Very Serious Question

Are you a doctor?

Iā€™m talking specifically about Arimidex, not T-cypionate itself.

Are you saying Arimidex does NOT cause bone loss, blood clots, insufficient blood flow into the heart, joint pains, lower White blood cell countsā€¦ (just to name a few)??

Heā€™s not but heā€™s right.

Just because your guy ā€œis a doctorā€ doesnā€™t mean heā€™s well versed in TRT. Many, many on here are well versed in it AND have the associated benefit of actually being human guinea pigs for TRT.

To reiterate: your doctor is wrong.

1 Like

The difference between medicine and poison is the dose.

Those things come from an AI indirectly. Meaning low E2 is what causes those things, not the AI. If you use too much AI, you will end up with too low of E2, and those side effects.

Iā€™ve done a few blasts. I used some AI with the last blast while using 875 mg/wk of Testosterone. My E2 was about 80 (range was <39). So I had double range E2. I donā€™t believe I was at risk of those side effects.

I think the danger of these drugs is that response seems very individual, and they are a lot more powerful than many think. 0.25 mg EoD of adex was all I took on that big dose of Testosterone. But we see guys taking a lot more while on a quarter that dose. Many end up with E2 that is too low, and they get sides.

I arrived at this conclusion after many people and some doctors telling me that I would have a stroke/heart attack at any moment from my toxically high Testosterone levelsā€¦ since I did 2 blood donations and still could not lower my Hematocrit, could not lower my RBC countsā€¦

I officially started to seriously panic. Perhaps Arimidexā€™s constant mood swings instigated these bad emotions/anxiety, etcā€¦

But the TRT started giving me depression, deadly insomnia, chest pains, I could feel my jugular arteries thumping with so much pain that I felt it in my skullā€¦ Also, the blood bank said my blood pressure went all the way up to 190/xx!! They let me ā€œcalm downā€ after 30 minutes before hooking me up to the machinesā€¦ but even then my Blood pressure was still 171/xxā€¦ These numbers are INSANELY high for me because NEVER in my LIFE have I seen such ghastly readings!!

I was terrified. My emotions took hold of me, and I started hyperventilatingā€¦ And no amount of pep talk and friendliness could help meā€¦

Fight, flight or freezeā€¦ I just froze out of fear and panic.

I understand.

But with all due respect - I disagree.

Thereā€™s a big difference between low Estradiol side effects vs direct drug-induced effects. Another name for ā€œdirect drug-induced effectsā€ is ā€œIatrogenicā€.

I see your point, and I donā€™t want to argue with you at allā€¦ I just respectfully disagree.

Well you didnā€™t freeze because you pulled the plug, but Iā€™ll ignore the semantics.

You should have started with a lower dose. When you were started at a higher dose and were having these issues, you should have titrated down - probably to half the dose you were at (dose response and dose arenā€™t linear, but close-to).

Yes thatā€™s what I am saying. How did you come to this conclusion?

Sources for this please that doesnā€™t involve women tanking their E2 with 1mg of arimidex a day or even more.

In other words show me sources where dudes took arimidex and stayed within range with E2 and all this happened.

It does these things when not combined with testosterone. These are low estrogen symptoms, which would almost guarenteed occur if also low T and taking AI. You take the AI as needed when on testosterone, and many of those negatives cancel outā€¦ many donā€™t need AI at all on TRT (including myself at 180mg/wk).

No, but I feel I have to take charge of my health and educate myself on my medical conditions because every doctor Iā€™ve come into contact with has a degree of ignorance because they donā€™t know everything, theyā€™re not a God in a lab coat, not all knowing.

Does anastrozole have these effects? Iā€™ve not heard of that, or experienced it. All my issues taking it were shown to be from low e2, so Iā€™m curious. I know 99% of medicines arenā€™t side-effect free. In the case of the AI, are you suggesting that the side effects are what you listed out and the benefit of taking it is only weighed against the risk of cancer?

Yes, the side effects include what I listed out, but there are more. But donā€™t take my word for it, do your own research to confirm it for yourself.

My older sister is a surgeon. Sheā€™s very insistent that I educate myself and become well-versed in ā€œmedical jargonā€.

1 Like

Yes what she is seeing and what we see with the side effects are from low E2, hence the term is always ā€œmay, can, couldā€ cause so and so.

AI in the TRT context has no research. The only research on them is with the goal to nuke E2 to hell. Hence thatā€™s where it may/can/could/possibly/etc cause these side effects.

Hey donā€™t take my word for it do your own research and see if any study is done where say guys were kept at levels of 20-40. You havenā€™t had you? And you mention a family member whoā€™s a surgeon, you think you made some credible appeal to authority there?

Excellent advice. My research doesnā€™t support this, but, we are all different and respond to these things in odd ways sometimes.

As Kazuya said there are no studies on men with TRT and a SANE dose of AI to keep e2 between 30-50pg. I would love to see that. You could have another group that keeps their e2 in that same range without the use of an AI and compare the results. I doubt weā€™ll see that soon, but it would be cool