Very Low T at 25 y/o. Looking at TRT as an Option

Hey guys,

Been through so many threads on here over the last few weeks and wanted to post about my situation, what I am doing and really just looking for any input people have on my situation.

Over the last few years I’ve felt like absolute shit honestly. I have always prided myself on being mentally tough, dealing with stuff and just getting through hard situations on my own. While in some aspects in my life that has been great, in this situation it has dragged on this issue for far longer than it should have been.
About a month ago it got to the point I just been unable to deal with the emotions, fatigue, libido issues and decided to go and get a blood test. I got my blood tests through Private MD Labs and was able to go to LabCorp for the tests the next day. I have attached those blood tests here.

Below is a quick summary.
Type: value (ref range)
Testoserone, Serum: 45 (264-916 ng/dL)
Tesosterone, Free: 1.10 (5.00-21.00 ng/dL)
Estradiol, Sensitive: 3.2 (8.0-35.0 pg/mL)
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I: 217 (115-355 ng/mL)
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum: 0.2 (0.0-4.0 ng/mL)

I then went to my doctor after freaking out about how low my levels were…

He couldnt really believe it and ordered more blood work for me. About 2 weeks after the first I got more work shown below.

Testosterone, Serum: 143 (264-916 ng/dL)
Free Testosterone, Direct: 4.0 (9.3-26.5 pg/mL)
LH: 1.9 (1.7-8.6 mIU/mL)
FSH: 4.1 (1.5-12.4 mIU/mL)

My doctor now has asked to get a couple more bloods done today, to check test again and mainly to check prolactin levels, then get an MRI of my pituitary, and then take this information to an endo to get their opinion.

He mentioned that it would be easy to solve the problem and sounded like he had no problem perscribing me testosterone, but whats to check other issues to ensure there is not something we can fix which will resolve this issue.

Really just any input from anyone and any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

More about me:
I am 25 y/o male, former D1 athelete, love to workout (lift and cardio daily) and I am in decent shape. I am 5’11" and weigh about 200lbs. BF probably in the 12-15% range. Arms are always very lean and majority of fat is held in the mid section.

I am sure I have forgotten some information that people will need to be able to comment on my situation so I apologize in advance.

Thanks for everyones time.

Get the MRI and the endo input. Keep us posted and we can go from there.

Do you have any history or drug abuse? Head injuries?

What could the drugs and head injuries cause?

I’m 26 and on TRT and I’ve had numerous head injuries and spent all of high school drunk and stoned…

That’s a great plan.
I would also add a testicular ultrasound.

Many go on trt and never made an effort to see what cause was esp at 25. Sometimes you can’t.

As you know Your testosterone and estradiol are very low.

I would also recheck LH and fsh. If LH remains low you can be secondary hypogonadism. If LH and or fsh is normal or higher you can have testicular failure or primary hypogonadism

1 Like

The pituitary is in your head. It can make your pituitary out of wack cause hormone issues. LH and fsh are made there. LH tells testes to make testosterone.

Also some recreational drug abuse and prescription meds can cause permanent damage to the endocrine system.

1 Like

No head injuries and no drug abuse.

I’ve had periods in school and a couple months here and there where I would get drunk multiple times a week but nothing super crazy. Over the last 6 months only had a handful of drinks.

Eating is pretty solid, I mean it could be better, but I prep my meals weekly and indulge in sweets a couple times a week but generally pretty good. I eat alot mainly just cause I train pretty hard. Eating probably 3500-4500 cal on a daily basis, probably 85% good foods.

I could probably do for a little more sleep, but generally get atleast 6.5 hours a night and generally 7-8 hours a night

Ok, just have to rule those things out. @charlie12 answered why I asked.

Got everything checked and ended up deciding to start TRT.

I am going through an online clinic called Hormone Health and Wellness, a company located in Palm Beach, FL (I am in VA).

I will be starting with 140mg per week of Test-C split into 2 doses as well as 750iu of HCG split into three doses throughout the week.

I am going to be injecting both Subq and will be taking my first injections tomorrow morning.

I will use this thread as my log going forward for my progress, questions, changes, bloodwork and any feedback from other more experienced members is always welcomed.

I am slightly nervous but I am confident with my research and conversations with multiple doctors, that this will be the right move for me.