T Nation

Very Short Cycles, Useful or Useless?

what I've read about steroids tends to suggest steroids cycles of 6-12 weeks with 'clean' periods.  The main issue being suppression of natural T.

I havent read about very short periods of steroid use, probably with good reason - it may make no sense.

however I’d be interested in any experiences of very short periods of steroid use, e.g. a few days, in terms of any gains, side effects (or lack of), whether a few days suppressed natural T and so on.

I guess the usefulness will depend on how the muscle compensates after repairing, if it takes severals days then minimally several days would be needed for an effect from steroids and dosing up for a few days ‘now and then’ may make no appreciable difference compared to simply not bothering with the steroids.

short cycles have their place in athletic use. many times it is not practical for an athlete to be on all the time as increases in athletic performance and recovery are available at doses that would do little to increase muscle mass significantly. also, there are often testing concerns, so the cycles will have to be planned very carefully in advance.

suppression seems to start kicking in around 2 weeks after having supraphysiological levels. this means that only short acting injectibles may be used, such as test prop, NPP, masteron, and tren acetate, allowing androgen levels to drop quickly and recovery is quick.

i have observed single shots of EQ taken by endurance athletes and the results are astounding performance-wise, but not much mass-wise. it is possible however to gain and keep a solid 5 pounds with a short cycle if you are relatively new to steroids, but i suspect as you exceed your natural limits significantly, the gains will be closer and closer to nil.

50 mg winny tabs work well for short cycles. Especially when trying to keep your weight in check.

Personally I don’t go longer than 4 wks on, usually only two weeks on, one week off two weeks on then off for 3 days before an event.

Check out Arthur Rea’s Building the Perfect Beast. I have had great succes success running 28-30 day bulking cycles or what he calls Max Androgen Phases. You can also use long esters, short esters and orals. The key is to run enough say 150-200 mg a/day or EOD of an androgenic, say Test/Tren/Masteron the first half and then run an anabolic like Deca/Primo/NPP the 2nd half.

The key is manage post cycle estrogen and cortisol levels. The strategy is hit it hard for 30 days and make sure you exit with normal to slightly below estrogen and cortisol levels as the AAS are exiting. I have some more detail I posted 6 months or so ago if you want to check it out. Good luck to you…

“however I’d be interested in any experiences of very short periods of steroid use, e.g. a few days, in terms of any gains, side effects (or lack of), whether a few days suppressed natural T and so on.”

I’d like to know as well if anyone has ever tried very very short cycles. For exemple, 2 DAYS of AAS (orals and/or test prop)while exercising mega hard followed by 5 days off. It could be a total waste, or maybe not.

Imagine a MMA athelte working out with heavy weights on the weekend and taking oral AAS to recoup, followed by “normal” training. Somebody somewhere has probably tried this.

For mine and others feedabck on 2 weeks on short cycles, see the other thread that’s still near the top.

I can’t see how this would be of any benefit, maybe you should give it a go and post up your results. It takes about 2 to 4 weeks for the HPTA to be impacted by AAS or pro-hormones…I would think that at a minimum you would want 14 days on…

[quote]SwD wrote:
“however I’d be interested in any experiences of very short periods of steroid use, e.g. a few days, in terms of any gains, side effects (or lack of), whether a few days suppressed natural T and so on.”

I’d like to know as well if anyone has ever tried very very short cycles. For exemple, 2 DAYS of AAS (orals and/or test prop)while exercising mega hard followed by 5 days off. It could be a total waste, or maybe not.

Imagine a MMA athelte working out with heavy weights on the weekend and taking oral AAS to recoup, followed by “normal” training. Somebody somewhere has probably tried this.

For mine and others feedabck on 2 weeks on short cycles, see the other thread that’s still near the top.

[/quote]