s teaching.

Damn it! I wish i would have known about that site when had to suffer through statistics.

Wow, thanks for the resource. I’m impressed with the sheer amount of topics the site covers.

[quote]FlameofOsiris wrote:
Wow, thanks for the resource. I’m impressed with the sheer amount of topics the site covers. [/quote]

Yeah, so was I.

even better

[quote]musicma1n1 wrote:

even better[/quote]

Better than what, exactly?

Your college library

even better

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Your college library

even better

[/quote]

Not in college yet :frowning:

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
musicma1n1 wrote:

even better

Better than what, exactly?[/quote]

Better then anything. Seriously.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Your college library

even better

Not in college yet :([/quote]

ha, sorry. I vaguely recall that now. Generally college libraries are open to the public, but at least for basic things the internet works well.

While my comment about libraries was a joke, I do think it’s important for anyone wishing to get into the sciences or math to learn to read technical writing–a skill you won’t get from a site like that or wikipedia. When you do get to college, I’m telling you that actually reading your math/science text books, even in your freshman year, whether you really need to or not, is something you should do. I’ve watched many people jerk off the first few years of math/science class, then get to upper level work, realize they really need to read the upper level textbooks but find that they’re basically literate when it comes to technical writing. The time to learn to read technical material isn’t when you’re doing quantum mechanics or learning about modules.

Anyway, I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here, but, just a friendly reminder.

[quote]musicma1n1 wrote:
Rational Gaze wrote:
musicma1n1 wrote:

even better

Better than what, exactly?

Better then anything. Seriously. [/quote]

I don’t get it. It looks very gimmicky to me. I like wolfram too.

In any case this certainly isn’t better for someone who actually wants to learn anything.

[quote]musicma1n1 wrote:

even better[/quote]

this.

Thanks

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:
asusvenus wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Your college library

even better

ha, sorry. I vaguely recall that now. Generally college libraries are open to the public, but at least for basic things the internet works well.

While my comment about libraries was a joke, I do think it’s important for anyone wishing to get into the sciences or math to learn to read technical writing–a skill you won’t get from a site like that or wikipedia. When you do get to college, I’m telling you that actually reading your math/science text books, even in your freshman year, whether you really need to or not, is something you should do. I’ve watched many people jerk off the first few years of math/science class, then get to upper level work, realize they really need to read the upper level textbooks but find that they’re basically literate when it comes to technical writing. The time to learn to read technical material isn’t when you’re doing quantum mechanics or learning about modules.

Anyway, I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here, but, just a friendly reminder. [/quote]

haha, don’t get me wrong, I would never even think of using that site as a replacement of actually reading the textbooks(Or listening in class), which is why I said “supplement”. I like reading, but I also like having examples shown to me. That site does that well.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
asusvenus wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Your college library

even better

Anyway, I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here, but, just a friendly reminder.

haha, don’t get me wrong, I would never even think of using that site as a replacement of actually reading the textbooks(Or listening in class), which is why I said “supplement”. I like reading, but I also like having examples shown to me. That site does that well.[/quote]

Looks like I’m the illiterate one, ha.

Well, I have a more productive way to waste time in the evenings now. Last hour and a half has taken me from an introduction of matrices, matrix multiplication, through to inverting a 3*3 matrix and 2 methods of doing so. The guy who talks you through it in the videos is a very good teacher.