Very High TT, Very Low FT

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, but I’ve been a long time lurker.

After seeing a lot of the symptoms of low T, I went and had blood work done through through low T center. I’m kind of wondering how I have such high TT with such low FT. I’m assuming the low FT is why I’m experiencing symptoms? What could be causing my FT to be so low in comparison? Anything I could take to get the FT up, as I’m assuming the doc won’t prescribe testosterone due to the high TT.

The lab results that were given to me are below. I have no clue what 80% of them mean. Any help, advise is appreciated.

TT â?? 1355 ng/dl (348-1197)
FT â?? 9.0 pg/ml (8.7-25.1)
LH â?? 3.6 mIU/ml (1.7-8.6)
FSH 1.8 mIU/ml (1.5-12.4)
Prostate Specific AG, Serum - .3 ng/ml (0.0-4.0)
Cholesterol total â?? 241 mg/dl (100-199)
Triglycerides â?? 166 (0-149)
HDL cholesterol â?? 38 (>39)
LDL cholesterol â?? 170 (0-99)
WBC â?? 6.7
RBC â?? 5.31
Hemoglobin â?? 14.7
Hematocrit â?? 44.2
MCV â?? 83
MCH â?? 27.7
MCHC â?? 33.3
RDW â?? 14.8
Platelets -221
Neutrophils â?? 59%
Lymphs â?? 31%
Monocytes â?? 8%
Eos â?? 1%
Basos â?? 1%
Neutrophils â?? 3.9
Lymps (absolute) â?? 2.1
Monocytes (absolute) â?? 3.9
Eos (absolute) â?? 0.1
Baso (absolute) â?? 0.1
Immature granulocytes â?? 0
Immature grans (abs) â?? 0
Glucose, serum â?? 80
Bun â?? 12
Creatine, serum â?? 1.02
eGFR â?? 97
Bun/Creatine ratio â?? 12
Sodium, serum â?? 140
Potassium, serum â?? 4.5
Choride, serum â?? 101
Carbon Dioxide â?? 24
Calcium, serum â?? 7.3
Protein, total, serum â?? 7.3
Albumin, serum â?? 4.4
Globulin, total â?? 2.9
A/G ratio â?? 1.5
Bilirubin, total - .8
Alkaline phosphatse, s â?? 68
AST (sgot) 36
ALT (sgpt) 45

It means that your SHBG is elevated. There could be a few reasons for high SHBG, which you can look up. One is hyPERthyroidism (not hyPO). Google it to see if you have symptoms of that.

Your cholesterol doesn’t look all that good. Are you eating healthy?

[quote]seekonk wrote:
It means that your SHBG is elevated. There could be a few reasons for high SHBG, which you can look up. One is hyPERthyroidism (not hyPO). Google it to see if you have symptoms of that.

Your cholesterol doesn’t look all that good. Are you eating healthy? [/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at hyperthyroidism as you recommended, and I definitely show some of those symptoms on webmd, especially “Feel very hot, sweat a lot, or have warm, red skin that may be itchy.” The only thing I noticeably DON"T have is weight loss. I’m overweight (~340lbs, but i’m 6’4" and have a rather large frame). I thought hyperthyroidism would cause someone to be skinny?

If I wanted to have blood tests to have the thyroid checked, which tests should I ask the dr. to order?

Thanks again for your help!

Would test tsh, t3, t4 for thyroid as well as estradiol (which is higher in obese men and increases shbg) and cortisol.

[quote]bluecrush93 wrote:

[quote]seekonk wrote:

Your cholesterol doesn’t look all that good. Are you eating healthy? [/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at hyperthyroidism as you recommended, and I definitely show some of those symptoms on webmd, especially “Feel very hot, sweat a lot, or have warm, red skin that may be itchy.” The only thing I noticeably DON"T have is weight loss. I’m overweight (~340lbs, but i’m 6’4" and have a rather large frame). I thought hyperthyroidism would cause someone to be skinny?

If I wanted to have blood tests to have the thyroid checked, which tests should I ask the dr. to order?

Thanks again for your help![/quote]

You definitely need to lose wight. Doesn’t matter how “large your frame is”, that’s too much. Get down to say 12% bodyfat (tested, at whatever weight that may be), clean up your diet and your hormone and cholesterol situations will improve. Your body currently isn’t in an optimal state, until it is we can really only speculate.