Very Tough Skin?

During a recent surgical procedure the doctor made the comment “your skin is very tough to cut, this is unusual”, I looked at the nurse assisting him and she said “he’s really leaning on the scalpel, I’ve never seen him have so much trouble, your skin is very hard to cut”.

I’m not bothered by the comments but I’m curious whether any of the supplements I was taking might have contributed to the apparent “tough skin”.

Taking; Flameout - REZ-V - Alpha Male - Spike - Surge - creatine - protein.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Id condsider it a good thing you have a tough protective layer.

Hmm maybe the fish oils and solid diet

Phill

`Tell your doc to use a new scalpel instead of that dull old thing.

[quote]Phill wrote:

Phill[/quote]

Yeah, I thought it was good as well Phill, just wondered what the hell caused it, if anything?

I think the answer is obvious.
You’re the Duke!

[quote]Duke wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Yeah, I thought it was good as well Phill, just wondered what the hell caused it, if anything?[/quote]

Id guess mainly genetic and being fed

Phill

[quote]awesomepossom wrote:
I think the answer is obvious.
You’re the Duke![/quote]

It’s not THAT tough… :slight_smile:

I’ve said this to patients. I have noticed some guys have much thicker skin and mucosa than others. I haven’t been able to tell what they all have in common. I only know that in those individuals, it takes much more force to break the skin.

I remember an oral surgeon telling me the same when I had to get one tooth removed after I fractured it. He said he had never experienced bone as tough as mine…which was why it took nearly 2 hours to get the job done.

I haven’t noticed the same in any women. As soon as I figure out what contributes the most to it, I’ll let you know.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I’ve said this to patients. I have noticed some guys have much thicker skin and mucosa than others. I haven’t been able to tell what they all have in common. I only know that in those individuals, it takes much more force to break the skin.

I remember an oral surgeon telling me the same when I had to get one tooth removed after I fractured it. He said he had never experienced bone as tough as mine…which was why it took nearly 2 hours to get the job done.

I haven’t noticed the same in any women. As soon as I figure out what contributes the most to it, I’ll let you know.[/quote]

Thanks Prof, I thought it may have been the RezV but perhaps I’m just blessed with strong bark.